CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prior drug charge could be why the family seems to think Bryce might be in hiding.
Not sure I believe it, after a month+ but I can see why they might.

Personally... The information regarding Bryce's involvement with drugs provides me with an opinion that he is more street savvy than what I expected from prior reports...

No judgement here... Just opening from experience...

JMO

There was no charges for sales due to the small recreational amount so honestly I think that takes it a tad too far. I think the drug use is instrumental in this case but using pot to get high and selling to make money are two very different offences. One with a probation sentence while the other is a minimum 5 year sentence at least in CA.

All just MOO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There's an interesting article in Harvard Medical School about the correlation between schizophrenia/psychosis and early use of marijuana

In one recent study that followed nearly 2,000 teenagers as became young adults, young people who smoked marijuana at least five times were twice as likely to have developed psychosis over the next 10 years as those who didn’t smoke pot.

With BL's odd behavior the days leading up, I think he was suffering from some kind of psychosis, possibly the onset of schizophrenia. This could have led to irrational behavior at Buttonwillow and the lake. I fear he is still somewhere at the lake.

On a side note. Schizophrenia and suicide do not have good statistics.

Four in ten people who suffer from schizophrenia attempt suicide.

One in ten people who suffer from schizophrenia dies by suicide.

Ughhh..that story gives me nightmares. I watched the 20/20 episode or something similar. So sad. Watching her poor dad talk about it and keep searching for her tears my heart out. Did you ever see the creepy video on YouTube of a older man laughing in a basement type setting saying happy anniversary on the date of her disappearance? Some have thought it could possibly be the person responsible. Very creepy to say the least!!

For those who are not familiar with that case, Wikipedia does a good job of encapsulating the facts: Disappearance of Maura Murray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:facepalm:

Thanks Voice4theSilent for the info about Bryce's conviction.

I've said it before, but I feel like I have to say it again -- This case reminds me SO much of the Maura Murray case. Now the two even have the legal trouble in common! It seems that Maura had been in trouble for credit card fraud and was on a 3 month probationary period for it at the time of her accident -- hence motivation to flee the scene.

I wonder if there's anything that we can learn from the case similarities? Probably not. I just had to mention it because it's blowing my mind right now.

Totally O/T. I just looked up that case and that creepy old man scares the crap out of me. His YouTube,Twitter and blog are just disgusting. Either he had something to do with her going missing or just some plain creep obsessed with her case.

The only difference I see is all the planning. She packed her stuff, emptied her accounts, mapquested and google searched. BL's seemed very spontaneous.

BTW has there been any news his laptop. After a month they have to have something.

And small amount of blood evidence ...

Still no answers about whose blood it was? Where it was located? How long deposited there?

Unbelievable! JMO

BL's Uncle is going to be on KFI radio in a couple of minutes.... 12:15 pm

Strange nothing has come back on it yet...Regarding the blood evidence

Still no answers about whose blood it was? Where it was located? How long deposited there?

Unbelievable! JMO

Unbelievable! JMO

This and results on the laptop? This will probably never be made public. I think some results may have been given to family but I doubt they will make it public either. I would guess they would not want to harm the investigation or cause embarrassment to themselves or Bryce, and I don't blame them for that.

Is it over?

Just ended.

Talked about sightings in OR; how family is holding up; BL experimented with marijuana; family's thoughts on what went down (possible amnesia) ... IOW, nothing new.

BBM

I don't think he was trying to turn around by going around the radio tower. The road and shoulders are wide enough and the traffic at that time sparse enough to make a U-turn.
I don't think he was trying to turn around road-wise, either. I do think he may have thought there was a service road there, though, and when he realized that it wasn't, he might have tried to turn around or even just back out and gotten stuck. (I've almost gotten myself stuck in soft sand right next to hard pack a few times and only got out with 4wd.) IMO, a Highlander isn't a very good SUV for offroading, especially if you have no idea what you are doing.

I don't think he was trying to turn around road-wise, either. I do think he may have thought there was a service road there, though, and when he realized that it wasn't, he might have tried to turn around or even just back out and gotten stuck. (I've almost gotten myself stuck in soft sand right next to hard pack a few times and only got out with 4wd.) IMO, a Highlander isn't a very good SUV for offroading, especially if you have no idea what you are doing.

Exactly. It was my thought that he was stuck in soft dirt or it got too narrow going around the tower & he tried to turn around & got angled too far down the cliff. Yellow Camaro gave a very detailed account a few threads ago of exactly what the area looked like & he said it did appear that is what happened. In the pitch dark of a place he'd never been, I can see him thinking he found a dark place to pull off, turned to the right where it appeared to be an access road, but then ended up going over the edge on the other side of the tower where the road stopped.

Just ended.

Talked about sightings in OR; how family is holding up; BL experimented with marijuana; family's thoughts on what went down (possible amnesia) ... IOW, nothing new.

the "experimenting" keeps confusing me.

I would think the lab results would have been back by now. What is going on??

Not sure what to say on the latest info.

Should possibly refrain for now, for fear of deletion or moderation.

*Worries about Bryce*

But we still go back to what was so important about the boat ramp itself that made him want to get in there to a degree that he looked for an unauthorized egress point when he found the gates locked, and the very real chance he could run into a Park Ranger and risk being detained.

There had to be some driving force to make him want to throw caution to the wind and get to the boat ramp by any means. It is the only point on the lake were he could coast the Highlander in with enough speed to have it float out before sinking. Anywhere along the shore line would have left is sticking out of the water or shallow enough to be noticed by boaters, swimmers or aircraft. The getting stuck and/or rolling it over was a game changer. If he was attempting suicide, he could have jumped off the dam or any dock and not bothered with the Highlander.

Ask any police officer what they find when they go magnet fishing off any park boat ramp, fish ladder or dock. In Philadelphia they checked off a boat ramp for the car in the Sharpless missing person case and found eleven cars they did not know were there. I have a lake near me where they yearly check off the boat ramp for cars...and find them.

But we still go back to what was so important about the boat ramp itself that made him want to get in there to a degree that he looked for an unauthorized egress point when he found the gates locked, and the very real chance he could run into a Park Ranger and risk being detained.

There had to be some driving force to make him want to throw caution to the wind and get to the boat ramp by any means. It is the only point on the lake were he could coast the Highlander in with enough speed to have it float out before sinking. Anywhere along the shore line would have left is sticking out of the water or shallow enough to be noticed by boaters, swimmers or aircraft. The getting stuck and/or rolling it over was a game changer. If he was attempting suicide, he could have jumped off the dam or any dock and not bothered with the Highlander.

Ask any police officer what they find when they go magnet fishing off any park boat ramp, fish ladder or dock. In Philadelphia they checked off a boat ramp for the car in the Sharpless missing person case and found eleven cars they did not know were there. I have a lake near me where they yearly check off the boat ramp for cars...and find them.

True.

He could not have jumped off the damn. It slops down and he would have just rolled. If he jumped off a dock he would float. IF he was suicidal he could have been thinking the car would weigh him down. I

If he was trying to start a new life, he could have been trying to get the car into the lake and instead crashed it.

Or if he is having some kind of mental break, he could be hallucinating.

Strange nothing has come back on it yet...Regarding the blood evidence

Hello, Caron. I noticed you are now a verified insider (yay!) Are there certain things you are and are not allowed to post? (I don't know much about what being a verified insider allows.) Will some of your previous posts that were deleted be allowed? Thanks!

IMO. This is what I am getting, and have gotten all along.
Bryce breaks up with his GF, of 7 months.
While at his GF house friends take his keys away, there was a reason for that.
Talks to mom over the phone, he leads her to believe he is going home, which IMO he did.
Left Chico, not sure when the gas purchase he made before starting his trip.
Runs out of gas in Buttonwillow, Mom at this time has no clue he is "on his way home."
Calls for gas, at noon mom finds out he has called for gas, this is the first she knows he is not at school.
He does not answer his phone when she is calling him, but I would think when he gets his wellness check he knows someone asked for it.
When LE approached him that night he had to of known that his mom pinged his phone. Bet LE told him why they were there and how they found him.
IMO there would be no reason for him to be driving on the road he was driving on when his SUV went over the embankment, other than he was purposefully looking for a place to ditch it, along with his phone that had been pinged. It will be real interesting to find out if his laptop and phone were wiped clean, if so why would that be? We will just have to wait for the results of that.
IMO Bryce was going somewhere that he did not want his parents to know about and when he got his wellness check and LE finding him he had to get rid of the SUV and his phone.
I still think he had a pay as you go phone, was communicating with someone, they picked him up, he is with them and at this time does not want to be found.
All of this is IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member