GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

Is it possible the 8 year old had tucked into Mom and Dad's bed for the night, or is that too old, do parents think?

From what I have read 911 calls are classified as "unknown trouble"when the caller is disconnected or the dispatcher can't understand them.

I have not been contacted by authorities and your question is legitimate and non-presumptuous. I have to speculate that the two daughters and the young man who survived his wound(s) have more precise information on what transpired than my ordeal that dates back 2 years. Thank you for the warm greetings.

I have not been contacted by authorities and your question is legitimate and non-presumptuous. I have to speculate that the two daughters and the young man who survived his wound(s) have more precise information on what transpired than my ordeal that dates back 2 years. Thank you for the warm greetings.

I am thinking you are absolutely correct after what I just read.

BBM

Police said it might be a double homicide and it didn't seem to be a murder/suicide. So it did occur to me they left the possibility of a double suicide unstated. I was being cagey though because of the implications that would mean for the little one being shot too.

I agree. I don't think LE found the weapon yet. If there were any weapons found in the home or around the property, LE would have obtained and analyzed them to see if they were the one used in the crime.

I'm not LE, but the victims' skin (i.e., hands), clothes etc., would also have been analyzed by forensics for gunshot residue. Perhaps the same with the family members confirmed to be in the home at the time too, as a means to eliminate possible suspects.

Or someone they knew who was allowed into the home.

I don't know, but I keep going back to the dogs. I don't know if the dogs were actual trained guard dogs or really just pets. I'm not a dog expert, but they usually bark and growl when they hear, smell or see an unknown presence, especially in the middle of the night.

They weren't harmed, which is strange especially since a young child was. The dogs would be a bigger threat to the intruder than a child. This is why I keep thinking that it's someone the dogs were familiar enough with (jmo)... (and not pointing my fingers at anyone in particular).

I'm sure LE has interviewed the victims' daughters about the dogs' training, usual behavior, if they were inside the home during the attacks, and such.

I don't know, but I keep going back to the dogs. I don't know if the dogs were actual trained guard dogs or really just pets. I'm not a dog expert, but they usually bark and growl when they hear, smell or see an unknown presence, especially in the middle of the night.

They weren't harmed, which is strange especially since a young child was. The dogs would be a bigger threat to the intruder than a child. This is why I keep thinking that it's someone the dogs were familiar enough with (jmo)... (and not pointing my fingers at anyone in particular).

I'm sure LE has interviewed the victims' daughters about the dogs' training, usual behavior, if they were inside the home during the attacks, and such.

Most people here keep their pets inside in the evening because of the danger of mountain lions and coyotes which are abundant in south Orange County.

I live in OC and I would never leave my dogs out. I have seen coyotes next to my condo during the daytime.

To angela and CountryGirl, I have reservations because of the younger son being "targeted". IDK. I am assuming he was close by when it happened, rather than in another room in another wing. If my assumption of his room is wrong, I'll agree with you, otherwise I'm still thinking close but not *that* close.

@Snowden, they are attack dogs. We had a process server go to their property to attempt serving a court subpeona to appear in order to answer a contempt of court for failure to pay the $8,000 judgement we were awarded and he (the server) stated that the minute he approached the front gate he noticed that the intercome system was hanging by a single wire as if removed from it's station, and a huge double man pincher surfaced out of nowhere and scared the living breath out of him and was very aggressive in it's demeanor. Again, form your own opinion, but security in that house was not lacking according to the process server.

In marriage, divorce, death, Capistrano couple never parted:

Burghardt, their friend and broker, said he sat down with an investigator earlier this week who wanted to know about the couple’s business dealings.
Remembering his friend, Burghardt concluded, “She was always fair. I just can’t imagine anyone hurting her.”
On Friday, family friend Laura Villa of Palm Springs allowed that the couple’s children are safe. Their adopted 8-year-old son who was shot Feb. 9 remains hospitalized.
For Burghardt, the real question is: Who went into the house, and why?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sachs-601964-couple-andra.html?page=1.

@Snowden, they are attack dogs. We had a process server go to their property to attempt serving a court subpeona to appear in order to answer a contempt of court for failure to pay the $8,000 judgement we were awarded and he (the server) stated that the minute he approached the front gate he noticed that the intercome system was hanging by a single wire as if removed from it's station, and a huge double man pincher surfaced out of nowhere and scared the living breath out of him and was very aggressive in it's demeanor. Again, form your own opinion, but security in that house was not lacking according to the process server.

Thank you for sharing this experience with the dogs. Unless they were contained in some way or it is true that they do not attack once the intruder is in the home (I've never heard of this but...) my lay person's guess is that the dogs knew the murderer. JMOO. Again, I'm not pointing any fingers because I'm sure they knew a number of people.

The lost of these two lives is indeed a horrific tragedy. Equally despicable is the malicious shooting of the young child and his subsequent paralysis. I will add that I am the author of the "Ripoff Report" that was referenced in an earlier post in this forum. I had very minimal interaction with Brad Sachs other than his appearance in court when we were suing them and it immediately became very apparent that Brad and Andra were still a couple, business partners, unified front, but Andra was the puppeteer.

From the beginning it was a nightmare having dealings with Andra. I had just returned from a year long deployment in Helmand's Province Afghanistan with the I MEF Forward and my wife was meeting me in California with our six month old baby. We had signed a lease with California Realty for the property in Perris only to find out that once our deposit and rent checks were cashed, that California Realty no longer represented Andra or the property. If we would have been made aware of the latter prior to signing the least, we would have taken our business elsewhere. The Ripoff reports spells everything out in chronological sequence and if it were not 100% factual, I would not have posted my picture, place of employment, and expose my family to further aggravation than what had already been imposed.

The final punch in the face came in July-2011 when the temperature in the house was 102 degrees and no surprise, the air conditioning was inoperative. I spoke to Andra regarding the matter only to be scolded like an annoying pan-handler because she was out of town on vacation in Nevada and she could not deal with the issue until the following week when she returned to California. This went on for three days and our six month old baby was crying at the top of his lungs due to the heat, and my wife was forced to sit with him in our vehicle with the AC on so the child could sleep. Our next door neighbor also allowed our child to stay in her home during the morning period. I called Andra on the third day pleading with her to place us in a hotel in the meantime, which prompted her to berate me over the phone and made the statement that she did not have the money to put us in a hotel. It's when I mentioned to her that she is a landlord 24/7/365 not just when she's physically present in California, she hung up on me and would not answer my calls.

The next day we found a home in Menifee through a realtor and the rest of the story is open to your interpretation. In no way is this post a malicious poke at this egregious calamity, but I grew up in the South Bronx and was able to survive the street predators by standing up for myself, standing up for my family, standing up for those that stood up for me, and standing up for those who could not or would not stand up for themselves. The reason I fought this matter in the courts with great veracity was because my son's life was jeopardize, my wife's (who is an Army veteran) tears were a daily occurrence, and my responsibility as a Christian man to ensure that no one else blindly walk into the quagmire of deceit that we bared.

Hence, we did win an $8,000 judgment that was never paid, but we spent $15,000 in attorney's fees to litigate this matter and ensure there was a legal paper trail on what was done to my family. This was never about attempting to win a financial windfall. The crux was that we are all human beings regardless of social-economic status, and everybody merits the respect and dignity that we expect reciprocated to us and which is demanded by our Creator!

Now for all the junior detectives out there and member "ObscureClaire," you can cross me off your list of suspects as I have been living on the East coast since mid-June when I retired from the military after serving this sensational nation for 30 years. May God render peace and harmony to the Sachs family and that the eight year old child recover fully. Thank you everyone for your reading time. Blessings Always.

THANK YOU and your wife, for your service to our country. You both are great Americans...

Brad Sachs and Andra Sachs, Couple Who Had Tenant Disputes, Found Slain in Upscale Home

read more at .......... http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/02/brad_sachs_andra_sachs_murder.php

So, according to this article, the male taken to the hospital was age 8. There were two teenage daughters in the residence and it's believed it was one of them that called LE. The girls were not hurt.

JMHO
fran

Apologies if this has been discussed... As I am behind y'all in reading this thread..

But... (Per above link) ...I find it interesting that a report was made by someone that worked for the Sachs as a live-in caregiver ..

I wonder who, in the Sachs' home, this caregiver was providing assistance to?... :waitasec:

JMO

It seems to me their estate will have a lot of judgments against it. jmo

Apologies if this has been discussed... As I am behind y'all in reading this thread..

But... (Per above link) ...I find it interesting that a report was made by someone that worked for the Sachs as a live-in caregiver ..

I wonder who, in the Sachs' home, this caregiver was providing assistance to?... :waitasec:

JMO

She cleaned and ran the kids around,etc... Her son used to walk dogs( the Bassett Hounds they also owned) with my son. He told my son that his mom went to school w Andra "back in the day"...

Shoot. Silencers are expensive and illegal in California.

What one option? Natural death? Accident? Because there is only suicide or homicide if the deaths were intentional.

I bet because they got there, cordoned stuff off after finding the father, rendered emergency aid, transported the son, got the daughters assessed and out and by that time, 24 minutes had passed before they searched more and realized there was another victim.

Makes some sense to me.

I, too, was trying to think of another option... If not murder-suicide or homicide...

The only other option I could come up with was ...suicide-suicide.... Double suicide... And they tried to take the boy since he was too young to care for himself?

However.... This doesn't sound "logical" to me... But then... What is logical about such a horrible crime?

:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back