CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that it was a Red Bull. But I thought the drink purchase was made in Buttonwillow? I was pretty sure anyway...

ETA: From the timeline:
11 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.

Red Bull is only $1.71 in California? Jeez Louise, they're $2.50 here! I'm thinking it wasn't a Red Bull. Any confirmation that is what it was?

Bryce taking Adderall and Red Bull had his wings on. Thought he could fly right off the cliff. My oldest son had a bad effect on it too. He was traveling from Cal State Sacramento to see me in Orange County on the 5. Cops called me and said his truck had gone off the road overturned upside down and they found him swimming late at night in a lake with shoes and clothes on. He told the cops he was a navy seal practicing for military. Not true but he was having delusions he was. He was out of his mind from the Adderall and Red Bulls. They took him to the hospital. He was covered in mud. He told me later he got addicted to it in his college fraternity. Everyone was doing it. He is shy and the Adderall gave him courage and felt he could do anything even fly. He has a problem with that drug to this very day. That incident was 10 years ago and there have been many more.

http://hofstrapulse.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/red-bull-adderall-the-endless-all-nighter/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Red Bull is only $1.71 in California? Jeez Louise, they're $2.50 here! I'm thinking it wasn't a Red Bull. Any confirmation that is what it was?

This was my question. I don't recall seeing that the drink he purchased was Red Bull before. And being in California, I've never seen it that cheap myself.

Good point on the blood! And thinking further - I'm guessing it's almost certain Bryce went down with the vehicle. Otherwise the search dogs would have picked up Bryce's scent walking all the way back down Lake Hughes Rd to Main Ramp Rd to the vehicle. And if so, why would he then walk down to the lake? I doubt it.

We have to remember Bryce's scent was picked up from the vehicle going down to the lake. Not going up the hill or up Main Ramp Rd back to Lake Hughes Rd. I'm almost certain now that Bryce did go down with the vehicle. The question remains if someone else was with him (carjacking) or not. I'm thinking it is less likely after considering these things.

I wonder, since we don't know how much blood (very small amount has been stated by Dragracerz) or where the blood was, if Bryce might have walked down to the crashed vehicle to get whatever it was he was after in the unzipped duffle (sp) and cut himself on the broken glass (or plastic... or anything) in the process of reaching for the bag? If so, he may not have gone down with the vehicle. This is why I would like to know WHERE the blood was found...

JMO IMO MOO :)

Thats a good point.They might have been on sale though. I know I get 8 oz cans and they are right abound $2 normally.

I wonder, since we don't know how much blood (very small amount has been stated by Dragracerz) or where the blood was, if Bryce might have walked down to the crashed vehicle to get whatever it was he was after in the unzipped duffle (sp) and cut himself on the broken glass (or plastic... or anything) in the process of reaching for the bag? If so, he may not have gone down with the vehicle. This is why I would like to know WHERE the blood was found...

JMO IMO MOO :)

Then why no scent trail of Bryce leading up to where the vehicle went off the road? The scent trail lead away from any way of getting up to where the road is.

Just trying to work through these theories. :)

i was trying to quote the person who mentioned the lighter being found. I remember seeing someone in an earlier post quite a ways back had mentioned that they had seen a picture of him with a cigarette in his hand. That actually makes more sense to have bought a new lighter than a redbull at that price. I don't know how that's relevant but interesting I guess lol. I am back to square one. I was convinced he went off the grid intentionally but after thinking about him telling his mom exactly where he was that can't be the case. If he was trying to stage something or disappear he wouldn't have put everyone right on his path..like i said earlier...much easier ways to disappear..a journey of this sort with all these bizarre twists and turns wouldn't be necessary..i dont know why or what the cause would be for him to be in the lake but i really hope that's not the case. I strongly feel if he were dazed and confused roaming around he would have been seen by now. He isn't your average every day looking kid. He would definitely stick out in a crowd

Then why no scent trail of Bryce leading up to where the vehicle went off the road? The scent trail lead away from any way of getting up to where the road is.

Short of flying, there can't be an explanation. EXCELLENT point... back to square one. :)

This was my question. I don't recall seeing that the drink he purchased was Red Bull before. And being in California, I've never seen it that cheap myself.

I think it might have been dragracerz who reported it but was definitely confirmed as a Red Bull drink.

If Bryce was high from the amphetamine red bull combo he might have went off that cliff for kicks and being high he thought he could and nothing would happen to him. He just wanted to do something crazy. Who knows what he was thinking and why. Just like being drunk we do thing we wouldn't normally do.

i remember seeing someone in an earlier post quite a ways back had mentioned that they had seen a picture of him with a cigarette in his hand. I don't know how that's relevant but interesting I guess lol. I am back to square one. I was convinced he went off the grid intentionally but after thinking about him telling his mom exactly where he was that can't be the case. If he was trying to stage something or disappear he wouldn't have put everyone right on his path..like i said earlier...much easier ways to disappear..a journey of this sort with all these bizarre twists and turns wouldn't be necessary..i dont know why or what the cause would be for him to be in the lake but i really hope that's not the case. I strongly feel if he were dazed and confused roaming around he would have been seen by now. He isn't your average every day looking kid. He would definitely stick out in a crowd

I share these questions, Brooke79. To address the bolded - my concern is he could be far away from the area and it's likely no one even knows he's missing to identify him. With the exception of a few friends who've seen his flier on my FB page or those who've glanced at the fliers in truck stops on I-40, you'd be hard pressed to find very many people who are actively looking for him (in my city / state). Why it is so important that we are really proactive in sharing his missing flier in our areas OUTSIDE of the area his vehicle was found (IMO).

Because he was driving in the car. Scent picked up inside the truck and where he exited the vehicle.

It was for a Red Bull drink which I find bizarre since he wanted to get some sleep. People that abuse Adderall use Red Bull to chase it down which can be lethal. My Brother in law is 40yrs experienced ER Dr.

That price doesn't sound right for a Red Bull. I have to wonder where he could get a Red Bull in Southern California for only $1.71? It's about $2.99 in most places (gas station type places). Was that from dragracerz or from some other source? TIA.

That price doesn't sound right for a Red Bull. I have to wonder where he could get a Red Bull in Southern California for only $1.71? It's about $2.99 in most places. Was that from dragracerz or from some other source? TIA.

I have bought them on sale for $1.50 at the liquor store by me and I'm in OC.
I can't remember. It was when dragracerz was on the site daily.

Trying to figure out the Red Bull thing. In seaching this thread & the previous one, neither Red Bull nor 'energy drink' come up in thread #1. This is the first mention of 'energy drink' in this thread from 3 days ago. I think it may be the source of the idea?
RE: drink BL purchased ...

Just read in comments that BL's drink purchase was for an "energy drink at the Buttonwillow Shell" - is that true?

Brand of energy drink?
Can found in SUV?
How would one of those "energy" drinks mix with possible after effects of ADD drug plus lack of sleep?

http://www.santaclarita.com/blog/view.php?blog_entry_id=30806&jumptocomments=1

Here is the first mention of Red Bull in either thread from this morning:
Wonder if he drinks Red Bull or something else along those lines? Or if anything like that could be found near his car? Something like that could wire him as well maybe?

RSBM

Trying to figure out the Red Bull thing. In seaching this thread & the previous one, neither Red Bull nor 'energy drink' come up in thread #1. This is the first mention of 'energy drink' in this thread from 3 days ago. I think it may be the source of the idea?

I can't remember where I saw it but It was over a week ago. I remembered thinking with the Adderall it's a common combo.

Good point on the blood! And thinking further - I'm guessing it's almost certain Bryce went down with the vehicle. Otherwise the search dogs would have picked up Bryce's scent walking all the way back down Lake Hughes Rd to Main Ramp Rd to the vehicle. And if so, why would he then walk down to the lake? I doubt it.

We have to remember Bryce's scent was picked up from the vehicle going down to the lake. Not going up the hill or up Main Ramp Rd back to Lake Hughes Rd. I'm almost certain now that Bryce did go down with the vehicle. The question remains if someone else was with him (carjacking) or not. I'm thinking it is less likely after considering these things.

I think there were scents other than that, like along the lake, right?

Bryce taking Adderall and Red Bull had his wings on. Thought he could fly right off the cliff. My oldest son had a bad effect on it too. He was traveling from Cal State Sacramento to see me in Orange County on the 5. Cops called me and said his truck had gone off the road overturned upside down and they found him swimming late at night in a lake with shoes and clothes on. He told the cops he was a navy seal practicing for military. Not true but he was having delusions he was. He was out of his mind from the Adderall and Red Bulls. They took him to the hospital. He was covered in mud. He told me later he got addicted to it in his college fraternity. Everyone was doing it. He is shy and the Adderall gave him courage and felt he could do anything even fly. He has a problem with that drug to this very day. That incident was 10 years ago and there have been many more.

http://hofstrapulse.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/red-bull-adderall-the-endless-all-nighter/

Wow . Your son's experience is so close to Bryce's. This must hit so close to home for you.

I think it might have been dragracerz who reported it but was definitely confirmed as a Red Bull drink.

If Bryce was high from the amphetamine red bull combo he might have went off that cliff for kicks and being high he thought he could and nothing would happen to him. He just wanted to do something crazy. Who knows what he was thinking and why. Just like being drunk we do thing we wouldn't normally do.

I would like a link to the post confirming this. Because rumor can become fact quikcly on these threads. Its like the telephone game. So I just want to make sure!

I did the same search and found nothing.

I searched and cannot find it now either. Could it had been removed? I remember thinking since Dragracerz didn't disagree that it was true and have gone along with it this whole time.

Even if he didn't have the red bull doesn't matter. If he had been awake four days straight due to Adderall usage it is speed and causes crash and burn and side effects. Obviously his behavior was bizarre that day whether he had a red bull or not.

I think there were scents other than that, like along the lake, right?

Yes. This started as a question to whether Bryce was in the vehicle when it went down the ravine/hill. Some were speculating he got out of the vehicle & left it in neutral trying to push it out of a hole in the soft dirt, then it rolled down without him. The question was raised that if this was the case, how did the blood get in the vehicle? Did he walk down to it & get cut on the glass?

My point was that I don't think those are possible scenarios since there was no scent trail of Bryce between the point where the vehicle went off the road & where it landed. Therefore I concluded that Bryce had to almost certainly be in the vehicle when it went over & crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname