CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
PE's user name here at WS is CAExile. I'm having trouble using the member search feature to try and find his posts.

CAExile has not been online since September. 2010. Is this who you were referring to for elder abuse? What is OCCA and can you give me the link?

Last edited:
CAExile is Bob's former neighbor, Paul Estes, whose blog is linked above. He moved across country about a week before Bob went missing. He is verified as a case insider. You can read his comments about Bob at his blog linked above, or try and find his posts.

OCCA is Orange County California. Here is the link for the county court records.
The Superior Court of California - County of Orange

CAExile is Bob's former neighbor, Paul Estes, whose blog is linked above. He moved across country about a week before Bob went missing. He is verified as a case insider. You can read his comments about Bob at his blog linked above, or try and find his posts.

OCCA is Orange County California. Here is the link for the county court records.
Yes, I know all about PE and I have read his posts. I have been following this thread since almost the beginning :). My query was ....are you referring to PE when speaking of elder abuse?

Thanks I found it. 30$ to get the records,

Poor Bob! Everyone seemed to be after his money. I find it quite odd that Fontelle would think that Bob’s money, house etc should be hers. They were married such a short time and were only reunited after many years. How well did Bob really know her? When they did met when they were young....how long was that romance .... not really that long. Why should Fontelle get money etc that Bob and his wife worked hard to achieve?

I found it totally repulsive to read how Fontelle was throwing items out of the house that were Bobs, his late wife’s and possibly other family members. It was up to family members to go through the house contents. Fontelle certainly was not exempt from greed and certainly imo, exempt from suspicion.

Edited to spell Fontelle’s name properly

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I didn't recognize either of the names. :oops:

JMHO, Tarika, you may have missed relevant information in the early threads, JMHO.

JMHO YMMV LRR

So sorry, Mrs. Harrod, for your loss!

For what it's worth, I didn't recognize either of the names. :oops:

JMHO, Tarika, you may have missed relevant information in the early threads, JMHO.

JMHO YMMV LRR

So sorry, Mrs. Harrod, for your loss!
No, I didn’t miss relevant info at the beginning. I started reading at the first thread. :). I pretty well know all the info shared here iirc.

Poor Bob! Everyone seemed to be after his money. I find it quite odd that Fontelle would think that Bob’s money, house etc should be hers. They were married such a short time and were only reunited after many years. How well did Bob really know her? When they did met when they were young....how long was that romance .... not really that long. Why should Fontelle get money etc that Bob and his wife worked hard to achieve?

I found it totally repulsive to read how Fontelle was throwing items out of the house that were Bobs, his late wife’s and possibly other family members. It was up to family members to go through the house contents. Fontelle certainly was not exempt from greed and certainly imo, exempt from suspicion.

Edited to spell Fontelle’s name properly

Well, I'm sure Bob's children would agree with you. : )
If for nothing else, this sad, sad story serves to remind all of us how critically important it is to have our affairs in order, and have proper legal representation to help stave off charlatans. In this case, it's unclear WHO the charlatan(s ) were.
Although, I must say, I am leaning heavily in one direction based on the neighbor's blog I just finished reading.

In certain aspects, this case reminds me a bit of Anna Nicole Smith and her old rich husband "Paw-paw". From the grin on his face in pictures, it certainly seems she made him happy. His son fought her ferociously over "Paw-paw's" estate, and lost. Oddly, both Anna Nicole and the son passed away not too terribly long after that money battle.

Unless someone has been deemed incompetent, they can spend their money as they see fit, and give it to whomever they wish. In this case, Bob chose Fontelle. Was Fontelle opportunistic? Who knows, and it really doesn't matter.

This type of scenario of an old guy threatening his kids inheritance with a new honey is nothing new. However, murder, (as is being speculated), is rarely an outcome; at least that we know of.

Wherever you are Bob, I hope you are at peace.
I hope that the family and Fontelle can come to some rationale settlement, and focus on seeking justice for Bob if they haven't already.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Fontelle didnt get any money, nor did she toss any of his property. Bob's daughters got everything, including Bob's home. His grandson lost the home Bob mortgaged for him because he stopped making the mortgage payments. He returned it so to speak to his two Aunts, the two who hired the PI.

IMO the animosity between Fontellee and his daughters created a huge diversion from the persons responsible, and hopefully since they were detained, it won't be long before they can actually be charged. That animosity did nothing but help the person/s most likely responsible. I hope that elder abusing con artist gets what she deserves and then some soon.

Fontelle didnt get any money, nor did she toss any of his property. Bob's daughters got everything, including Bob's home. His grandson lost the home Bob mortgaged for him because he stopped making the mortgage payments. He returned it so to speak to his two Aunts, the two who hired the PI.

IMO the animosity between Fontellee and his daughters created a huge diversion from the persons responsible, and hopefully since they were detained, it won't be long before they can actually be charged. That animosity did nothing but help the person/s most likely responsible. I hope that elder abusing con artist gets what she deserves and then some soon.

Cubby, did you get this information from court records? If not, how do you know who got what?

Did Bob acknowledge his new wife Fontelle in his will at all? If not, he had an old will, correct?

Maybe it’s my brain tonight, however, as I read one post and think I have it, the next post turns a different corner, and it’s back to rereading the first posts reasoning. :rolleyes:

Cubby, did you get this information from court records? If not, how do you know who got what?

Did Bob acknowledge his new wife Fontelle in his will at all? If not, he had an old will, correct?

Maybe it’s my brain tonight, however, as I read one post and think I have it, the next post turns a different corner, and it’s back to rereading the first posts reasoning. :rolleyes:

We're still waiting for arrests....

Upthread, you'll read that few years before Bob disappeared, someone a Daughter knew needed a kidney transplant. That Daughter created a PR program that raised enough money to cover all of this person's expenses for the transplant. All! A huge effort over months, such a media reach, such a gift for the transplant recipient!

Say, @1&2&3, can you find any indication at all that any of Bob's daughters searched for him, or organized a search for him, or helped out during an organized search for him?

IIRC, Bob told his family of his intent to add his legal wife Fontelle to his will.

The next day, son-in-law was the last person to see him.

During a deposition, Grandson stopped talking and asked for a lawyer.

If MY Dad disappears, I'll be on here with one post setting you all in motion and then I'm off to look personally, and to make sandwiches & bakes cookies for professional searchers. Many of you will hear me hollering.

JMHO YMMV

Bob & Fontelle, wishing you the best!

There wasn't a will so to speak, it was the family trust. Bob's daughters interchanged the use of the words trust and will. There were several court docs added within WS years ago.

Sadly, I think the perfect storm erupted creating chaos between Bob's daughters and Fontelle, which allowed a non family member to play off of that and slide off the radar until the most recent msm this past April.

I just hope an arrest is imminent.

Name search is no longer free on the OCCA court records search, however, it's still free to search by case number.

One of the persons mentioned in MSM as an associate of Bob's was charged with elder abuse shortly after Bob's disappearance. Here is the case number for those who wish to view it. I didn't pay for the full details, maybe someone else will? Anyhoo, it's pretty clear this person has preyed on at least two elderly men.
11FL000069

Interesting that this person also appears to have been going through a divorce that started in 2018. Maybe the two arrests were to see if one would turn on the other?

Interesting that this person also appears to have been going through a divorce that started in 2018. Maybe the two arrests were to see if one would turn on the other?

I thought the exact same thing regarding the divorce.

Another thought, it now makes sense to me why the timeline was never clarified. I imagine if it had been, it would give the person responsible too much time to come up with an explanation......

Just like LE stated when Bob first went missing, they are keeping phone records close to the vest, it's clear to me why they are keeping the details of the timeline close.

It does expand that two hour window......at least when it comes to the distance Bob might be located.

Sadly, I think the perfect storm erupted creating chaos between Bob's daughters and Fontelle, which allowed a non family member to play off of that and slide off the radar until the most recent msm this past April.********************

So Cubby, are you saying that perhaps Bob's killer may have done this dirty deed without Bob's daughter's knowing? Just his own doing...and it wasn't planned with his wife(bob's daughter)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther