CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched and cannot find it now either. Could it had been removed? I remember thinking since Dragracerz didn't disagree that it was true and have gone along with it this whole time.

The "energy drink" question I quoted above from 9/11 was when dragracerz was actively posting a lot. (you can click the link to that part of the thread) But it was the morning of the possible sighting at the Habit, so he was pretty focussed on that & his posts were mostly around that issue. Maybe that's when you were thinking since it wasn't denied, that it was accurate?

Also, there are several things never commented on by dragracerz, even things when he is actively posting. I want to be careful about assuming lack of a denial is a confirmation of fact. This is easy to do. Someone brings up a theory & we forget it wasn't a proven fact & go on as if it is. I've done it myself. :)

I searched and cannot find it now either. Could it had been removed? I remember thinking since Dragracerz didn't disagree that it was true and have gone along with it this whole time.

Even if he didn't have the red bull doesn't matter. If he had been awake four days straight due to Adderall usage it is speed and causes crash and burn and side effects. Obviously his behavior was bizarre that day whether he had a red bull or not.

BBM

Remember one of Dragracerz last posts was (something like): I did not know I was breaking a rule. I believe some posts were in fact, removed. Totally possible.

BBM

Remember one of Dragracerz last posts was (something like): I did not know I was breaking a rule. I believe some posts were in fact, removed. Totally possible.

IIRC his comment about breaking a rule was about him posting that he was private messaging people. I have read every post and do not remember any confirmation of what Bryce purchased (though I do remember a lot of people asking.)

Who confirmed that Bryce was taking Adderall?

IIRC his comment about breaking a rule was about him posting that he was private messaging people. I have read every post and do not remember any confirmation of what Bryce purchased (though I do remember a lot of people asking.)

I'm thinking maybe people just assumed it was some sort of drink judging by the price...where it became an energy drink i do not know...how would they know that anyway unless it was found in the car..credit card statements aren't itemized.

Who confirmed that Bryce was taking Adderall?

His uncle did.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9810083&postcount=386
09-05-2013, 12:23 PM
dragracerz

Ok, let me clear up a few things.
Bryce is my nephew.
1.He does not have a drug problem, he like most people experimented with marijuana in High School and has recently tried Diovan (Adderall) Supposedly, Adderall is being used by college students to help them focus.
2. He does not have any issues with his sexuality. He has had a lot of girlfriends and knowing him since born think I would have seen a warning sign if otherwise
3. The movie link that was posted was for a high school arts class

Lets stay on track here and try to help find him. I will try to update and monitor here on this forum.

As of right now there is no new news. My sister and brother-in-law are still waiting for an answer on the body found by Castaic lake. They did supply dental records

http://www.distancebetweencities.net/castaic_ca_and_mammoth-lakes_ca/

Distance between Castaic and Mammoth is 296 miles. I really don't think the two cases are related. Just IMO, of course.

I don't think the two are related at all, either. I was posting about a body that was found 4 hours north of Castaic that wasn't identified but was of a white male around 20 years old. Someone else related that body to Matthew Greene. Both disappearances have weighed on me heavily though. Praying for a miracle for both of these men.

Well its neither here nor there at this point in time. Facts are he was acting strangely and that he had admittingly taken Adderall. How much we cant really be sure. He had been awake four days no sleep. Friends didn't want to give him keys to drive. Mom said give him the keys anyway. He was going to break up with girlfriend. He was on his way to Laguna when he SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE PERIOD. His friends tried to do the right thing. Truck went off cliff and has now been missing over two weeks. I don't believe he is just wandering about. After a week of 105 degrees and no food. I don't believe it.

They need a very thorough lake search with side sonar and then I will be satisfied he is not in there. The lake search is very weak in my opinion. Until then I am not convinced he's not there. At this point even if his body is found at least the family have closure. I just hope it is not one of these unsolved mysteries that are never solved for the sake of the family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When we get stuck in the desert, you first try to "rock" back and forth to get out of the hole (go forward, then backward).... Was the place where it looked like a vehicle was "stuck" anywhere near the cell tower? Because there is a metal safety rail all along there because of the drop of, except at the tower , if I am not mistaken.

Bottom line, if I had been having issues, trying to decide what to do, and after a bizarre journey pulled over to sleep and accidentally crashed my car as the icing on the whole cake, I could see just walking away figuring I was a total screw-up. In that state of mind, anything could have happened.

Absolutely correct, Ghost: Lake Hughes road is four lanes at that point. A person driving NORTH on Lake Hughes Road would pass by the boat launch road (on the left, then, about another 200 yards further, also on the left, there is a small (20 foot) gap in the guardrail. If one were to drive a vehicle into that little gap, there is a dirt "parking" area, presumably for vehicles servicing the fenced cell tower.

The area in which it appears a vehicle (presumably Bryce's) was stuck is BEHIND the fenced cell tower. In other words, he (A) exited Lake Hughes Road, (b) drove through the guardrail gap, (c) drove AROUND to the "other" (back) side of the cell tower, and (d) appears to have gotten stuck. On the back (east) side of the tower, which is downhill from the cell tower, there are three distinct pairs of tirespin holes... where a two- wheel drive vehicle (or a 4x4 IN 2wd mode) spun wheels (including dirt roostertails is an easterly direction) as if stuck, and unable to return to the road.

It appears to me that after three (or more) attempts to return to the road (uphill, unable to gain traction), the vehicle somehow (either accidentally or intentionally) followed a path, in reverse) that continued through some thick groundcover brush, then suddenly dropped off at the "cliff" and dropped the vehicle, on its rear, to the road (the boat launch road) below.

Also note that at night, a person unfamiliar with the area would not have any idea that there was a dropoff, or a road. No telling if the vehicle operator KNEW of the dropoff (maybe having eyeballed it first), or if the drop was entirely accidental. Indeed, Ghost, your postulate that he may have suddenly felt like a complete loser at that moment may well have been overwhelming.

Absolutely correct, Ghost: Lake Hughes road is four lanes at that point. A person driving NORTH on Lake Hughes Road would pass by the boat launch road (on the left, then, about another 200 yards further, also on the left, there is a small (20 foot) gap in the guardrail. If one were to drive a vehicle into that little gap, there is a dirt "parking" area, presumably for vehicles servicing the fenced cell tower.

The area in which it appears a vehicle (presumably Bryce's) was stuck is BEHIND the fenced cell tower. In other words, he (A) exited Lake Hughes Road, (b) drove through the guardrail gap, (c) drove AROUND to the "other" (back) side of the cell tower, and (d) appears to have gotten stuck. On the back (east) side of the tower, which is downhill from the cell tower, there are three distinct pairs of tirespin holes... where a two- wheel drive vehicle (or a 4x4 IN 2wd mode) spun wheels (including dirt roostertails is an easterly direction) as if stuck, and unable to return to the road.

It appears to me that after three (or more) attempts to return to the road (uphill, unable to gain traction), the vehicle somehow (either accidentally or intentionally) followed a path, in reverse) that continued through some thick groundcover brush, then suddenly dropped off at the "cliff" and dropped the vehicle, on its rear, to the road (the boat launch road) below.

Also note that at night, a person unfamiliar with the area would not have any idea that there was a dropoff, or a road. No telling if the vehicle operator KNEW of the dropoff (maybe having eyeballed it first), or if the drop was entirely accidental. Indeed, Ghost, your postulate that he may have suddenly felt like a complete loser at that moment may well have been overwhelming.

BBM... for whatever reason, that paragraph made my stomach sick. :(

I'm sure Yellow Camaro can verify the exact position. Maybe he can look at the cell tower images on Pg 1 of this thread & give a relation of which side of the fence around the cell tower it was.

Lake Hughes Road passes the WEST side of the cell tower: the location of the "stuck vehicle" ruts are on the EAST side of the cell tower, approximately 25 feet east of the cell tower fence.

From there, it is approximately 50 feet to the "cliff edge" where the vehicle rolled (or was driven) to, in reverse/ backward, and went over, to fall onto the road.

You mentioned that the lighter you found was new. I know we don't know that it belonged to Bryce but something I thought of was that several people have mentioned that Bryce made a $1.71 purchase earlier. I'm wondering if that could have been the lighter and maybe he just told his mom he was stopping for a drink so she wouldn't know he smoked cigarettes or marijuana. (something my 19 yr old brother would do for sure) I honestly don't know how much a lighter cost....I was thinking around a $1? Although convenience stores tend to be a little more expensive than say a Target or Wal-Mart. :p It doesn't really help the case, but it was just something that crossed my mind when I read about the lighter you saw.

I have wondered the same... no idea if its critical information, but if any LE/ investigator would like to PM me, I will be happy to turn over the lighter. The UPC/ bar code is on the lighter... if it scans at $1.71, we would have a pretty good idea of what that $1.71 purchase was... And, damn, anywhere that one can find Red Bulls for that, better stock up!

I just read on the Find Bryce FB site that the lake is charging the searchers to come in and search the area. That's terrible!

Lake Hughes Road passes the WEST side of the cell tower: the location of the "stuck vehicle" ruts are on the EAST side of the cell tower, approximately 25 feet east of the cell tower fence.

From there, it is approximately 50 feet to the "cliff edge" where the vehicle rolled (or was driven) to, in reverse/ backward, and went over, to fall onto the road.

Thank you!

Would you say it appears he was trying to drive around the cell tower, realized it got too narrow (or too soft?) to go around completely, & then backed up in an attempt to make a 3 point turn & go back the way he came?

I have wondered the same... no idea if its critical information, but if any LE/ investigator would like to PM me, I will be happy to turn over the lighter. The UPC/ bar code is on the lighter... if it scans at $1.71, we would have a pretty good idea of what that $1.71 purchase was... And, damn, anywhere that one can find Red Bulls for that, better stock up!

I'm sorry I just had to lol at that one... I was thinking the same thing, no way in heck he got Red Bull at a truck stop type place for $1.71. The lighter on the other hand... wow, I wonder. I'm glad you held onto the lighter in case it's important at some point.

Thank you so much for the information. Is the fence around the tower tall enough and large enough that it could obscure a vehicle, such as Bryce's, from being seen by passing cars?

This is a large dammed concrete reservoir with a lower lagoon, or lower lake used for swimming in a designated area and also fishing from shore. I think you maybe can use small fishing boats on the lower lake but I'm not sure. At the top of the concrete dam area is the large man made lake where people can use their boats and water vehicles to go boating and waterskiing.
I would think that the road or walkway at the top of the big concrete dam would be thoroughly secured. It would be a safety risk to allow anyone up there.

The dam is about 3/4 mile across at its top... and there is a roadway across it. It is gated, with signs indicating that only authorized vehicles may drive on it... but pedestrian access is extremely easy. Nothing prevents pedestrian access, as the gates are simple metal bars, 36" off the ground... nothing else. It is absolutely very easily accessible.

The FACE of the dam is rocky, very difficult to walk on... I suspect nearly impossible at night. I descended the face once, ascended it once, in broad daylight, and it was very difficult not to lose my footing on the loose, rocky (softball to basketball sized) surface.

Well it would have to scan at $1.71 INCLUDING tax considering it's a taxable item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member