Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok thanks. So it's ok to post as long as I put the link to the reporters twitter page?

I posted it for you, it does need to be cropped to not include his siblings. If this is the picture you were referring to. But yes, you just need to provide the media link to it.
(If you cropped it when initially posted I apologize just didn't want someone else who didn't know the rules to post it uncropped.)

692mmo.jpg

https://twitter.com/CBSmichelegile

he's got a rental car and camping stuff.......did he think they were going on a trip?? they had a bad scuffle... how horrific....he could have taken the body with him and dumped it far away..was not planning ahead... may store in plastic tub.
so sorry .. too selfish of me to postulate on such a horrible loss for a wonderful family........... excuse me...

On another note,

What do you folks think about forensic evidence? Been about a week with some bad rainstorms in SoCal, so any other evidence besides the body would be likely long gone at this point.

Hopefully there is enough forensic evidence in the rental car to make the case...

I wonder if the "girlfriend" exists, she could be a "cash only" kind of girlfriend.

Probably doubtful, but if a guy had just murdered someone, I could see it, especially if the murder had a sexual component. She wouldn't be super excited to be involved.

I was thinking, moo, he was strangled. Seeing as the nb driver (won't call him hs friend) had scratches and abrasions on his hands poor Blaze probably tried to pry him off him. Devasted.

Was he strangled with the belt? :(

i was thinking the same thing. I wonder what was up with the camping equipment, too. Strange to have that and hiking gear in a rental car, along with an empty container and a belt.

Just can’t get past this one. ‘She’s my GF, I drove to her house to be with her, but don’t know where she lives...or her last name’ (my paraphrase version)

This sounds like something that would occur in a drunken stupor.

The post on Tumblr is grievous

In my lifetime, I have heard some crazy tales, but this one takes the cake for worst lie ever.

Hopefully there is enough forensic evidence in the rental car to make the case...

I want to know, if the friend is Blaze's age, what rental car place rented to him??? Usually it's over 25 to rent, with some places charging a fortune to rent to you if you're 21. I've never seen any place in Cali that will rent to an 18-19 year old (even as just an additional driver)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to know, if the friend is Blaze's age, what rental car place rented to him??? Usually it's over 25 to rent, with some places charging a fortune to rent to you if you're 21. I've never seen any place in Cali that will rent to an 18-19 year old (even as just an additional driver)

Assuming he could have been home on break and his parents got him a rental

FYI- The OCSD does allow you to request an arrest log for specific dates you just give them your email address and they send it. If I remember correctly it does give a reason for arrest (ie.domestic dispute) so if they have arrested someone you might be able to determine who it is based on crime discription. I have never requested one for the current day so I don’t know how long it takes to receive them in that case, but they are usually pretty quick (within a few hours) on sending logs from past dates. This may be unnessarary though because I’m sure LE will release this info very quickly after the arrest and I’m sure there are news reporters with an inside track too.

Once you have a name you can follow them through the jail system pretty easily.

But if they were indeed suspicious of the belt or other items, wouldn't they have seized the car right then to prevent the driver from disposing of something or cleaning the car?

It’s been a sad day! I think I’ll call it a night! RIP Blaze! Prayers to his family.

Assuming he could have been home on break and his parents got him a rental

Ya learn something new every day from Google - evidently both Hertz and Fox Car Rental will rent to 20 year olds........who knew?????

I wonder if the camping equipment was part of a 'plan b' if the "gf" alibi didn't wash and he was preparing to go off the grid as a fugitive?

I don't think it was necessarily premeditated. Returning to the park alone hours later smacks of an attempt to better conceal a body. Anyone born in the last few decades know how pings work and he'd need to concoct a story that would gel with the gps trails. Not well-thought out...seems like panicky after-thought mayhem.

good question. Wonder if it was a loaner from a dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member