Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

I think we can all come to a logical conclusion on the relapsing part. Especially those of us that read the blog. Whether the family wants to announce it or not, it seems pretty obvious. My fear is that LE assumed he was off on a drug binge and would return shortly and didn't take this seriously. It's been 10 months. It's highly unlikely he is going to return alive. No bank account access, no phone use, nothing nada zilch. So, what happened to him? Drug OD and someone disposed of his body? Self-harm? If so, where is his body and how did he get there? He was known to use Uber and Lyft and those accounts have been checked and nothing after the 911 call. Foul play? Certainly possible. If so, who what when where and why? I just keep coming back to the last known place he was known to be alive was inside that grey uber AND his last phone communication was a call for help via the uber app/911. That cannot be disregarded as not relevant.If he made it to his destination wouldn't someone have seen his face and come forward by now and said oh ya I saw that guy get out of a grey van or I saw him walking down the street or standing on the street corner. It is such a busy place with people out and about everywhere at 2pm in the afternoon. Also, why did the Uber driver not do any more rides the rest of that day and several days after that? He first said he dropped Beau off at his apartment. Then the family got access to Beau's Uber records which showed the destination changed mid route from the apartment to a location in Santa Monica. They brought this to LE attention and when Uber driver was asked again, he does not remember. It's all just a bit suspicious to me and warrants a thorough investigation IMO. I think the one thing the family and fiancé can agree on is that LE has not been thorough in their investigation and assumed Beau was voluntarily missing and would resurface quickly.
I personally think LE 100% assumed a lot about Beau due to him being a gay man with substance abuse issues. I wish that wasn't true, but their very limited, shrugging response to his disappearance that is now going on 1 year speaks for itself.

The key here will be that Uber driver. One way or another. We don't even know where Beau was dropped off at. If he lied about taking Beau home, what else did he lie about?
(This is my opinion based on news articles and Beau's mother & fiance)

I personally think LE 100% assumed a lot about Beau due to him being a gay man with substance abuse issues. I wish that wasn't true, but their very limited, shrugging response to his disappearance that is now going on 1 year speaks for itself.

The key here will be that Uber driver. One way or another. We don't even know where Beau was dropped off at. If he lied about taking Beau home, what else did he lie about?
(This is my opinion based on news articles and Beau's mother & fiance)

THIS^^^^

JMVHO.

Did LE say the Uber driver lied, or did the PI *say* LE said the Uber driver lied? The PI is sketchy at best, and I think a huge part of the messiness of the “facts”.
The mom got her info from both PI and police and she said the Uber driver lied. She watched the surveillance footage of Beau's apartment herself. Uber driver never brought him back to his place despite stating he did so.

The mom got her info from both PI and police and she said the Uber driver lied. She watched the surveillance footage of Beau's apartment herself. Uber driver never brought him back to his place despite stating he did so.

The Uber driver dropped him off in an area that has an apartment complex, so I wonder if he assumed that was beaus apartment. Otherwise how would he know beaus apartment? According to the find beau page, he took like 3 Lyfts before the Uber, and was picked up in an area that wasn’t his apartment. So the Uber driver wouldn’t know beaus apartment.

The Uber driver dropped him off in an area that has an apartment complex, so I wonder if he assumed that was beaus apartment. Otherwise how would he know beaus apartment? According to the find beau page, he took like 3 Lyfts before the Uber, and was picked up in an area that wasn’t his apartment. So the Uber driver wouldn’t know beaus apartment.
The drop off destination was changed in route (from originally being his apartment) to the SM location. Anyone with access to his phone could have gone on the uber app and changed the destination. Also, Beau walked from his apartment to the bank and a coffee shop nearby and got the uber from there, when leaving for the day.

My guess is the uber driver didn't say "I dropped him off at his apartment". He likely gave the address that he dropped him off at, which was Beau's apartment. Why would he give Beau's apartment address, when the uber records clearly show a different address and he could have looked at the records himself. That sounds fishy to me.

What motive does a random Uber driver have to kill Beau? We saw a video that Beau posted where he seemed very out of it, and IIRC he may have recently relapsed. Also, Didn’t he and his SO break up right before he disappeared? I personally would think he relapsed before I would accuse an Uber driver who seemingly had no motive. IME (losing a sister to addiction) and IMO, I think Uber is a red herring. Jmo jme and not trying to be insensitive. My sister died of a drug overdose last year, and pretty much everyone except me is in denial, regardless of the nurse flat out telling me what was in her system. So I understand where his loved ones are coming from, but I guess I can also put myself in the Uber drivers shoes.
Hi, I'm so sorry about your sister. I've been sober for two years now, such a precious thing, so I completely get both the hell of addiction and the impact it has on loved ones. All the best to you and your family.

In Beau's case, I've sadly reached the conclusion that he must be gone. I'd love to be wrong about that, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. As to the why and the how, I'm keeping all options open. This is such a puzzling case. I just hope for the sake of his loved one that he is found soon.

MOO as always!

This is my first WS post, so forgive me if this doesn’t add much to the conversation…

Have Beau’s finances been discussed? I believe his mother had stated that he had only recently started taking a salary. And it sounds like he sent BB several hundred dollars. For what? A loan? A debt? Was BB purchasing something for him?

The laptops still strike me as odd. Why carry two to work in a coffee shop? In an early post, I believe someone mentioned a pawn shop located near the 7-11. If money was tight for Beau, especially during a relapse, is it possible he intended to pawn one? Or meet up with a dealer and trade/sell one?

Could the Uber driver, while waiting for Beau to enter the van, have seen him fumbling with the open backpack — and the two laptops inside?

Or maybe someone else saw, and — perhaps noting that Beau was in a mental state that made him a vulnerable target — followed the Uber, waiting for Beau to get dropped off?

If Beau had a medical emergency in the Uber, could the driver have seen an opportunity to rob him? Used Beau’s phone to reroute, buying time to leave Beau somewhere, or meet up with someone else who could do it for him?

Maybe all a stretch. Or maybe a potential motive for the driver, who perhaps got in over his head, and was then lucky that LE took so long to look into him?

I presume the laptops have not been able to be traced?

Another thought.

I’m not too familiar with the complexities of cell phone forensics. Beau’s cell is missing and was presumably turned off.

If Beau had decided to reroute to a friend’s house, I’d think he would have texted the friend to let them know, or have received an invitation from someone. From my understanding, no one has mentioned receiving any communication from him besides that Uber 911 message.

Perhaps Beau was afraid for his safety in the Uber, whether real or imagined. Maybe he was worried about his mental state and didn’t want to be alone. Maybe he thought he was being followed. Maybe he felt threatened by the driver and didn’t want him to know where he lived.

Of course it seems unlikely that he would be scared enough to send a 911 message and then shut his own phone off.

I imagine it takes time to subpoena cell phone records, but hopefully an attempt has been made.

(Note: I’ve now scratched my theory about the driver using Beau’s phone to reroute; based on Jason’s FB timeline, it appears Beau rerouted BEFORE their 7-11 stop.)

Last edited:
Since it seems majority of people here think the Uber driver killed Beau. What motive did the Uber driver have to kill a random adult male?

Does no one else think the 3 Lyfts he took earlier in the day is an odd piece of the puzzle? That’s quite a few ride shares to take in one morning.

Hi, I'm so sorry about your sister. I've been sober for two years now, such a precious thing, so I completely get both the hell of addiction and the impact it has on loved ones. All the best to you and your family.

In Beau's case, I've sadly reached the conclusion that he must be gone. I'd love to be wrong about that, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. As to the why and the how, I'm keeping all options open. This is such a puzzling case. I just hope for the sake of his loved one that he is found soon.

MOO as always!

I’m just an internet stranger, but I’m very proud of you. ❤️

Since it seems majority of people here think the Uber driver killed Beau. What motive did the Uber driver have to kill a random adult male?

Does no one else think the 3 Lyfts he took earlier in the day is an odd piece of the puzzle? That’s quite a few ride shares to take in one morning.
The driver spent a week cleaning out his van and didn't take any rides for a week after Beau. It's weird. I don't know what else to go on, frankly, as these are the weird parts that stick out the most to me (and to his family).

The driver spent a week cleaning out his van and didn't take any rides for a week after Beau. It's weird. I don't know what else to go on, frankly, as these are the weird parts that stick out the most to me (and to his family).

Again, did LE state this, or did the PI? Because the PI is known to be sketchy and questionable.

Robbery, or an altercation during the ride that got out of hand.

The fiancé said the phone was turned off “immediately” after the 911 message. Can they tell how long “immediately” means? If it was seconds later, driver would be my #1 person of interest. But if it could’ve been 10+ minutes after, I’d be taking a harder look at the person he was supposedly meeting after the ride.

And can they even tell that the phone was intentionally turned off, and not that it just died?

There’s the possibility that someone else joined the ride. But would Uber have record of that? And if the driver were innocent, you’d think he’d remember an altercation between two riders during his last ride.

Also, I’ve read on the FB page that Beau had not only two laptops but also two cell phones and an iPad.

THIS strikes me as odd. Where was he going with so many devices, and why? NONE of the five devices can be traced to a last known location?

My guess is the uber driver didn't say "I dropped him off at his apartment". He likely gave the address that he dropped him off at, which was Beau's apartment. Why would he give Beau's apartment address, when the uber records clearly show a different address and he could have looked at the records himself. That sounds fishy to me.

I haven't ridden in Uber for a while, so things may be different, but...

As I understand it, when the rider requests a ride, all he/she gives is the address. The driver decides to take it (first one to take it). That address could be anyone - home, friend, family. As you said, normally if LE or someone else were to ask, I would probably look up the app history and tell them the address.

Unless the driver or rider were chatty. Maybe if they were chatting, and Beau said he was heading 'home' (as opposed to 'meeting a friend'), then I could imagine the Uber driver instead saying, "Yeah, I dropped him off at his place."

Again, things have been so unclear that I hesitate to say anything with certainty, not even to say "I'm # percent sure" of one idea or another.

I haven't ridden in Uber for a while, so things may be different, but...

As I understand it, when the rider requests a ride, all he/she gives is the address. The driver decides to take it (first one to take it). That address could be anyone - home, friend, family. As you said, normally if LE or someone else were to ask, I would probably look up the app history and tell them the address.

Unless the driver or rider were chatty. Maybe if they were chatting, and Beau said he was heading 'home' (as opposed to 'meeting a friend'), then I could imagine the Uber driver instead saying, "Yeah, I dropped him off at his place."

Again, things have been so unclear that I hesitate to say anything with certainty, not even to say "I'm # percent sure" of one idea or another.
I don't think anyone is clear about one idea or another. And I don't know if we'll ever know what happened to him sadly.

I can follow the logic behind why so many people in the throws of opiate addiction go missing… drug debts, overdoses someone feels the need to conceal…. But why is it that they’re often never found? I find myself silently asking that a lot in reading about missing persons cases where opiates are a factor.

That being said, I have no opinion on whether or not Beau may have been in active addiction. Whether he was or he wasn’t, it still doesn’t explain why the 911 feature was utilized and why there is no footage of him being dropped off where he reportedly was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back