Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

Since it seems majority of people here think the Uber driver killed Beau. What motive did the Uber driver have to kill a random adult male?

Does no one else think the 3 Lyfts he took earlier in the day is an odd piece of the puzzle? That’s quite a few ride shares to take in one morning.

Jmo the text to 911 saying he was in a gray uber is sketchy... something was happening during that ride for him to do that. And then immediately not respond when LE tried to reach him?

Also if what people are saying is correct - and he used the Uber specific emergency feature that notifies the driver that the passenger is calling for help, you'd think the driver would remember that... even if it was a month earlier when the incident happened and he had given many rides since then, I feel like that situation would stick out. Imo.

It's unfortunate that it seems LE didn't really do anything for so long - they had the name and contact info for the last KNOWN person to see Beau, and the vehicle he was in. The driver could have at least been ruled out. Grown adults disappear all the time, often of their own accord - but this is different. He was contacting 911 for help. He didn't want to disappear, and something happened either during that Uber ride or very soon after.

This case is just so strange and I have no clue, but I really hope that Beau's loved ones get some answers soon. Hopefully now things will move forward since LAPD is at least bringing some awareness to this case.

All JMO

While disoriented, tried to text 911 instead of call?
Even if disoriented, I’d think he’d be savvy enough to notice the difference between texting 911 and using the Uber feature, seeing that his own app also has a feature for reaching out in an emergency.

I’ve wondered if perhaps there was no emergency in the car at all…that he noticed the 911 feature while using the Uber app during his ride, and was simply messing around with it to see how it compared with his Burning Desire feature. Maybe he wasn’t expecting it to go so far as to actually contact 911, or maybe that explains why he didn’t answer when 911 replied.

But I’m not familiar enough with either feature — his Sober Grid app reaches out to the “sober community,” and Uber contacts LE. VERY different objectives. But maybe the functions/user interfaces share similarities?

Regardless, it doesn’t explain why the phone was suddenly turned off after.

Even if disoriented, I’d think he’d be savvy enough to notice the difference between texting 911 and using the Uber feature, seeing that his own app also has a feature for reaching out in an emergency.

I’ve wondered if perhaps there was no emergency in the car at all…that he noticed the 911 feature while using the Uber app during his ride, and was simply messing around with it to see how it compared with his Burning Desire feature. Maybe he wasn’t expecting it to go so far as to actually contact 911, or maybe that explains why he didn’t answer when 911 replied.

But I’m not familiar enough with either feature — his Sober Grid app reaches out to the “sober community,” and Uber contacts LE. VERY different objectives. But maybe the functions/user interfaces share similarities?

Regardless, it doesn’t explain why the phone was suddenly turned off after.
I have seen very intoxicated and drugged people do strange things, like trying to call 911 with the calculator on their phones...

ADMIN REMINDERS:

If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to substantiate.

Sleuthing the social media of family or friends is not allowed.

The thing that confuses me is the bag of ice. I used to live in Burbank and worked in Santa Monica (on the 3rd St Promenade). On an average day it takes roughly 45 mins to an hour + to make that commute. Anyone who lives there knows this. During Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day weeks I would have to go in around 3/4am — if I hit every green light it would take ~25 mins. My point is, even off-peak, one wouldn’t reasonably buy a bag of ice knowing they would be making that trip — there are plenty 7-Elevens/Gas Stations/ supermarkets along the way.

<modsnip - sleuthing a person not named POI by LE>

I understand there are other potential suspects, but I find it incredibly hard to believe [the Uber driver] allegedly doesn’t remember the (possibly relapsing) gay dude who added, at minimum, 20 extra minutes to his route just before the start of rush hour and then triggered the emergency services all while accumulating a puddle in one of his passenger seats?

On a side note, the 3rd Street Promenade/Santa Monica Pier is well known for its transient population — some are really noticeable, others not so much, but it’s typically the same faces. If you asked around that area and no one saw him, I truly believe it.

My first MOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that confuses me is the bag of ice. I used to live in Burbank and worked in Santa Monica (on the 3rd St Promenade). On an average day it takes roughly 45 mins to an hour + to make that commute. Anyone who lives there knows this. During Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day weeks I would have to go in around 3/4am — if I hit every green light it would take ~25 mins. My point is, even off-peak, one wouldn’t reasonably buy a bag of ice knowing they would be making that trip — there are plenty 7-Elevens/Gas Stations/ supermarkets along the way.

<modsnip - sleuthing a person not named POI by LE>

I understand there are other potential suspects, but I find it incredibly hard to believe [the Uber driver] allegedly doesn’t remember the (possibly relapsing) gay dude who added, at minimum, 20 extra minutes to his route just before the start of rush hour and then triggered the emergency services all while accumulating a puddle in one of his passenger seats?

On a side note, the 3rd Street Promenade/Santa Monica Pier is well known for its transient population — some are really noticeable, others not so much, but it’s typically the same faces. If you asked around that area and no one saw him, I truly believe it.

My first MOO!
My understanding is he loved ice and his icemaker at home was not working. That makes me think he had every intention of going straight home with that bag of ice. What happened enroute that changed the destination location?
And you are right, that could be a long drive in L.A. traffic. According to uber records they made it from 7-11 in Studio City to drop-off in SM in 25 minutes.

The laptops still strike me as odd. Why carry two to work in a coffee shop? In an early post, I believe someone mentioned a pawn shop located near the 7-11. If money was tight for Beau, especially during a relapse, is it possible he intended to pawn one? Or meet up with a dealer and trade/sell one?

Could the Uber driver, while waiting for Beau to enter the van, have seen him fumbling with the open backpack — and the two laptops inside?

Or maybe someone else saw, and — perhaps noting that Beau was in a mental state that made him a vulnerable target — followed the Uber, waiting for Beau to get dropped off?

Another MOO from my 11+ years experience in Santa Monica start-ups: Multiple laptops for a tech entrepreneur wouldn’t be too out of the ordinary — I’ve personally seen plenty of them with several computers/phones — with 1 business and 1 personal, and/or using different devices to monitor their platform across different operating systems (ie, a Mac (Safari, Apple Store) and a PC (IE, Windows Store), etc) — especially in the early funding phases where you would want to quickly fix bugs/issues, especially when potential investors could be scouting your business/product.

I’m not trying to say that’s definitely the case here, but it’s just not unusual for the area.

Another MOO from my 11+ years experience in Santa Monica start-ups: Multiple laptops for a tech entrepreneur wouldn’t be too out of the ordinary — I’ve personally seen plenty of them with several computers/phones — with 1 business and 1 personal, and/or using different devices to monitor their platform across different operating systems (ie, a Mac (Safari, Apple Store) and a PC (IE, Windows Store), etc) — especially in the early funding phases where you would want to quickly fix bugs/issues, especially when potential investors could be scouting your business/product.

I’m not trying to say that’s definitely the case here, but it’s just not unusual for the area.
His fiancé did say that he almost always took his 2 laptops wherever he went. One business/one personal. So, this was not unusual for him.

Man, it certainly seems unusual to me where I’m from, which is the startup capital of the country.

Everyone I know in tech works on all those devices from home — and if they DO need to take them somewhere, they’ll drive, not carry them all around in a backpack. Especially a backpack that might be a bit flimsy, since we saw he was fumbling around with it. His backpack looked pretty overly stuffed to me. (Although, in retrospect, SF might be an exception to this, as many people there take public transportation.)

But maybe the fact that we drive our devices everywhere is the reason we’re also the car-break-in capital of the country.

Do we know if he was working from the coffee shop or just stopping in to grab a coffee?

Man, it certainly seems unusual to me where I’m from, which is the startup capital of the country.

Everyone I know in tech works on all those devices from home — and if they DO need to take them somewhere, they’ll drive, not carry them all around in a backpack. Especially a backpack that might be a bit flimsy, since we saw he was fumbling around with it. His backpack looked pretty overly stuffed to me. (Although, in retrospect, SF might be an exception to this, as many people there take public transportation.)

But maybe the fact that we drive our devices everywhere is the reason we’re also the car-break-in capital of the country.

Do we know if he was working from the coffee shop or just stopping in to grab a coffee?
My understanding is that he typically drove, but his car wasn’t working that day so he relied on ride services to get from here to there — so the flimsy, overstuffed backpack makes sense because (I believe) he would have been used to having everything in his car, so a backpack would typically be sufficient.

My understanding is that he typically drove, but his car wasn’t working that day so he relied on ride services to get from here to there — so the flimsy, overstuffed backpack makes sense because (I believe) he would have been used to having everything in his car, so a backpack would typically be sufficient.
All of that adds up, thank you!

Beau has been missing since 11/30/21. His last contact before his phone was turned off was contacting 911 at 2:15 pm through the emergency alert system within the Uber app in a ride he was taking from Studio City, LA to Santa Monica. The driver denies remembering him. If anyone knows anything please contact LA Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS or call Joe 818-740-2664. Any information leading to the recovery of Beau is being offered a 5k reward. Please share far and wide
1668234740279.png
1668234762179.png
tagged from the public page officially ran by Beau's mom - Help Find Beau Mann

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member