CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now on thread #4. I think we've discussed every possibility we can think of...no matter how remote. For those of you who have been following this from the beginning, I'm interested in how you feel about things right now....just a quick poll. What is your gut telling you?:

A) He's alive and well and intentionally hiding out (with or without help from someone)
B) He's alive and wandering/lost with amnesia or some other TBI or mental illness that's preventing him from knowing who he is
C) He's no longer with us (whether foul play or suicide)

How about D, none of the above, cause, LE, Media, and/or family has not given us enough information to draw a full conclusion on these three options

Oh I was so hoping Bryce had been found....I have been off for ten days as I lost my home in the floods. Finally just today got back on internet and came to check immediately... My heart sank.... Still holding hope he is okay... can anyone catch me up please??? Thank you

Oh I was so hoping Bryce had been found....I have been off for ten days as I lost my home in the floods. Finally just today got back on internet and came to check immediately... My heart sank.... Still holding hope he is okay... can anyone catch me up please??? Thank you

Oh Portabella... So sorry to hear that. Can I help in any way?

I'm so sorry you lost your home, Portabella. :hug: I hope all of your family is okay.

On a good note, please go back just one page to read today's posts. There may be some genuine sightings of Bryce.

I have no gut feelings as to what happened to BL. Really--a puzzling and frustrating one to me. I just don't know, so still hope for the best at this point...

Random thoughts:

If BL planned his disappearance: If his roommate/friend (SD) was so important to him as evidenced by his last text msg ("You are the best person I've ever met. You saved my soul.") , then I have trouble understanding how he would have not let the roommate know. After all, he would be leaving SD in the lurch, having to deal with the presumed shared apt rent, and that would not be a nice thing to do to someone who you think so highly of.

Also, sure am curious as to what kind of text msgs were on his phone during the time he was on this trip. Most young people his age text very often, so what kind of texts were made back and forth, and by whom? What were the nature of the texts? Even if they were mundane texts...even that could shed light on state of mind. Especially wondering for the time period he was in the Buttonwillow area for hours and hours.

BBM I think he did let the roommate know. Roomie made a comment to the effect that he & Bryce made promises to each other and he intended on keeping them. Someone else noted that the roomie was tweeting a couple of weeks ago about moving out or possibly moving to NYC. That's not a decision you make overnight, nor is that something you decide very shortly after your roomie and close friend goes missing...unless you already know he's not coming back.

I've been following this case for several days without posting, but some posts by others have helped me put some thoughts together (for whatever they're worth).

My first 3 points below suggest the roomie possibly talked Bryce out of committing suicide, and perhaps even bargained with him that he wouldn't reveal Bryce's whereabouts (if Bryce didn't commit suicide) if Bryce left to 'find himself.' The roomie isn't worried about Bryce's whereabouts b/c he and Bryce made a serious pact.

Points 4-6 further suggest to me that Bryce wanted to drop out of sight so he quit going to classes and dealt with his gf and mother to keep them away from him (so he COULD drop out of sight).

1) the roomie's interview saying Bryce messaged him with "You are the best person I've ever met. You saved my soul."
2) the roomie saying he and Bryce had made promises to one another and he intended on keeping them.
3) roomie saying in an interview that he wasn't worried about Bryce and that he thought Bryce didn't want to be found.

4) Bryce "breaks up" or doesn't break up with his gf. I'm thinking he didn't actually break up with her---but he knew he was going to disappear for a while and he tried to let her know she wouldn't be hearing from him for some length of time (without actually saying it).
5) Bryce stops going to classes (sort of drops out).
6) Bryce tells his mother he doesn't want her to fly up to see him at his college; also tells his mother they have a lot to talk about.

Oh, yeah---and he took Adderall b/c he was in crisis mode.

So I think Bryce gave up his life at college for a reason I don't presume to know anything about, and he's out there trying to find himself. Needless to say, my ideas are my own opinion---and may not account for all the details in the case.

Thanks for listening!

Okay, Portabella. Take a look at post #162. I think that gives the most updated info on the truck they're looking for - the driver possibly gave Bryce a ride out of the area following his crash.

If there is any creditability to the sighting in Tehachapi Ca. called in anonymously, it could have been the apartment manager. Most managers know their tenants and sure as heck would not want to risk their job by giving out much information. No name was given to the apartment complex but there are only 8 apartment complexes listed in apartment guide for Tehachapi. It is not a hugely populated town.

If there is any creditability to the sighting in Tehachapi Ca. called in anonymously, it could have been the apartment manager. Most managers know their tenants and sure as heck would not want to risk their job by giving out much information. No name was given to the apartment complex but there are only 8 apartment complexes listed in apartment guide for Tehachapi. It is not a hugely populated town.

I wonder if any of his family is aware of a friend he might have in Tehachapi. Maybe a classmate? I wonder if any of his classmates have also stopped attending classes.

I haven't seen any updates here or on the FBL FB page for a while, so I was hopeful that a new development in the search was about to emerge. Or, is it just that it's getting late? (But, it's really not that late in CA).

If this was all a plan, as suggested by some, why leave his things behind? Why make it look as though he may be dead or injured? Especially now, if he is staying with someone in the general area, would he be punishing his parents for some reason? Some people his age might like the idea of worrying their parents, I guess.

I still don't see him getting away from that area without calling or texting someone for a ride, unless indeed he was completely out of it, due to drugs and/or shock. But both wear off, as a rule. JMO

OT: Portabella, I'm so sorry about your home. Did all of your family and pets make it out okay??? Do you have a place to stay?

If this was all a plan, as suggested by some, why leave his things behind? Why make it look as though he may be dead or injured? Especially now, if he is staying with someone in the general area, would he be punishing his parents for some reason? Some people his age might like the idea of worrying their parents, I guess.

I still don't see him getting away from that area without calling or texting someone for a ride, unless indeed he was completely out of it, due to drugs and/or shock. But both wear off, as a rule. JMO

A possible scenario is that he may have intended just to destroy the car, not intentionally make it look like he was injured or dead. He may have also left the phone and computer behind because they belonged to his parents and he knew they could track him if he brought his cell phone. There could also be a million other reasons; too difficult to say with the little information that we have to go off of.

If we go by Occam's Razor, the simpliest explanation with the least amount of assumptions...........

We know Bryce was in Buttonwillow. We know his vehicle was on Lake Hughes Rd. we know that vehicle went over the embankment and landed on it's side. We have two different sets of dogs, one tracking scent to the lake/dam area, one tracking scent out of the park. After an extensive search, he has not been found, dead or alive.

What does that tell us? Which set of dogs do we believe?

If we go by Occam's Razor, the simpliest explanation with the least amount of assumptions...........

We know Bryce was in Buttonwillow. We know his vehicle was on Lake Hughes Rd. we know that vehicle went over the embankment and landed on it's side. We have two different sets of dogs, one tracking scent to the lake/dam area, one tracking scent out of the park. After an extensive search, he has not been found, dead or alive.

What does that tell us? Which set of dogs do we believe?

We need a third set of dogs to break the tie :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

((Hugs)) so sorry to hear of your loss! And I felt the same way when I logged in tonight. I am really looking forward to the day I log in and see 'found safe' on this thread :)

Thanks to Rosegarden and Kevsrebla for getting me the truck info

OK, time to clear some things up again,

I haven't been on here for a while because I have been very busy doing other things pertaining to finding Bryce.

NO, the family didn't receive any information that we are withholding, I wish that was the case.

My sister has decided to do a candlelight vigil (for the 30 day mark) to do a prayer for the hopeful return of Bryce.
And if you really must know why I haven't been on here and to clear up your wild speculations, I have been working with vendors, locations, etc trying to put something together INSTEAD of a vigil, mainly because when I think of a candlelight vigil, I think it is for someone who is no longer with us. I have had many people tell me it is Ok to do a vigil and it is for both hope and prayer for the living, it is just me, my feelings about the vigil, so I have been busting my *advertiser censored* trying to put something else together.
Well I couldn't do it quick enough, so a vigil it is.
NOW, I will also be helping someone here in Naperville, IL. coordinate a vigil to be done here in Illinois on Monday also (because it is my sisters wishes)
So please, unless you've walked in my shoes, or spent 16-18 hours daily trying to put things together, don't think I "went away" to keep information from you. I have been on here trying to give as much information as possible; when I have time.

The sighting in Oregon:
still hoping it is valid, LE in those areas are all aware, many volunteers continue to post flyers.

The sightings in the SCV areas:
Volunteers still posting flyers. Searches of many areas continue. Family conducted a search with a tracker / bounty hunter - no results

The sighting in Tehachapi:
Volunteers were on this immediately, one person who resembles Bryce was found within 2 hours BUT he states he wasn't near any apartment buildings so we will leave that one as "open" and continue looking in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member