CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article Elisa was found by the maintenance man at the bottom of the tank.

I sure wish everyone would get the facts of this case straight.

JMO

I'm sure I've read other conflicting media accounts, but no matter.
I'm wondering why we've been shown dark, oily black water remnants
in the tank, been treated to details of black water coming from pipes,
and yet the maintenance guy can see clear as day to the bottom of
the tank.

I did not post a nude photo of the Black Dahlia disembered body, I believe I posted a link with a warning that the photo was not to be viewed by the squeamish , and I posted a statue by Salvador Dali which closely resembled her dismembered body.

There are enough ridiculously high-profile coincidences, dramatically dark histories, and highly improbable scenarios going on with this whole Elisa Lam thing that I am starting to suspect that the whole thing is a hoax.
From the release of the elevator footage to the salacious nature of the tainted drinking water to the almost supernaturally close synchs with the Dark Water films, forgive me, but that is the way I am starting to view this thing. A possible hoax.

Perhaps created as a huge distraction . diversion and indulgence. Possibly another divisive 'men are evil violent perverts' propaganda piece intended to play to CNN's feminist viewership.
I don't think it is a hoax. Wouldn't that be a terrible thing telling Elisa's parents that she is deceased if it weren't so? That would be unforgivable. It might have some similarities, but sadly I believe it is all too real.

I have not looked yet-but are you watching it on Netflex?

Here it is

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlkL2zpb-Q0"]Dark Water Japanese Version (English Legend) (2002) - YouTube[/ame]

Hi guys,

this is a chinese blog of the "investigators" that went inside Cecil to take video and pics.
(they took the one with first person view from the elevator, and also went up to the roof through the fire escape on the exterior of the building)

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/2247091150

Good Find 4Seasons..Thanks

Am I the only one amazed by the Chinese coming here to investigate this crime?

Just saying, how many Americans have travelled overseas to investigate another American's mysterious death on foreign lands, soil?

Just saying, how many Americans have travelled overseas to investigate another American's mysterious death on foreign lands, soil?

When they push open that door to test if it's got a working alarm or not, then I will be impressed.

Am I the only amazed by the Chinese coming here to investigate this crime?

Just saying, how many Americans have travelled overseas to investigate another american's death on foreign lands, soil?

as far as i know, they do live in the area but they did spend their time and money and stayed at Cecil so they can take precious videos and pics for the rest of us.

(the a reporter did fly in from Taiwan to stay at Cecil and investigate)

I saw that someone already explained that Tumblr has an auto-queue feature, but I haven't seen anyone explain why it exists, so I'll explain why. One reason is that it's part of Tumblr etiquette to use it--it's considered rude to post a ton of stuff in real-time, because your friends will have to scroll and scroll and scroll to see any of their other friends posts on their dashboard. If you sit and tumble for an hour or two, it's really easy to post a MASSIVE amount of stuff. Reblogging takes only a second, and original posts can be made pretty quickly, especially if you use a Tumblr extension on your browser.

Another reason is that it keeps your Tumblr consistently active. If you post in real-time, only your friends who are only at the same time (and shortly afterward) will ever see your posts. I've got a few hundred people following me and vice versa--people follow each other MUCH easier than on a site like Facebook. (I think it's because Tumblr is less personal and more anonymous than Facebook. It's more like the web used to be.). I can't possibly see everything my friends post, but I'm more likely to see a particular person's post if they auto-queue. Here's Tumblr's explanation--they might explain it better than me: http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/advanced_post_options#queue

The hermit makes sense to me--it's how she thought of herself. Despite her friendliness, she writes a lot about feelings of isolation.

While posts in Tumblr can certainly be queued, I still want to discuss this a bit more as the frequency between posts are quite strange. If you look at her posting frequency, it seems that up until last week the posts were queued to post basically daily. I'm attaching screenshots of how the Tumblr queue works. Basically you can pick the number of posts you want to queue up each day. It appears that she didn't use the queue system here for this latest post because several days have gone by before the previous posts, whereas for those actually in the queue at least 1 post would queue up each day. It looks like if she did post this herself before she died, it would have to be via an exact schedule, which I also show a screenshot of how scheduling in Tumblr works. You can schedule at an exact day and time. But it seems like strange behavior that she would be basically queueing up posts at least once a day up until 1 week ago, and suddenly a week later a new post pops up. It's definitely possible that she manually scheduled this one but there must still be something about this post that makes her schedule it almost a month later and that itself is very interesting.

I think it might be worthwhile to check with someone that works in Tumblr on when exactly her last login/request was to the Tumblr server, and check the IP address of that last login/request since this could potentially be very important evidence.

tumblr_queue.png

tumblr_publishing.png

When they push open that door to test if it's got a working alarm or not, then I will be impressed.

they pushed open the fire escape to the exterior of the building, there were no alarm, and they waited for a good 5 min to see if anyone will come up to investigate, none came, so they went to the roof. they did not try to other door that said "alarm".

I will not say that it is related to the movie dark water. I'm watching it because I love foreign horror films and I was intrigued after seeing it posted so many times in this thread. I got curious . I have had to pause it about 40 times so since 10 am I've just past the one hour point...... :) But it is completely bizarre and uncanny how many elevator scenes there have been so far ..........and the zoom into the buttons in particular. I'm sure it's unrelated but if you love coincidence, give it a try ! I'll try to finish and report back soon !

SCHMAE -- Thanks, I'm going to go rent "Dark Water"

It's way too eerie of the coincidences between Elisa's murder and the movie

I feel as though I'm the only one on this thread believing it's a CopyCat Murder...Cecil Hotel always has alot of folks with mental disabilities living there, it's near Skid Row, the Cecil has a freaky past, and it's in Los Angeles, etc, etc

Here's what forensics say about a profile of a CopyCat Killer

It has been shown that most of the persons who mimic crimes seen in the media (especially news and violent movies) have in most cases prior criminal records, prior severe mental health problems or histories of violence suggesting that the effect of the media is indirect (more affecting criminal behaviour) rather than direct (directly affecting the number of criminals)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_crime#cite_note-Surette-2

Oh they came here from China?
I thought they must be American since the Avatar was in English, with a Danger sign. Then all that writing done in Putangua or whatever threw me.

I will not say that it is related to the movie dark water. I'm watching it because I love foreign horror films and I was intrigued after seeing it posted so many times in this thread. I got curious . I have had to pause it about 40 times so since 10 am I've just past the one hour point...... :) But it is completely bizarre and uncanny how many elevator scenes there have been so far ..........and the zoom into the buttons in particular. I'm sure it's unrelated but if you love coincidence, give it a try ! I'll try to finish and report back soon !
I can't watch those types of movies as they are too eerie and ominously evil in nature :( Even reading some of these WS posts on EL case is getting to me :(

I'm sure I've read other conflicting media accounts, but no matter.
I'm wondering why we've been shown dark, oily black water remnants
in the tank, been treated to details of black water coming from pipes,
and yet the maintenance guy can see clear as day to the bottom of
the tank.

My thoughts exactly! Especially if the tank was 3/4 full as it has been reported. I imagine the water was rather dark and cloudy by that point as well.

Also, earlier there had been some questions about the security and whether or not they are hired in...here is a photo on the blog someone linked earlier and a shot of the security guard's badge.
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/2247091150

OK FWIW ,,,, Dark Water is an interesting film and really although there is much talk about that tank on top of the building, the ELEVATOR in this film has far more significance . Weird and I'm not sure what I think. Please watch and if you've never seen a japanese horror film, prepare yourself. They're quite fun !

SCHMAE -- Thanks, I'm going to go rent "Dark Water"

It's way too eerie of the coincidences between Elisa's murder and the movie

I feel as though I'm the only one on this thread believing it's a CopyCat Murder...Cecil Hotel always has alot of folks with mental disabilities living there, it's near Skid Row, the Cecil has a freaky past, and it's in Los Angeles, etc, etc

Here's what forensics say about a profile of a CopyCat Killer

It has been shown that most of the persons who mimic crimes seen in the media (especially news and violent movies) have in most cases prior criminal records, prior severe mental health problems or histories of violence suggesting that the effect of the media is indirect (more affecting criminal behaviour) rather than direct (directly affecting the number of criminals)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_crime#cite_note-Surette-2

You can just click that link above and it'll play on youtube. Save your money!

they pushed open the fire escape to the exterior of the building, there were no alarm, and they waited for a good 5 min to see if anyone will come up to investigate, none came, so they went to the roof. they did not try to other door that said "alarm".

I know that. I have no idea why they were afraid. What's more important - to determine whether it works and how it works, possibly to be kicked out of the hotel in the process, or play it safe and don't try it.

I don't know why they would have gone to all that effort and stop short.

Oh they came here from China?
I thought they must be American since the Avatar was in English, with a Danger sign. Then all that writing done in Putangua or whatever threw me.

I read another poster said 1-2 Chinese came to LA from Taiwan, the other Chinese group live in the USA

It sounded to me that many from China travelled to see this crime scene/hotel

It's definitely possible that she manually scheduled this one but there must still be something about this post that makes her schedule it almost a month later and that itself is very interesting.

That Hermit is from the Rider-Waite deck of cards designed by William Butler Yeats and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetic_Order_of_the_Golden_Dawn"]Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame].

tumblr_mbz70tqS1S1r6mibzo1_400.jpg

My thoughts exactly! Especially if the tank was 3/4 full as it has been reported. I imagine the water was rather dark and cloudy by that point as well.

Also, earlier there had been some questions about the security and whether or not they are hired in...here is a photo on the blog someone linked earlier and a shot of the security guard's badge.

Yesterday, in fact, on CNN an anchor was reading the story and stumbled because she said the body was found face down. Then she backed up and made a big deal of correcting herself to say, "the body was found floating face up near the top of the tank".
Now, if I throw in the discrepancies over the appearance of the water, every time it's been shown, whether coming out of the faucet, or running out of a drainpipe into the street, the water was clear. Now when people are just talking about the water, it's black and smelly and disgusting, except the fireman (who came instead of police who I personally have not seen in any video or photo investigating the scene yet), do not behave as if they are gagging in any way or having any problems at all dealing with what the hotel
"witnesses" have described. This is how rumors get started and people start thinking she was never found in any water tank, at all.

So we are supposed to be believing every word quoted in the MSM here?

LA media reported this story on Feb 27th...the coroner's not denying the possibility of evidence available to him

It is the mysterious death of Canadian woman Elisa Lam. The Los Angeles Police Department has denied internet rumors on the cause of her death.

As the investigation continues into the death of the Canadian tourist whose body was discovered in a water tank atop a downtown Los Angeles hotel, the case has attract intensive attention at home and abroad. The head of communication from the LADP, Andrew Smith, says there are no outward signs of physical trauma on Lam’s body. And the cause of death has not been determined. Smith denied the rumour that a hotel staff was listed as a suspect, saying the police has not yet implicated anyone. They will wait for the final report from forensic experts.

Andrew Smith, LA Police Department, said:" The coroner didn’t say that there is no evidence, it’s not classified as suicide. It’s undermined right now."

http://english.cntv.cn/program/newsupdate/20130227/106020.shtml

I know that. I have no idea why they were afraid. What's more important - to determine whether it works and how it works, possibly to be kicked out of the hotel in the process, or play it safe and don't try it.

I don't know why they would have gone to all that effort and stop short.

that i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member