CA CA - Davohnte Morgan, 28, left hotel for a walk, Mt. Shasta, 4 May 2020 *reward*

98159457_2193566887455834_6602017066469818368_n.jpg

Davohnte Van Morgan – The Charley Project
Facebook
Sassy responses by the Mt Shasta PD but I can't really blame them lol.
i dislike when LE is sassy and rude. its best to ignore regular folx being trolls or expressing negative opinion and feels more professional to me. they can address rumors at press conferences.

If the ex is really his ex, she sure posts about him a LOT on all forms of social media

well, they had argued and broken up the day he disappeared so maybe it wasnt a permanent split, maybe feelings still there, maybe she feels somehow guilty because he walked away and may have came to misfortune.

No new information, sadly.

SEP 14, 2021
Unsolved disappearances in Siskiyou County without answers in 2021
Davohnte Morgan was visiting Mount Shasta from the San Francisco Bay Area with his girlfriend at the time of his disappearance. He was last seen on surveillance video walking on N. Mt. Shasta Boulevard on the morning of May 5, 2020.

Morgan's girlfriend told police they got in an argument on May 4 and broke up. The next day, she said he left Cold Creek Inn for a walk. When she was returning to her room, she told police she passed Morgan but they didn't speak. He was never seen or heard from again.

There is a $25,000 reward being offered for information that leads to finding Morgan.

Davohnte Morgan is not the unidentified man who perished in the Almeda Fire near Ashland OR in September 2020.

Third Almeda Fire victim positively identified - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
Very sad for this man’s family, but at least they know. :(

The final unidentified victim of the September, 8 2020 Almeda Fire has been positively identified. Derrick Glenn Mills, 55, originally from Yreka, Calif. was found deceased approximately one mile from the fire’s origin. Mills was reported missing in March of 2021. Late last month, an extended family member provided a DNA sample that ultimately identified him as the remaining Almeda Fire victim.

An autopsy conducted on September 9 confirmed Mills perished in the fire. His cause of death was determined to be thermal injuries and inhalation. There are no indications of suspicious circumstances surrounding Mills’ death.

If Davohnte "deliberately disappeared" due to perhaps depression caused by the fight and break up with his girlfriend and made his way to Los Angeles, and slightly altered his appearance by shaving his head bald and refused to carry identification or a phone, than this unidentified decedent just may be Davohnte : Unidentified Remains (full photograph) : The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

If Davohnte "deliberately disappeared" due to perhaps depression caused by the fight and break up with his girlfriend and made his way to Los Angeles, and slightly altered his appearance by shaving his head bald and refused to carry identification or a phone, than this unidentified decedent just may be Davohnte : Unidentified Remains (full photograph) : The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

No tattoos listed for the remains listed, and Davohnte had tatts on his hands at the very least.

moo

MAY 5, 2022
[...]

The last footage the department has of Davohnte was a short time after 9 a.m. walking down South Mt. Shasta Boulevard on May 5.

On May 7, 2020, his girlfriend reported him missing.

Police were able to track the movements of Davohnte on 10 surveillance cameras, at six different locations, between 9 a.m. 10 a.m. on the morning of his disappearance.

Cell phone records show that the last time his phone had been pinged, it was to a location in Oakland, California on May 3rd, the day before he arrived in Mt. Shasta.

A second ping was done approximately a week later and confirmed that the phone had still not been turned on.

The department also followed up on the use of a debit card believed to be in his possession, but the card was confirmed to not have been used since May 4th.

[...]

The family has hired a private investigator and are now offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to his return.

No new information, sadly.

SEP 14, 2021
Unsolved disappearances in Siskiyou County without answers in 2021
Davohnte Morgan was visiting Mount Shasta from the San Francisco Bay Area with his girlfriend at the time of his disappearance. He was last seen on surveillance video walking on N. Mt. Shasta Boulevard on the morning of May 5, 2020.

Morgan's girlfriend told police they got in an argument on May 4 and broke up. The next day, she said he left Cold Creek Inn for a walk. When she was returning to her room, she told police she passed Morgan but they didn't speak. He was never seen or heard from again.

There is a $25,000 reward being offered for information that leads to finding Morgan.
I don't want to point fingers with no evidence. And yet this case has no leads it seems, after all this time.

We know he was seen walking around town on the morning of the 5th. His gf said she never heard from or saw him again...

Have the police found enough evidence to know if that is 100% true? Could they have met back up somewhere later and things went sideways?

MAY 8, 2023

Investigators say they are considering his disappearance “suspicious” and that a missing persons case like this is not normal for the small police department.

Mt. Shasta Police Department Sergeant Devon Priddy said, “This isn’t a cold case, it’s not going away. This is not common for the Mt. Shasta Police Department to have a missing persons case go this long, but we are constantly reviewing it and when we get new officers hired on we have the go through the case so they can get caught up to speed with what’s going on.”

Investigators say Morgan’s girlfriend is a person of interest but not a suspect.

According to rotten tomatoes Dahvonte's case is going to be featured on the ID show Disappeared on September 10, 2023.

According to rotten tomatoes Dahvonte's case is going to be featured on the ID show Disappeared on September 10, 2023.

Thank you for sharing this. I always thought the GF had a part in his disappearance, JMO.

The story about Devohnte being missing is extremely peculiar. I read the information multiple times, thought about it for a while, then reread the information. So much doesn't make sense!

Why was this couple traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area to vacation at Mount Shasta during the COVID restrictions? Mt Shasta is in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, and I thought that the National Forests were closed during early May. Although the area around Mt. Shasta is stunningly beautiful, I don't know why anyone would travel there if the National Forests were closed? The ski resort on Mt Shasta was closed. The motel they stayed at, the Cold Creek Inn, is certainly not a destination in itself. It looks like an affordable, updated roadside motel--rooms start at $79/night (Cold Creek Inn, Mount Shasta). Did Devohnte and his girlfriend have friends/family in the Mt. Shasta area?

Whose vehicle did they drive up to Mount Shasta? Did they travel together? Why didn't Devohnte have his cell phone with him and/or why wasn't it turned on? How many days were they planning to stay in Mount Shasta? Who paid for the motel room, gasoline, and meals?

This new article has a lot of information:

Search for Devohnte Morgan continues one month after he disappeared from Mount Shast
The excellent article also goes into detail about the LE agencies involved in multiple locations. Follow the link for the rest of this long, well-written article.
Some other information from the above article.

Although Morgan was thought to be without cash, MSPD found surveillance of him paying with cash at a convenience store with more cash in his wallet,” said Restine.

Restine said it is misleading to say Morgan hasn’t used his card, “because he has his Chime card in his possession that we are unable to check ..

Snip

He may have had a rental car key in his possession when he disappeared, so anyone who may have found a car key with a rental key fob at any point after May 5 is asked to report it.

Interviews with Davohnte's mother and grandmother.

The girlfriend was about 20 years older. Girlfriend rented vehicle. Got to Mount Shasta late, ended up sleeping in car first night. Sounds like they broke up in the car but stayed at hotel next day. Were fighting on way down from Mount Shasta (the mountain), something about Davohnte wanting to be a preacher. Grandmother said they were always breaking up, usually initiated by Davohnte.

From a much earlier article, this is very interesting information about the initial investigation and searches:

The department requested the assistance of the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department’s Search and Rescue team and the Southern Oregon Search and Rescue team, Restine said. Cadaver dogs were used to search two possible locations for remains and a grid search from Morgan’s last known location. One search included a consent search of a home with a cadaver dog.

Another area was searched based on a hearsay report of the possible dumping of a body
, said Restine.

BBM

I wonder if the same hearsay report about the possible dumping of a body also led them to the home that was searched with a cadaver dog.

Obviously, the cadaver dog searches were unsuccessful, but it tells me that the Mt Shasta Police Dept took Devohnte’s disappearance seriously and put a lot of resources toward finding him. The article also mentions looking at hours and hours of surveillance video.

I hope the new publicity will bring tips. He would stand out in Mt Shasta. Rural Northern California and Southern Oregon are not hospitable areas for POC, sadly. For example, the previous artistic director at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland was a woman of color. She received death threats and she and her child had to have security. So I fear for Devohnte’s safety, even in a progressive town like Mt Shasta.

JMO

I just saw the Disappeared episode. It don't believe Mt Shasta is such a diversity acceptance area as the mayor and police want to make it seem. The guy that drives around town with the big Confederate flag on his van certainly feels comfortable enough in the area to do that. I don't think Davohnte is alive unfortunately. Someone has to have seen him. Someone, multiple someones know what happened to him. The girlfriend picked that area for a reason and I think that reason is drugs. The area from there to Weed was a known area for drug trafficking. Everything suggests Davohnte would never leave his family voluntarily and never contact them.

I just saw the Disappeared episode. It don't believe Mt Shasta is such a diversity acceptance area as the mayor and police want to make it seem. The guy that drives around town with the big Confederate flag on his van certainly feels comfortable enough in the area to do that. I don't think Davohnte is alive unfortunately. Someone has to have seen him. Someone, multiple someones know what happened to him. The girlfriend picked that area for a reason and I think that reason is drugs. The area from there to Weed was a known area for drug trafficking. Everything suggests Davohnte would never leave his family voluntarily and never contact them.

I agree with your post 100%. I wonder if the girlfriend had connections in Mt Shasta, like a friend of a friend. You’re quite right about drug trafficking in that area. In fact, the I-5 corridor north to Portland OR and beyond is infamous for drug trafficking. There’s a reason we call Medford OR “Methford.”

I feel awful for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back