GUILTY CA - Brad, 57, & Andra Sachs, 54, slain, 8yo injured, San Juan Capistrano, 9 Feb 2014

The couple was said to have three guard dogs. No one heard them bark and LE said they were not harmed. I read that one was a Doberman. I have a guard dog (see pic) and the only ones she would not go nuts on especially in the middle of the night is a family member or someone else whom she is very familiar - and she is always in the house at night. I find it very odd that three guard dogs didn't go nuts with an intruder in the house. They use smell as well as sound and sight. Where were they? How did the intruder deal w/them to keep them quiet yet not hurt them? Try and kill a young child but not three guard dogs? An animal lover, child hater? I'm scratching my head.

Could this not be a case of an intruder?...

But rather someone familiar that was visiting that night?

The home is quite large... Maybe the girls were not aware of guests?

And the guard dogs may not have been alerted if the perp(s) was/were familiar guest(s)...

But... I have to ask... Wouldn't this home have all sorts of surveillance cameras... Unless the owners didn't want any cam footage of their own dealings?...

This is so puzzling... (Obviously...)

Just some thoughts ...

IICR the parents slept in separate areas of the house...and the 8 year old slept w Andra some nights. The 3 youngest are adopted IICR and are sweet, soft spoken, seemed lonely. Very few guests ( and none that i knew) were ever invited in that house. My son's driving instructor is the same as their 2 oldest (sons) and he said it is truly a "fortress" and he often waited 20+ minutes for anyone to answer his gate call...and he was never invited up the drive...only instructed to wait outside on the street. I also never ever saw the parents at the elementary or middle school...only the housekeeper. in fact...for years i thought the housekeeper WAS the mom.

I wonder where the housekeeper friend is, was? I haven't seen her mentioned except here.

JMHO
fran

Apologies if this has been discussed... As I am behind y'all in reading this thread..

But... (Per above link) ...I find it interesting that a report was made by someone that worked for the Sachs as a live-in caregiver ..

I wonder who, in the Sachs' home, this caregiver was providing assistance to?... :waitasec:

JMO

In regards to the caregiver, please read the "Ripoff Report" by googling Andra Sachs and read the submissions made by "Cinderella" and that would be your caregiver and answer to your question. Hope this helps clarify things.

It sounds like the only person who ever went into the home besides the family was the housekeeper / nanny? I am assuming she didn't live there ..

We do not sleuth family members or relatives. They are not suspects. Minors are off-limits unless specifically named by LE.

In regards to the caregiver, please read the "Ripoff Report" by googling Andra Sachs and read the submissions made by "Cinderella" and that would be your caregiver and answer to your question. Hope this helps clarify things.

:welcome: BronxBrawler! :welcome:

Thank you for this helpful reply to, and reference for, my question...:seeya:

and... A Very Big Thank You to you and your wife for serving our country!

:gthanks:

San Juan Mom, just curious how easy you think it would be for someone to gain entrance from the back of the property?

I live in OC and I would never leave my dogs out. I have seen coyotes next to my condo during the daytime.

I just really upset myself reading about someone who left their 82lb dog outside alone in San Bernardino and the mountain lion ranging up there dragged it up a 6ft wall and 'detached' its skull before dropping it. The poor thing had to be put down. :(

San Juan Mom, just curious how easy you think it would be for someone to gain entrance from the back of the property?

It would be possible to access the property from the hills behind the home...BUT...the 2 Dobermans (there were two last I knew) would surely become aware by the time any "intruder" even got close to the master BR as it is the farthest room / closest to the street (panoramic ocean view from front of home) . Brad was known to sleep in a different area of the home...so...TWO targets, separate quarters , AFTER breaking in from the hills? Long shot but perhaps it's possible?

Professional "hits" are swift and exact...I will look for a source but have heard there were 21+ shots fired. Wow

There hasn't been a word about the other family members in the home, and what they saw or didn't see or if they have been moved to a safe place.

It seems a little strange. Nothing from the adult children either, who live away from home. Often, family appeal straight away for the public to help catch a killer.

Saw an item today in a google search about the funeral arrangements. Los Angeles Cemetery said the services were private and no other info listed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bra...eted-murder-plot?cid=PROD-redesign-right-next

This article says the boy was "targeted". Why would a little boy be targeted?

The 8-year old boy was adopted from Russia after his biological mother was involved in a homicide case. That could very well be a motive and lead to follow, particular because Russians have the attitude that "nothing is to be left behind."

<modsnip> Here is another article from the Examiner with additional tit-bits:

http://www.examiner.com/article/bra...-killer-getting-by-guard-dogs?cid=db_articles

I find it interesting that there are two sides to AS and BS...

On one side they reportedly were ruthless in their business dealings...

Yet... On the other side we see a couple that adopted three children...

I noticed AS's full name is Andra Resa Sachs...

Is Resa her maiden name?

Or is it her middle name?

What nationality are AS and BS... ?

And BS's middle name is Hans...

Were they born in the USA?... Or elsewhere?

If they were born elsewhere... Could there be ties to other countries?

Just some thoughts...

In the article from the sanjuancapistrano.patch.com of 2-16-12 (posted up thread) it was reported that Andra Sachs had a child that died in a tragic accident...

Sad... :(

In the article from the sanjuancapistrano.patch.com of 2-16-12 (posted up thread) it was reported that Andra Sachs had a child that died in a tragic accident...

Sad... :(

The child you mentioned above drowned. Tragic....yes.

Professional "hits" are swift and exact...I will look for a source but have heard there were 21+ shots fired. Wow

From an analytical point of view, the amount of 21 shots leads to a "raging murder" theory, indicating the murder him/herself was very angry and vengeful. A hired hitman routinely fire 1-3 well placed shots.

From an analytical point of view, the amount of 21 shots leads to a "raging murder" theory, indicating the murder him/herself was very angry and vengeful. A hired hitman routinely fire 1-3 well placed shots.

21 shots indicate to me the shooter was filled with rage and/or inexperienced...

I wonder if there were guns in the house (owned by AS and/or BS) ?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHoca
Back