Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, It was designed to have water go down it. The park sits high up. If I had to guess, the pipe was checked because water wasn't draining.

Thanks so much for the video. That must have been difficult walking through there. Do you think LE said he was found in the brush as not to give specifics?

I am really shaken up after being there today. I don't believe in psychic powers or ghosts or anything of the sort, but I had an uncomfortable eerie feeling in that corner of the park. The rest of the park looks undisturbed except for obvious tire tracks after the rain. Here is video from standing on the basketball court https://youtu.be/KJlgd-GWzbo

In all seriousness, burnout and PTSD happens a lot with emergency responders, health care workers, and anyone who witnesses violence against people and animals. It's hard to step away, but do something for yourself tonight that will restore your sense of self and hold your loved ones close.

I am really shaken up after being there today. I don't believe in psychic powers or ghosts or anything of the sort, but I had an uncomfortable eerie feeling in that corner of the park. The rest of the park looks undisturbed except for obvious tire tracks after the rain. Here is video from standing on the basketball court https://youtu.be/KJlgd-GWzbo

SoCalRes... I am sorry you are shaken up, rightfully so. We are here for you!! I don't have the right words to say but want you to know your video and voice for Blaze are appreciated! You went above and beyond.

Can someone clarify this for me, please? I have never used Tumblr -not sure about its spelling either- and I wonder if the messages with green lettering -those with a username at the top- were actual interactions between the Tumblr account owner, in this case BB, and somebody else or these were taken from other accounts (as a person would do with memes etc).

Hope I have explained myself in a way it is understood. All the data has suddenly disappeared from the account or is it just a problem with my computer?

Thank you.
That's how things that are reblogged (shared from another account onto his blog) with added captions/comments show up. His tumblr theme is kind of poorly made, usually users fool around with the coding to better personalize them for their own use and that causes them to slow down. His tumblr will not prove useful, most of the posts are older. Also, anything angsty is most likely not indicative of him as a person, usually when I was feeling REALLY low tumblr was the only place I felt comfortable posting.
Hope this helps! Let me know if there's any other ~millennial~ questions

Its a drainage pipe for irrigation and around 4 feet deep. He wouldn't have been concealed in it...

I'm curious if it's dark or lit up around that drain pipe at night by any kind of light. If not that's very creepy. Did you see any dragging prints? I suppose if there was those might had been watered down since he was killed.

Oh SoCal. Thanks so much for checking it out and posting the videos. They are very helpful.

I know that feeling you described, and have experienced it myself. Please take some time for yourself this evening. Treat yourself to something special - meditate, take a bath, eat ice cream, - whatever you do to make yourself feel grounded. Hugs

Thank you so much for doing that. It must be really disturbing to be there where that beautiful young man was killed.

No, It was designed to have water go down it. The park sits high up. If I had to guess, the pipe was checked because water wasn't draining.

Ugh. Oh how horrible. That's a very smart thought.

I said drainage ditch, but it is a pipe. A vertical pipe. I didn't get any closer than you see in the video. Mud was really deep. This is where all the water in the park would flow DOWN to lower areas. I'm not an engineer, but water wouldn't come out of that pipe. My guess is it was checked because water wasn't going down and the area around it flooded. I hope that clears it up.

Actually if a person was a frequent visitor of the park and an explorer that pipe would be pretty noticeable to spot especially in the summer when all the foliage and bushes are dead and dry. I could see even teenagers that hang out in the park because they're bored knowing where that was. It's amazing all the places they go to explore. Also if you met up with someone at the tables and needed a little privacy that would be the perfect place.

Seriously, why is that drainage pipe not put back together securely? In a public park?

1) It does not look safe!

2) It gives the impression of a lack of respect for the scene!

sorry, I mean that I thought it was the type of pipe you can walk into. If that makes sense?

Gotcha. Like a culvert? (I only know what that is from following the Cheryl DeBoer case!)

So do you think he fit in ditch and when it rained he flowed out? LE kept saying he was found in the brush but maybe he flowed out into the brush. Lots of people died yesterday LA and Santa Barbara County line due to the flash floods.

It was a miracle it finally rained in So Ca because it helped his family have closure to this case.

One thing I noticed in SOCARES excellent video was the big black tarp/plastic piece lying near the "crime scene." I would think something like that would have been removed in case there may have been some evidence on it? JMO MOO

From what I can tell, Blaze was a great kid. I don't believe that he was a drug user just because he made jokes about it. It's a generational thing, trust me. Seeing this happen has made me reach out to all my gay/bi men friends, and reminding them to be safe. As a young LGBT person, this kind of thing breaks my heart. All too common. Please protect the young MLM's in your life <3

He was a great kid, and he would be even if he used marijuana. And just because he joked about 420 and very occasionally had an alcoholic beverage wouldn't take anything away from him also being hugely talented and an expressive soul. I think the reaction is more that every media outlet carried quotes about how Blaze was zero-tolerance on drugs and alcohol, and it was a disconnect with observations. Maybe it's just another way he expressed himself away from his family since teens try new things and new identities and sometimes need a bit of distance from their parents to find what works for them. MOO.

No yellow tape so I'm assuming no longer a crime scene. They must have all the evidence they need there.

Thank you SoCalRes for the video! Very valuable for us non-locals.

So now I'm wondering, aren't gonna go in there with cameras or whatnot to find potential more evidence? His phone, murder weapon etc, if applicable?

I was also thinking about why they didn't announce yesterday that they had found a body. That's how it's usually done, isn't it. Speculating that they kept the discovery hush to secure a search warrant for that house in NB before announcing it publicly so their suspect doesn't bolt.

Question: is it at all possible that the cover of the drainage was off for some reason and Blaze fell in there while running in the dark (or semi-dark, since it was a full moon), and wasn't able to get back out?

He was a great kid, and he would be even if he used marijuana. And just because he joked about 420 and very occasionally had an alcoholic beverage wouldn't take anything away from him also being hugely talented and an expressive soul. I think the reaction is more that every media outlet carried quotes about how Blaze was zero-tolerance on drugs and alcohol, and it was a disconnect with observations. Maybe it's just another way he expressed himself away from his family since teens try new things and new identities and sometimes need a bit of distance from their parents to find what works for them. MOO.
Don't worry! I'm a great kid too and I probably have a little TOO much experience in that department! completely seperate from my other statement, sorry if that wasn't clear!

I'm so sorry Blaze is dead, apparently due to homicide. Whatever happened -- whether and how it involved that drainage pipe or something else -- I hope he died quickly.

I wonder whether he or an assailant sent that text at 11:30pm, the one that later caused concern. For him to have sent it, he would have to have been still alive yet probably under threat or injured. In that case, because he was apparently using a phone borrowed from a relative, I wonder whether he (a) had imported his contacts or (b) remembered the number of the friend he texted, implying it was someone who he knew well. (He might've texted that person precisely because it was someone whose number he remembered.) Unless of course that person's number was also in his relative's phone.

If an assailant sent the text, the assailant would have had to know the number of the friend, unless again the number happened to be in Blaze's relative's phone. Perhaps it was a mutual friend?

One thing I noticed in SOCARES excellent video was the big black tarp/plastic piece lying near the "crime scene." I would think something like that would have been removed in case there may have been some evidence on it? JMO MOO
I noticed that too. It looked like the brush behind her there was a blue tarp. Homeless? I kind of felt a bit worried when she was filming, perhaps that was the eerie feeling she felt. Seems like someone could hide there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member