Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be a case that someone accidentally killed someone and covered it up, but, I can't recall one. There was one case where a young man overdosed, his friends were also high, and didn't realize the extent of his overdose. They left him alone and he died. Maybe a case of a hit and runs with a coverup. Yet I still think that's the rare instance in a homicide.

In my experience with sleuthing the ridiculous amount of these awful cases, the people who cover up, have done a crime to cover up.

This seems premeditated to me somehow. It may be possible that it was not just an adhoc meeting arranged at the last minute and that Blaze may have been expecting to meet with friends that night but had no idea what it involved.

It's seem possible to me that he was lured into a situation over some time during the holidays that he was obviously not at all expecting. Blaze may have lowered his guard with somebody he thought he could trust, who led him to the "senseless and tragic" death his mom describes at the vigil. It's quite normal for returning college students to get together with old friends during holidays after a night with family.

Sharing your thoughts, Oathkeepings, doesn't need to be a contentious matter using other sleuthers ideas as foils for an argument. AnaPisces said she wasn't referring to your comments. Please be respectful of her and all your fellow sleuthers as you continue to share your thoughts. We're not social media bobo dolls for misplaced angers and frustrations here.

Everyone reacts differently to a situation. If someone does something on accident, they'll either call for help/tell someone, or they'll cover it up to try and make it look like it didn't happen or that they didn't do it, because they didn't mean to.

Either way, a smart, beautiful human being died... and someone should and will be held accountable for it, whether it was an accident or not.

I understand exactly what you are saying... whether that is the case here, we will just have to wait and see. In all walks of life, there are people who own up to what they do and those who always go for the cover-up, even if they never intended to do whatever created the need for a cover up in the first place. The responses tend to come across as someone who is panicking rather than someone who has planned this out. Although stupidity could play a big part in it too, whatever it is, he certainly showed that he doesn't have the ability to think particularly well under pressure ... hopefully we will have some idea soon

Hundreds Turn Out for Blaze, Seek Justice For Ivy Leaguer
A week following his disappearance from Foothill Ranch Area Park, Blaze Bernstein Confirmed Deceased by OCSD; Nation In Mourning
By Amy R. Spurgeon-Hoffman, Patch Staff
https://patch.com/california/lakefo...-out-blaze-bernstein-seek-justice-ivy-leaguer
Report includes images from the vigil and how Blaze is being mourned through tradition and with love by his family, friends and community .

I believe that BB had history w Poi, and maybe a relationship that freaked him out. The attempt to say he had a girlfriend is key. I would add possibly homophobic, and even regretted possible intimacy. I expect hate crime charges as well as Murder in the first degree. This man has no conscience, all the while knowing he was dead and he hindered the recovery of said victim Imo. There is no reason to cover hands at the police dept...leaving prints there matters not. I need to hear of an arrest ASAP. I didn't sleep well at all.

Maybe “friend” parked his car in the neighborhood nearby, got the rental, did the deed and planned to return the rental and eventually get back to his car but lost his keys in the midst of everything and that’s why it was never moved or reported stolen. Anyone know if the car is still there or what ever happened to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How could that guy rent a car? He must also be about 19, don't you have to be older?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This seems premeditated to me somehow. It may be possible that it was not just an adhoc meeting arranged at the last minute and that Blaze may have been expecting to meet with friends that night but had no idea what it involved.

It's seem possible to me that he was lured into a situation over some time during the holidays that he was obviously not at all expecting. Blaze may have lowered his guard with somebody he thought he could trust, who led him to the "senseless and tragic" death his mom describes at the vigil. It's quite normal for returning college students to get together with old friends during holidays after a night with family.

Sharing your thoughts, Oathkeepings, doesn't need to be a contentious matter using other sleuthers ideas as foils for an argument. AnaPisces said she wasn't referring to your comments. Please be respectful of her and all your fellow sleuthers as you continue to share your thoughts. We're not social media bobo dolls for misplaced angers and frustrations here.

Thank you, FindHG. I appreciate this.

I too believe that "lured" is the correct way to explain this (imo). Especially since there are no records of the conversation that was supposedly had between Blaze and the "friend". Maybe I'm wrong, I just think this was premeditated and the "friend" knew what would be happening to Blaze that night.

Thank you, FindHG. I appreciate this.

I too believe that "lured" is the correct way to explain this (imo). Especially since there are no records of the conversation that was supposedly had between Blaze and the "friend". Maybe I'm wrong, I just think this was premeditated and the "friend" knew what would be happening to Blaze that night.

Where Blaze was found says a lot to me, though I may be wrong. It does not seem at all like an accident for him to be found by that field where kids play. I get this in your faces emotion of sorts being expressed through the crime and the placement. A bringing down of Blaze and other kids who may have played on that field, who knows? A crime intended for an audience of sorts in the perp's mind on some level, it seems possible. That would have included forethought and some level of planning it seems to me, to begin with, not a last minute choice after an accident. And the forethought to keep their contact undetectable, thus the nature of the luring a mystery, as you point out AnaPisces, seems completely possible as a perp's forethought as well.

The perp/s would have had all the time in world to take and place Blaze where he would have been harder to find, it seems, based on when Blaze left home as reported and when his phone was turned off. So, why choose there? It all seems so staged to me, from the start, based on everything reported about the driver's accounts in MSM, and now especially based on where he was found.

Hoping for a better day today. Yesterday was rough, once the announcement was made I went numb the rest of the day.

:grouphug:

How could that guy rent a car? He must also be about 19, don't you have to be older?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There are SOME rental companies that will rent to 18 or 19-24 year olds. I forget which companies, but I know for a fact because my daughter was out of state at college when her car broke down and needed a rental to get around for a few days. I believe there might have been a extra fee or something, because it was very expensive, I believe they are required to take all of the at fault and liability polices which rack up.

Where Blaze was found says a lot to me, though I may be wrong. It does not seem at all like an accident for him to be found by that field where kids play. I get this in your faces emotion of sorts being expressed through the crime and the placement. A bringing down of Blaze and other kids who may have played on that field, who knows? A crime intended for an audience of sorts in the perp's mind on some level, it seems possible. That would have included forethought and some level of planning it seems to me, to begin with, not a last minute choice after an accident. And the forethought to keep their contact undetectable, thus the nature of the luring a mystery, as you point out AnaPisces, seems completely possible as a perp's forethought as well.

The perp/s would have had all the time in world to take and place Blaze where he would have been harder to find, it seems, based on when Blaze left home as reported and when his phone was turned off. So, why choose there? It all seems so staged to me, from the start, based on everything reported about the driver's accounts in MSM, and now especially based on where he was found.

Yes I couldn't agree with you more.

I imagine that some research into whether SC keeps records of text conversations, will be found. This, along with the location he was found leaves me with a premeditated killing theory. It seems as if perp wanted everyone to think, by leaving Blaze's body there, that he drove him to the park and that was the end of his involvement.

This article and details about the affidavit are quite enlightening and definitely cast more suspicion on the driver/friend.

There was no third person in this scenario.

I doubt that the murderer who picked Blaze up at his home was a "friend". He was probably a total stranger, maybe a distant acquaintance. He killed Blaze because of some compulsion he couldn't control.

He may have thought he was anonymous because of the nature of the app he met Blaze through, but an emergency search warrant of the app's servers (and/or IP address of the ISP) led LE right to the perp's residence, which was searched yesterday.

The "friend"/driver's arrest will follow soon.

(JMO, of course, but honestly...)

Are you referring to the person with over a million dollars bail?
I went through yesterday's records, couldn't access today's, and nothing jumped out at me-do you think there has been an arrest?

If one reads the affidavit it becomes clear that the driver was involved. This is such a sad situation. My heart breaks.

I went through yesterday's records, couldn't access today's, and nothing jumped out at me-do you think there has been an arrest?

I was able to view yesterday and today. Assuming the perp went to school with Blaze, based on birth dates, I only found 4 who fell into the right age bracket, but none of them had bail that was set very high.

It's weird. Clearly the guy thought about not leaving his DNA on doorknobs; he may have concocted his initial story of being at the park around midnight and then coming back later to look for him to account for his (and Blaze's) phone pings and any surveillance video. But he didn't even bother to wash the dirt out from under his nails, nor did he think of a better alibi than a presumably nonexistent "girlfriend" whose name he couldn't remember! Not the brightest bulb in the box.

The first massive mistake this person made was killing Blaze.

The second was talking to the police without a lawyer, which is never a good idea even if you are 100% innocent of any crime.

The third was using his hands to kill or otherwise dispose of Blaze. Experienced homicide detectives will look at the hands or upper extremity of a suspected murderer even before regarding their face as much. There is so much potential evidence there, including dirt or skin under the fingernails, bruises, scratch marks, gunpowder residue, etc. The murderer should have thought ahead to use less permeable (or any) gloves. Of course, if this crime occurred in the spur of the moment, his planning was probably nonexistent.

This "friend's" explanation hailed from hinkyville long before the affidavit was excerpted by the OCR. Looking forward to his arrest.

I was able to view yesterday and today. Assuming the perp went to school with Blaze, based on birth dates, I only found 4 who fell into the right age bracket, but none of them had bail that was set very high.

There was one who's bail was over 1 million dollars. But I don't think it's related because of the city the arrest was made in and the specific police dept.

Looking at the specifics of where and by what PD a high bailed arrest was made yesterday, I do not think an arrest has been made in this case.
But I do think OCSD knows who did this and an arrest will be imminent. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member