CA - Child *advertiser censored* charges against John Mark Karr dismissed

I think you have to do something pretty serious to get on the state list. I don't know if Hamilton has a really high percentage. I had gone online to look up Bessemer - about 12,000 families - there are 3 registered offenders there. So 18 in one little tiny town seemed huge to me. News broadcasts say they want JMK outta there - but he is just a drop in their bucket isn't he?

Details said:
Wow - 1 for every 1000 families. By some stats, that means every single family in that town has a victim...

oops, that's for pedophiles - hmmm - registered sex offenders here. So, is that the usual misleading title used for the kids who were caught urinating in the bushes after a drunken party? Or are these real sex offenders - rapists, pedophiles, etc.

snowbird01 said:
I think you have to do something pretty serious to get on the state list. I don't know if Hamilton has a really high percentage. I had gone online to look up Bessemer - about 12,000 families - there are 3 registered offenders there. So 18 in one little tiny town seemed huge to me. News broadcasts say they want JMK outta there - but he is just a drop in their bucket isn't he?
Depends. Sometimes police departments or city gov't may be lax in their reporting, to look safer than they are - other times they may be extremely rigid, to look tough on sex offenders. But in a lot of places, technically, that kid peeing in the yard is a sex offender. This little town may just have a judge unwilling to take that stigma from anyone convicted there, no matter what the offense. Or they may indeed have a problem - but there's a lot of different ways those statistics can be mangled.

snowbird01 said:
What are the odds? The little town (of about 1800 families)of Hamilton AL, where JMK spent his teenage years, has 18 registered sex offenders. Is that a record percentage? Is there something in the water? Mr. Karr is NOT a registered sex offender..... apparently he just talks like one on TV.
Oh even though he is "NOT A SEX OFFENDER", yea right, it appears he wants to live amongst his own. Birds of a feather stick together. What a sick little man he is, or at last reading, is he still a man?:crazy:

I feel sorry for anyone living in such a small area with that many sex offenders.:banghead:

Gozgals

When I first moved to the little town I live in now I looked up the sex offenders and was shocked to see that we have quite a few and they all live at the same address. I felt really foolish when my husband pointed out that it was the address of the county jail.

:laugh: Ah ha ha ha!! Thanks for the chuckle!

Mabel said:
When I first moved to the little town I live in now I looked up the sex offenders and was shocked to see that we have quite a few and they all live at the same address. I felt really foolish when my husband pointed out that it was the address of the county jail.

snowbird01 said:

This is one of the scarier people walking free but in order to be required to register; don't you have to be convicted of a sex crime? Has Karr been convicted and if so, perhaps he was lucky enough to have been convicted before the laws went into effect? If so, we may have to work on having those laws changed.

Buzzm1 said:
But can we really believe anything that coems out of Sonoma County scandi?? LOL. They have been known to lie.
This is one of Buzzm's very last posts from September 21, 2006. He seemed in fine fiddle but hasn't posted at Websleuths since that date. Does anyone know him personally? Does anyone know if something happened to him?
He gave no indication of going on vacation or that anything special was coming up.
What has become of him?

I know Nora, I got real misty as I read your post. I thought the 20th was his last post.

I don't know if he just decided to stop posting here - he has done that before, and it was during Laci's case when he just took a break for awhile and stopped posting.

I miss him being here so much - he was my sponser when I joined WS 3 years ago and we have dsiscussed everything from here to kingdom come together on this site. I know a girl he knows here where I live as he has helped her so much after he witnessed an awful car accident she was involved in up in Northern California. I need to call her, as I have met her before.

After Buzz hadn't posted for about 15 days, I called and talked to this gal. I told her I was so worried about him and so she called him and she called me back and he had told her he was fine. His computer had gone out, but you know he'd have that fixed in a day or two. I try to visualize him in his apt, with his big storage room full of every great buy from Costco he could carry home, and his kitchen all organized to make dinner.

Now it is what, another month later. Tomorrow I will call her again. I might try to email him, as he is still a member I think but just not posting. I pray to God he is really OK.

To me Buzz is the best friend I ever had without even having to meet him in person. That says mountains Nora.

Scandi

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post a note about BUZZ. I just got off the phone with Vanessa, the gal who Buzz met when he watched her car become involved in a multi-car pileup on a northern California freeway. He always stays in touch with her to make sure she and her daughter who he calls Little Vanessa, are OK and see if they need anything. That's our Buzz for ya ;}

Anyway, Vanessa said she talked briefly to Buzz two days ago. She was in a flux as Little Vanessa had just sprained her arm, but she said he will be calling her soon.

I asked to to please tell him that so many people on the forum have commented on how much he is missed, and that we are concerned about him, hoping everything is OK. She said yes she would tell him that, and then said she thinks he might still be having computer problems.

If I hear anything else I'll update you.

xoxox Scandi

Thank you very much Scandi for following up!

I was especially enjoying discussing the John Mark Karr dude with him. Buzzm disappeared
so abruptly that it concerned me. I hadn't thought of computer problems, but there didn't seem
to be any reason for him to just up and disappear. All his posts I found around that time were
of an upbeat nature with not alot of upset going on as in the Peterson case.

Keep us posted?

Speaking of computer problems, I wonder if John Mark Karr ever got his laptop back.

scandi said:
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post a note about BUZZ. I asked to to please tell him that so many people on the forum have commented on how much he is missed, and that we are concerned about him, hoping everything is OK. She said yes she would tell him that, and then said she thinks he might still be having computer problems.

If I hear anything else I'll update you.

xoxox Scandi
Thanks for posting this, Scandi. I've been worried about Buzz, and missing him a lot. I hope he is ok. (I have this picture in my mind of Buzz trapped in a maze of all his Costco bargains, with no way to escape!)

Breaking news on Fox moments ago...

John Mark Karr arrested in Georgia for a domestic dispute - involving him, his father and JMK's "girlfriend." JMK then complained of chest pains, and was sent to hospital for observation.

I haven't seen a news link yet, but should be up soon...

ETA:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288530,00.html

Breaking news on Fox moments ago...

John Mark Karr arrested in Georgia for a domestic dispute - involving him, his father and JMK's "girlfriend." JMK then complained of chest pains, and was sent to hospital for observation.

I haven't seen a news link yet, but should be up soon...

EWWWWWWW...go away, JMK. :snooty:

What the He!! is wrong with the girlfriend???
Who would date this psycho???

Oh my heavens. Wasn't the dad like mad at him? True life is stranger than fiction. I thought that bizerker was in some sort of well place for people like him. Wherever that may be. God forbid maybe he was birthing the poor girlfriends child at home or something. Plus, has he not got his operation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte
Back