CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From FB page ...

Looks like a billboard - location? Or image/graphic just made to look like a billboard?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201441478592381&set=o.619709491406791&type=1&theater

[Blows margins by just a little so I left it.]

1383821_10201441478592381_1189457271_n.jpg

Ok, I'll bite. Which medical needs in particular???

Yes, I just tried the link as well and the page is down.

Just regarding the blood evidence and other things. Blood results would take less than 24 hours. Even if a laptop is 'wiped', unless you put a screwdriver or something through the hard drive it is retrievable. I would be very surprised if the laptop wasn't intact.
IMO the results are through but basically - it's none of our business.
Police have their own reasons for withholding information.
Let's hope the FB page being down means some good news and/or positive developments in this sad case. :twocents: :rose:
JMO

I think it is just that link that is not working. FB is up. ty

Could the medical need be because of the theory he is suffering amnesia from the crash?

NOT AT ALL INSINUATING THIS IS THE CASE HERE: When pets go missing, agencies often suggest adding language to the effect of that said pet needing medical attention in an effort to get people to look, and to be helpful, and to stress the urgency of finding said pet.

ETA: [even when no such attention is actually necessary.]

NOT AT ALL INSINUATING THIS IS THE CASE HERE: When pets go missing, agencies often suggest adding language to the effect of that said pet needing medical attention in an effort to get people to look, and to be helpful, and to stress the urgency of finding said pet.

If overused/abused, sounds like that approach would result in a "cry wolf" scenario. JMO

That was my first thought too. Maybe that's what they needed to say or post in order to increase the urgency. Not to discount any needs he might have.

Yes, I just tried the link as well and the page is down.

Just regarding the blood evidence and other things. Blood results would take less than 24 hours. Even if a laptop is 'wiped', unless you put a screwdriver or something through the hard drive it is retrievable. I would be very surprised if the laptop wasn't intact.
IMO the results are through but basically - it's none of our business.
Police have their own reasons for withholding information.
Let's hope the FB page being down means some good news and/or positive developments in this sad case. :twocents: :rose:
JMO

So if his laptop had been wiped, do you think LE would suspect that someone other than Bryce would have done that? Would they still get into the hard drive, thinking Bryce wiped it?

So if his laptop had been wiped, do you think LE would suspect that someone other than Bryce would have done that? Would they still get into the hard drive, thinking Bryce wiped it?

Can't second guess what LE would think but nevertheless I'm sure they would retrieve the data.
Doesn't make sense to me that Bryce would have wiped the laptop, he could have just chucked it.
Is there anything in MSM to suggest it had been wiped?
Something niggles me about this case, or someone - not Bryce.:twocents:

The Find Bryce page isn't / wasn't down. Just the link that's been posted here: https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA/posts/634744633236610

The family deleted that post & "redid" it. Too bad, since lots of comments were lost, including several by the person who heard from LE in Port Orford abouthe sighting & reported it. She was really upset by the post, since she felt it was calling her a liar. I understand her feelings, but I also understand that if the family couldn't get anyone from Port Orford LE to confirm the information, that they have to make the statement they did. We all know LE knows lots of things all the time & won't officially confirm it. It doesn't make the person who reported it a liar.

And you are very welcome to that opinion. But it isn't mine. :) Most of the rest of the world never understood "Pyrrhonist" when I used it in high school and college, either. They thought I liked to set fires....

Then you should've hung out with smarter people!
It means you are a follower of Pyrrho: makes you an extreme skeptic.
That means WS is a great place for you !

I'm closing the thread for a bit for some cleanup. I will start thread #2 in a bit.

I believe this is within the rules to post:

Online I found a Class A Misdemeanor conviction Bryce had back in July 2012 (as an adult) in Illinois. It was for 10-30 grams of marijuana (which, in my opinion, isn't a small amount...approximately 30-60 joints worth. If he was convicted of over 30 grams it would have been a felony.) He was sentenced to a fine of $7,500 and 12 months of Supervision which ended recently on 7/18/2013. This conviction would have been after he graduated from High School and about a month before he started college (and, depending on when they moved, just prior to his family relocating to California.) "Fresh start?"

<modsnip>

Also, his supervision period recently ended (I don't know if he was subject to random drug tests as a result during the 12 month period but I wouldn't be surprised if he was) and within a month and a half later he admitted he took "at least on pill" (illegally.) His girlfriend was concerned enough to tell his mom about it. I would think that mom would have known about this conviction (more than likely also paid his expensive fine.) Might also be motivation to be vague to the media about how many pills Bryce took ("at least one".)

The above might be the catalyst behind any motivation he might have to disappear for awhile. Afraid he might get into trouble with law enforcement for using drugs again, possibly facing jail time? Afraid he won't be able to have his record expunged (perhaps his family put emphasis on this being important for his future?) Afraid of what his family would think after helping him through his prior arrest? Upset that he may have disappointed his girlfriend, roommate, friends and/or parents? Not quite ready to stop the partying? Thoughts?

Link: https://www.judici.com/courts/cases...J&ocl=IL078015J,2012CM73,IL078015JL2012CM73D1

Since he drove his vehicle illegally around the gates, crashed his vehicle and left it on the road (probably blocking access for everyone else), he may feel he is in big trouble (with parents, police?). I think we have to keep in mind his age. He did a dumb thing and he knows it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419