CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isnt nearly enough to charge anyone. Do you think it is?

Depends on what the charges are, Bob's case is currently being investigated as a homicide. LE may decide at some point to pursue a different avenue if they don't believe murder charges would stick. After ten years, they may decide something sticking is better than nothing

Depends on what the charges are, Bob's case is currently being investigated as a homicide. LE may decide at some point to pursue a different avenue if they don't believe murder charges would stick. After ten years, they may decide something sticking is better than nothing
Also, charging one of the players might be all it takes to get them to squeal on the others. jmho

Hey, could we pool our allowance money & file a Wrongful Death suit on behalf of Mrs. Harrod and Truth???

JMHO YMMV etc
I wonder how the estate could have been settled, with this being an open homicide case. The courts don't take into consideration that possibly money was a motivation for Robert's death? This really pokes at me. For me, this crime didn't necessarily occur within the timeline we're being given.

Edit: spelling

I wonder how the estate could have been settled, with this being an open homicide case. The courts don't take into consideration that possibly money was a motivation for Robert's death? This really pokes at me. For me, this crime didn't necessarily occur within the timeline we're being given.

Edit: spelling

Civil court & criminal court are two different things.

IIRC, everything, everything, was in a trust of some sort. The moment a court declares Mr. Harrod deceased, that 'everything' belongs to those for whom it was held in trust.

Ironic how we seem to be interested in Mr. & Mrs. Harrod -- while others are interested in $$$$.

Difficult, JMHO, YMMV, to refer to some individuals as daughters....

Civil court & criminal court are two different things.

IIRC, everything, everything, was in a trust of some sort. The moment a court declares Mr. Harrod deceased, that 'everything' belongs to those for whom it was held in trust.

Ironic how we seem to be interested in Mr. & Mrs. Harrod -- while others are interested in $$$$.

Difficult, JMHO, YMMV, to refer to some individuals as daughters....

Yes, it was all in a trust, and so when your father goes missing, and a fight over monies occurred the evening before he goes missing, the innocent person fights to keep the trust intact, until the father is found, and the reason he was missing. Anyway, that's what I'd have done. No matter how much I love my family, I would be bothered by the chain of events.

Redirect Notice

Have you guys seen this? I am hoping they’re close to solving this!!

Finally some action!

Investigators citing an ongoing homicide investigation withheld the identities of two Placentia residents who were arrested and later released in connection to the 2009 disappearance of a local millionaire, officials said Tuesday, April 30.

The arrests were made sometime in April, after a decade of investigation into the presumed homicide of Robert “Bob” Harrod, said Placentia Police Sgt. Chris Anderson. He said two people described as persons of interest were recently taken into custody, but later released pending further investigation. Authorities declined to identify them or discuss the circumstances of their arrests.

Two ‘persons of interest’ in 2009 disappearance of Placentia millionaire arrested, later released – Orange County Register

I'm just new to this thread and to this case. Just wondering which cities the daughters lived in, ie how far away from their dad's house?

Another member on the Dermond thread posted the podcast (linked below) to give an overview (thank you!). I'm sure that after some 18 threads on this case, you've gone over everything already, but as a new set of eyes, I have the following questions - hopefully you won't mind rehashing!:
  • were Bob's eyeglasses for reading, distance, or bifocals? does anyone know? I'm *assuming* at his age, they were likely bifocals.. meaning - wouldn't they be worn at all times - even inside the home?
  • when was Bob last physically seen, by anyone *other* than his immediate family? And when was he last heard from by phone, by anyone *other* than his immediate family?
  • it was said that LE forensically searched the son-in-law's vehicle and found no evidence of blood or anything to indicate that Bob had been in the vehicle in peril - but was there any evidence of him being IN the vehicle, period?
  • how did the son-in-law and the cleaning-lady enter through the back door? Was the front door locked, but the back door left UNlocked? Did son-in-law have a key to the back door?
  • what was the son-in-law doing upstairs for so long, when the cleaning-lady had asked him to have a look upstairs for Bob before she went up there herself?
  • the unmade bed is a curious thing! The unmade bed, in conjunction with the eyeglasses NOT being with Bob, make it seem like it's possible he disappeared much much earlier - except that he was said to have had numerous phonecalls with assorted people during the hours leading up to his said-disappearance after 2:30pm.
  • interesting that the cleaning-lady was getting such odd vibes of something not right!
  • Bob's family was obviously distraught about Bob sharing his wealth with someone new in the picture - but what about Fontelle's family? Might they have also been concerned about their mother, for same reasons? (Did Fontelle have any children? What was Fontelle's financial picture like prior to her marriage to Bob - had she owned her own home, etc?)
  • this last point is the one that REALLY jumped out at me while listening to this podcast. Presumably since the son-in-law was the last (and the ONLY, right??) person to see Bob that day, the description of what Bob had been wearing would have come from HIM. So WHY on earth would Bob have been wearing a HAT inside his home that day?? At 47:04 into the podcast, a description is given of what Bob was last seen wearing. Is there an explanation for this hat being worn inside the home?
I'm wondering if, while son-in-law was out on one of his various outings at some point while at Bob's home that day, perhaps son-in-law's wife came by to pick up Bob.. perhaps under the guise of 'hey, Jeff just needs you to make a quick decision on a building material, so come with me and we'll quickly go and pick it out.. Bob left willingly, locking the door behind him and taking his wallet (to perhaps pay for the items?) and keys, knowing he'd only be gone a few minutes and he'd be able to let them back into the home when he returned. (And of course, Bob was wearing a HAT!)

Finally some action!

Investigators citing an ongoing homicide investigation withheld the identities of two Placentia residents who were arrested and later released in connection to the 2009 disappearance of a local millionaire, officials said Tuesday, April 30.

The arrests were made sometime in April, after a decade of investigation into the presumed homicide of Robert “Bob” Harrod, said Placentia Police Sgt. Chris Anderson. He said two people described as persons of interest were recently taken into custody, but later released pending further investigation. Authorities declined to identify them or discuss the circumstances of their arrests.

Two ‘persons of interest’ in 2009 disappearance of Placentia millionaire arrested, later released – Orange County Register

Wow! This is interesting indeed. I remember the whole thing with the barber - I thought she was a woman, and the children were trying to accuse her of elder abuse because Bob had given her money, and that's how the whole rift between Bob and his children began - someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Police cleared them of any involvement as it says in the article, but I wonder if someone could have been trying to frame them as being involved OR the arrest doesn't involve them at all. It is really frustrating though that they released them.

HOWEVER, it is very promising that something is happening, and that this is NOT a cold case!

@deugirtni - I can't answer all your questions but I will say, that early on in this case I fell for being suspicious of poor Fontelle, which is what the family was putting out there on some message boards. The whole fall in love, move out to CA, etc., did seem somewhat off, but after really understanding the big picture and the family dynamics, it's pretty clear that MONEY is behind this disappearance, but it ain't Fontelle who was after it.

I'm just new to this thread and to this case. Just wondering which cities the daughters lived in, ie how far away from their dad's house?

Another member on the Dermond thread posted the podcast (linked below) to give an overview (thank you!). I'm sure that after some 18 threads on this case, you've gone over everything already, but as a new set of eyes, I have the following questions - hopefully you won't mind rehashing!:
  • were Bob's eyeglasses for reading, distance, or bifocals? does anyone know? I'm *assuming* at his age, they were likely bifocals.. meaning - wouldn't they be worn at all times - even inside the home?
  • when was Bob last physically seen, by anyone *other* than his immediate family? And when was he last heard from by phone, by anyone *other* than his immediate family?
  • it was said that LE forensically searched the son-in-law's vehicle and found no evidence of blood or anything to indicate that Bob had been in the vehicle in peril - but was there any evidence of him being IN the vehicle, period?
  • how did the son-in-law and the cleaning-lady enter through the back door? Was the front door locked, but the back door left UNlocked? Did son-in-law have a key to the back door?
  • what was the son-in-law doing upstairs for so long, when the cleaning-lady had asked him to have a look upstairs for Bob before she went up there herself?
  • the unmade bed is a curious thing! The unmade bed, in conjunction with the eyeglasses NOT being with Bob, make it seem like it's possible he disappeared much much earlier - except that he was said to have had numerous phonecalls with assorted people during the hours leading up to his said-disappearance after 2:30pm.
  • interesting that the cleaning-lady was getting such odd vibes of something not right!
  • Bob's family was obviously distraught about Bob sharing his wealth with someone new in the picture - but what about Fontelle's family? Might they have also been concerned about their mother, for same reasons? (Did Fontelle have any children? What was Fontelle's financial picture like prior to her marriage to Bob - had she owned her own home, etc?)
  • this last point is the one that REALLY jumped out at me while listening to this podcast. Presumably since the son-in-law was the last (and the ONLY, right??) person to see Bob that day, the description of what Bob had been wearing would have come from HIM. So WHY on earth would Bob have been wearing a HAT inside his home that day?? At 47:04 into the podcast, a description is given of what Bob was last seen wearing. Is there an explanation for this hat being worn inside the home?
I'm wondering if, while son-in-law was out on one of his various outings at some point while at Bob's home that day, perhaps son-in-law's wife came by to pick up Bob.. perhaps under the guise of 'hey, Jeff just needs you to make a quick decision on a building material, so come with me and we'll quickly go and pick it out.. Bob left willingly, locking the door behind him and taking his wallet (to perhaps pay for the items?) and keys, knowing he'd only be gone a few minutes and he'd be able to let them back into the home when he returned. (And of course, Bob was wearing a HAT!)

Welcome to the thread, a fresh set of eyes is welcome. Bob has a loyal group of followers who would love to see the guilty party(ies) pay for what they did to such a dear man and his "long lost love".

Was just posting what stuck out for me as a new set of eyes, hoping to perhaps start some rehashing and discussion. But okay thanks, I'll just look through eighteen threads of posts.

Didn’t mean to sound abrupt but we have hashed and rehashed your queries in the last 18 threads. But, I as well welcome your a new set of eyes. I have been following this thread for years....I am so excited that there is final more action toward LE making an arrest.

We have discussed the last 24 hours of Bob's known existence in great detail, however I don't think we ever considered the possibility of a 2nd person picking him up to meet his SIL at the hardware store. That's an excellent thought, but I'm not certain who was available to do that. What I would do, if I wanted to "quick read" the info in all of these threads is start here: CA - CA - Bob Harrod, Time Line and Media Links only
Then check the last page of each thread. That way you can focus on the areas you are most interest in. We will all be happy to answer questions. Some of us (not me) are younger than others and probably have quicker memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh