CA CA - Bridgett ‘Bridget’ Lee Pendell-Williamson, 23, San Francisco, 1 Apr or 7 Jul 1997

I just contacted the Santa Cruz PD (I saw their name and number on the porchlight site) and left a voice mail. Hopefully they'll look into this. It's a long shot, but it's definitely worth looking into IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if the who murdered my friend had a history of violent crimes toward women. Since they were in the same area, it caught my attention. Hopefully there will be some answers in this case. If SCPD calls me back, I'll let everyone know on this thread. I just left the voice mail.

I just received a call from LE in Santa Cruz. I gave them all the info I had about my friend's case. They are going to look into it and hopefully interview the guy who is behind bars awaiting trial for my friend's murder. Hopefully they'll try to talk to the residents of the motels in this area and the volunteers who help out in this community. I know that there have been many years that have passed since Bridget was last seen, but there was something about her circumstances that reminded me of my friend. Someone out there has to know something. If I hear anything else from LE, I'll post it on this thread.

Bumping

I still haven't heard anything from LE regarding the tip I gave to them. If I hear anything, I'll post it. Hopefully this case will be solved someday.

Bridget looks like this UID woman to me, mostly going from Bridget's mugshot as she was in a much better state in the other photos on her page. This woman's eyes are really big but I think part of it is a strange expression on her face from drugs/mental illness. Remember, she would be a decade older than last seen and probably lost some weight due to lifestyle. Ever see those "faces of Meth" posters? Not saying she was a meth addict but it is amazing how much lifestyle can change a person's appearance.

It's probably a long shot but Bridget's mugshot reminded me of this picture immediately for some reason.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/593ufca.html

Bridget looks like this UID woman to me, mostly going from Bridget's mugshot as she was in a much better state in the other photos on her page. This woman's eyes are really big but I think part of it is a strange expression on her face from drugs/mental illness. Remember, she would be a decade older than last seen and probably lost some weight due to lifestyle. Ever see those "faces of Meth" posters? Not saying she was a meth addict but it is amazing how much lifestyle can change a person's appearance.

It's probably a long shot but Bridget's mugshot reminded me of this picture immediately for some reason.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/593ufca.html

I remember reading about the woman in the tent somewhere on this site. She does kind of look like Bridget, especially in the mouth area. Her eyebrows are different, but otherwise, she does look like her. Do you know if LE ever compared the DNA/dentals of this woman with those of Bridget? I know that they have dentals on file for her. The area in which this woman was found is not at all far from San Francisco or even Santa Cruz.

I remember reading about the woman in the tent somewhere on this site. She does kind of look like Bridget, especially in the mouth area. Her eyebrows are different, but otherwise, she does look like her. Do you know if LE ever compared the DNA/dentals of this woman with those of Bridget? I know that they have dentals on file for her. The area in which this woman was found is not at all far from San Francisco or even Santa Cruz.

That I do not know. If they both have DNA on file then they are not a match, assuming that the same DNA types (or both) are on.

Marie-Chantal, how sorry I am to hear about your friend. I am a young woman who lives in San Francisco, spends a lot of time near that hotel (it might be hard to believe, but the Mission is a wonderful place to visit) and this is the first I've heard about your friend's rape and murder. Sad how the media can get so fixated on certain cases and stories and then have complete disregard for what happens to other people in this city. I could go on and on about the way this city treats lower income people, drug addicts and sex workers..............

I totally agree with you that this man could be responsible for what happened to Bridget. I also remain hopeful that Bridget is still out there. My friends who work in the Tenderloin try and keep their eyes peeled for her. I do as well when I'm in the Civic Center area or in the Mission. One of my old comments says something about her having tribal tattoos on her face and now I don't remember where I read that information! But I used to see a few people (men and women) with these tattoos.

Never give up hope! In a perfect world, I hope Bridget is tucked away in a rehabilitation center or taking a beach vacation to better herself .... and one day she'll reach out and get back in touch with her daughter and parents.

Marie-Chantal, how sorry I am to hear about your friend. I am a young woman who lives in San Francisco, spends a lot of time near that hotel (it might be hard to believe, but the Mission is a wonderful place to visit) and this is the first I've heard about your friend's rape and murder. Sad how the media can get so fixated on certain cases and stories and then have complete disregard for what happens to other people in this city. I could go on and on about the way this city treats lower income people, drug addicts and sex workers..............

I totally agree with you that this man could be responsible for what happened to Bridget. I also remain hopeful that Bridget is still out there. My friends who work in the Tenderloin try and keep their eyes peeled for her. I do as well when I'm in the Civic Center area or in the Mission. One of my old comments says something about her having tribal tattoos on her face and now I don't remember where I read that information! But I used to see a few people (men and women) with these tattoos.

Never give up hope! In a perfect world, I hope Bridget is tucked away in a rehabilitation center or taking a beach vacation to better herself .... and one day she'll reach out and get back in touch with her daughter and parents.

Thank you for your nice reply to my post. I've been to the Mission quite a few times (my brother lives in SF, and I grew up not far from there) and I know that it is not a horrible place at all. There's some great restaurants and public art in that area. I also happen to like the idea of SRO hotels, but the one where my friend died had a terrible reputation due to the owners apparently not doing anything about violent tenants and other crime occurring in that building. I think that if they're run properly, these SROs can be a great place for people who are trying to live a safe life while they deal with their addictions.

I haven't heard anything from LE since I spoke with the SCPD officer nearly a month ago. I have no idea if he interviewed the man who killed my friend or not. I do recall that someone mentioned that Bridgett did have tribal face tattoos and had been seen at a soup kitchen in Stockton. I would assume that LE or her family members followed up on that lead (I sure hope so). Bridgett really seemed to resemble the woman known as "the Crier". Do you ever see "the Crier" hanging around the Mission? Like you, I also wish for a happy ending to this tragic story, especially since Bridgett has a daughter.

Not Forgotten - Bridget has been in my thoughts all summer as I boogied away with like-minded Grateful Dead friends ---blessings to Bridget
~~may your heart and soul be free to spin with Jerry~~~

Such a sad case, I wonder what happened to her

Question: I did a Veromi search under "Bridget Pendell" nationwide, and the only one it found was our Bridget.

Strangely, on searching "Bridget Pendell" on Google, I came across an Etsy profile (with no info other than a few pieces of jewelry she had selected as 'favorites'), and one on pinterest, with no info other than 5 'followers', who seem to be from the Denver area.

Is anyone able to find any info that there is another Bridget Pendell?

ETA: It looks like there is another one in Aurora CO... probably under 18, which is why she isn't showing up on Veromi. It looks like she has a FB account though.

Possibly her daughter? not sure what ever happened to her.

(((Bridget))) Roll away the dew~~~

Where is Bridget Pendell? Missing 16 years this month. :anguish:

qWP0Unm.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pendell-williamson_bridget.html

This case has perplexed me for a long time. What happened to Bridget? Will anyone ever step forward? Is there anyone who knows anything?

I might be able to help here.. She has tribal tats on her face? She was a street worker? Someone that's involved in this case, please PM me information and I might be able to help. There's a Bridgett with tribal tattoos on Polk. She's well known, an IV user and is online via a sex workers forum (I'm an advocate for sex workers, as well as being one myself). I don't know if it's the same girl - but it's worth looking into!

There was someone here who knew Bridget and her family, but it looks like she hasn't posted here since 2008.

You might want to try the Santa Cruz Sheriff's Department, they are investigating her case (not sure why, since she was last seen in San Francisco).

That sounds very promising...

That is odd. I don't know what I'd tell them exactly - I need to talk to someone else before involving a girl working that most likely has warrants and such. I walk a thin line. People trust me to keep them safe and things of that nature, they don't want me talking to police. I contacted a client of hers and forwarded the link (to see if it's her). He pays the cell phone bill and things of that nature. If she's on the run and has warrants out - she may take off again. I don't want to spook her. I'm afraid Santa Cruz is looking for her because of a warrant.

Did she have any musical talents? I ask this because a lot of the street girls that don't have pimps tend to pan handle as well, they use various talents to get funds.

The one thing people SHOULD look into is methadone clinics, needle exchanges and St. James. All of these places require her to register with her name and ID.

That is odd. I don't know what I'd tell them exactly - I need to talk to someone else before involving a girl working that most likely has warrants and such. I walk a thin line. People trust me to keep them safe and things of that nature, they don't want me talking to police. I contacted a client of hers and forwarded the link (to see if it's her). He pays the cell phone bill and things of that nature. If she's on the run and has warrants out - she may take off again. I don't want to spook her. I'm afraid Santa Cruz is looking for her because of a warrant.

Did she have any musical talents? I ask this because a lot of the street girls that don't have pimps tend to pan handle as well, they use various talents to get funds.

The one thing people SHOULD look into is methadone clinics, needle exchanges and St. James. All of these places require her to register with her name and ID.

I don't recall anything about musical talent, but I do know she was into the Grateful Dead and followed them around the country.

I think she was using the street name "Butterfly" at some point.

I understand not wanting to contact law enforcement, but I suggested it because her sister has passed away and I don't know how to contact her daughter. I don't know of any other family...

Wanted to add: The person I'm thinking of works Polk and Larkin. She's missing most of her teeth now and has been in and out of the hospital over the last 5 years for various infections (heart, blood).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back