CA CA - Bridgett ‘Bridget’ Lee Pendell-Williamson, 23, San Francisco, 1 Apr or 7 Jul 1997

Bump. I read Bridget's story a while ago in the SF Chronicle and am glad to see a thread for her on WS. Have their been any developments? I live very close to 16th and Mission, where Bridget lived. Also lived in Santa Cruz a few years after she was down there. I am racking my brain trying to remember if I've seen anyone in the last few years that could fit her description. To be honest, most of the prostitutes around here are Hispanic or Black so a Caucasian woman might stand out a little bit -- especially if she has tribal tats around her face.

I have a friend who works for a health clinic for sex workers in the Tenderloin. I can send her Bridget's flier and ask her to post it if it isn't already posted.

I see a lot of young people -- from their teens to their 30s -- wandering around the city, homeless and usually high on something. I always wonder what their story is and who is missing them back home. One guy in particular stands out: He too has tribal tattoos on his face and I've actually witnessed him shooting up in an alley before. Doubt there's a connection, but the tribal tattoos on face thing kind of haunts me.

Bumping, and I found a post on another forum comparing Bridget and this unidentified woman:

http://coroner.saccounty.net/unID-08-1866.htm

There were no follow up posts about it..what do you think? I don't think the sketch looks much like her, but the remains were skeletonized so maybe they're off the mark. She was wearing a Grateful Dead jacket, who Bridget followed on tour.

Bumping, and I found a post on another forum comparing Bridget and this unidentified woman:

http://coroner.saccounty.net/unID-08-1866.htm

There were no follow up posts about it..what do you think? I don't think the sketch looks much like her, but the remains were skeletonized so maybe they're off the mark. She was wearing a Grateful Dead jacket, who Bridget followed on tour.

Did you ever find out any more about this? It's so sad nobody's found Bridget, or given the other woman a name.

I got an email back from the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office, the unidentified has been ruled out.

I have just read Bridget's story. My daughter is an addict also and left home because of her drug use. She lives in California, homeless. She does stay in contact with me though. I have emailed her and also a woman that helps the homeless to see if they recognize Bridget. I am hoping they know her. Will post any response.

I spoke to the woman that works with the homeless. Not to get anyone's hopes up but Ronee says that she looks familiar. She doesn't recall her name or the last time she saw her. She is going to keep her eyes open, make some copies of the pictures and pass them around. Let's all hope!!

Any word - anybody? I spent an incredible summer following Furthur (the Grateful Dead) around and often thought of Bridget........

just read about bridget through a grateful dead missing/uid fans page. it seems very telling that no one has seen her for nearly 10 years now, although, people who are homeless/with substance abuse problems can remain under the radar for years. especially if they're too ashamed to be found. i myself have experienced some of that, so i can very much understand her hesitation to reach her family. drugs take everything away from you, your dignity, your family, your life.
unfortunately SF has such a huge volume of homeless, and therefore crime. years ago my folks stayed in a hotel in SF and my mom said she could hear people in the streets fighting, see women crouching to relieve themselves. its awful.. and dangerous.
i hope we can find anything pertaining to bridget! especially now since her sisters' search has ended....
kgriffin: i truly hope your daughter will get herself better for her and your family! i can honestly say that even though life is tough, i've never been happier away from that life! good luck!

Wow, a woman who dedicated her life to finding her lost sister, who also worked as a court advocate helping people GET OFF DRUGS & turn their lives around supposably "overdoses" and no one is prosecuted for it?? What about the prior junkie living in her home? The one police were called to her home about 5 times in a 6 month period - the same man whom, by all accounts, she was trying to get rid of - the same man who stayed at the hospital till she was admitted, & rather than waiting around to see if she would be ok, ran back to her house, (probably to hide the evidence) and lied to police about his identity, as well as refused to let police into HER home to conduct an investigation - AND POLICE CANT CHARGE HIM WITH HER DEATH???? "She overdosed while out on the deck smoking a cigarette." Give me a frigging break. 2 years in prison for drug possession is not nearly long enough for this & murderer. Someone really needs to get ahold of prosecutor Brian DeVane to see why this guy isnt up on more serious charges in Jacqueline's death. Circumstantial as tho the case may be, it certainly sounds like a strong one to me! Many prayers to this family for all they've had to endure.
Tracey in MD
diamond414x@aol.com

http://www.troyrecord.com/shared-co...t&r=&d1=12-1-2000&d2=today&q=Jacqueline+Horne

Just checkin' up and hoping for some news...

I've a daughter named Bridget so I think of this missing Bridget often.

S.

I just discovered this thread and it hit home for me. A former sorority sister of mine turned up raped and murdered in the Krishna Hotel in the Mission District of San Francisco last September. She apparently had become a drug addict at some point after college (I'd lost touch with her after she graduated) and wound up living the life of a homeless addict on the streets of SF. When she and her partner (I don't know him or how she met him) didn't have enough money to get a room in one of the many SRO (Single-room occupancy) motels in the Mission district, they would crash with a friend of theirs who was an addict. This "friend" was also a violent and sick person. He raped and murdered my friend.

Here's a link to the article:
http://missionlocal.org/2010/09/screams-and-then-a-suspicious-death-at-mission-sro/

My point is, have LE checked with these motels in this area to see if she was staying in one of them (either on her own, or crashing with a friend)? They are there to get the homeless off the streets, but they are owned by scumbags who don't care if there are drugs being dealt/used and crimes being committed in their motels. It sounds to me like some of the social workers/homeless assistance groups do get involved with helping people in this area. I wonder if LE has checked with these groups? I was able to find out that my friend was known to these social workers and aid groups. It sounded to me like they know many, many of the homeless in this area. If Bridget was indeed hanging around in this area, LE should look into questioning the piece of garbage who murdered my friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious
Back