GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

had something to do with Debbie's disappearance-let's also remember
Richard Jewell-the security guard from the Atlanta Olympics bombing. The FBI went so far as to seize his mom's Tupperware containers in a fruitless search for explosive traces. So it is not hard for me to believe that he was threatened in this manner-this usually happens when they are at a standstill in the investigation and are trying to "shake things loose". So now I'm not so sure if he was involved or someone who knew his history of bad blood set it up for him to be the perfect suspect...

I read an article on another forum that LE went in again today with a warrent to Dave Hawks.

Sounds to me like they are getting down to it about now. They must be looking for that one piece of the puzzle that they need. The article didn't say what they were looking for of course. This is what...the 3rd warrent for Dave?

I wonder if they have found out anything about where Debbie's vehicle had been. I hope they looked under the carriage for pieces of bushes, etc. I watched a forensic show and they caught a guy who had murdered a girl because they happened to notice these pods from unusual trees in the bed of his truck. The trees were only located in a certain part of the county. They had the pods looked at and that led them to the girl's body. I wish something like that would happen in this case.

Back to Dave's house today and the search is called off for NEXT week. Anyone think that the cops are getting hot? I think that they are pretty close to making an arrest. I'll bet Dave Hawk is nearly pooping his shorts :eek:

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4389237

July 21, 2006 - The ex-husband of a missing South Valley mother has new criticism for Hanford police. He's talking about his strained relationship with police and why he doesn't believe his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk, will ever be found.

Hanford police say they are in the process of organizing an extensive search of a slough north of Lemoore. They say they've received several tips that Debbie Hawk may be found in that very dense terrain.
Dave Hawk told Action News on Friday that police will likely never find his ex-wife.

Standing outside his Lemoore home Friday, Dave Hawk once again denied having any involvement in the disappearance of his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk.

Police say he is still a person of interest in the case. On Thursday night, officers served a third search warrant at his house.

Dave Hawk says police walked away with his hairbrush and comb as he sat handcuffed for two hours, "They're a bunch of heavy handed goons and the things that they've done to me is bad enough, my children ... that's not forgivable."

For the past week, Hawk has been publicly expressing his anger over the Hanford Police Department. From calling them "the gestapo" to what he calls their "terrorist tactics," Hawk says police are ready to frame him for this crime.

There is an unedited video of the interview with Hawk linked from the above link. My hinky meter is not going off after seeing him on the video. I'd like to hear others' reactions to his interview.

SewingDeb said:
There is an unedited video of the interview with Hawk linked from the above link. My hinky meter is not going off after seeing him on the video. I'd like to hear others' reactions to his interview.
Actually the only time he seemed to be possibly lying was when asked if he had hired someone to kill her. He closed his eyes when he answered. Other than that I didn't see any of the supposed tell tale signs of lying.

Becba said:
Actually the only time he seemed to be possibly lying was when asked if he had hired someone to kill her. He closed his eyes when he answered. Other than that I didn't see any of the supposed tell tale signs of lying.

I didn't pick up on that, will go watch again. I wonder if he is just a good actor because he seems so calm.

Becba said:

Becba,

On my second viewing, I noticed that his voice changed when he replied, "No" to both the question of whether he did anything to Debbie and the question about whether he got anyone else to do something to Debbie. He immediately went back to normal voice with the subsequent questions. He did close his eyes briefly at that question about getting someone else to do something.

I don't know...everything points to him and he won't get a polygraph to get them off his back.

I don't know why he doesn't have the common sense to just shut-up. How the heck does he know that Debbie will never be found?????? That is a pretty stupid statement to make...I think. Does he know something that LE doesn't know about where she is buried or what was done with her body so it can't be found? He probably does.

There is some reason that LE keep going back to his house and I don't think it is just to hear him whine. He can whine all he wants but LE is going to carry on with their search for Debbie. If I were him I would stop lying in the media....LE won't give him a polygraph...when in reality...he refuses to take one. He says LE threatened him...in reality..they didn't.

This guy is no perfect citizen...he steals from his children's trust funds...he claims that he made $15,000 last year when you can bet daddy is paying him under the table and Debbie knew it. I believe that he murdered Debbie because she was going to expose him in court.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't know why he doesn't have the common sense to just shut-up. How the heck does he know that Debbie will never be found?????? That is a pretty stupid statement to make...I think. Does he know something that LE doesn't know about where she is buried or what was done with her body so it can't be found? He probably does.

There is some reason that LE keep going back to his house and I don't think it is just to hear him whine. He can whine all he wants but LE is going to carry on with their search for Debbie. If I were him I would stop lying in the media....LE won't give him a polygraph...when in reality...he refuses to take one. He says LE threatened him...in reality..they didn't.

This guy is no perfect citizen...he steals from his children's trust funds...he claims that he made $15,000 last year when you can bet daddy is paying him under the table and Debbie knew it. I believe that he murdered Debbie because she was going to expose him in court.

These are pretty strong accusations. Any evidence, or is this just your frustration spilling out?

DuckFeet said:
These are pretty strong accusations. Any evidence, or is this just your frustration spilling out?

No, it is not my frustration spilling out. I got every bit of this info from different articles that I have read about this case....either on here or on another forum. I believe that the articles are factual.

DuckFeet said:
Various articles have stated that Debbie accused Dave of stealing from the children's trust funds. I can't remember the exact amounts but apparently statements show that the accounts went from - someone help me out here - in the $50,000 range (?) to a significantly lower amount. Since Debbie did not withdraw that money, then I suppose that she'd have a good idea who did. I assume that Dave was also on the account.

Also, apparently Dave claimed to only make $15,000 a year, and that he has worked for his parents. Debbie was about to take him to court for more support so it's been wondered if she had some evidence of him making more than he claimed. Since the IRS is involved, I'm thinking that there's some merit to the financial issues that have been brought up.

You're right JG. The trust funds went from $50K to about $11K. That's what I remember reading.

Thanks so much, Pepper. I couldn't remember the exact numbers but seemed to remember that it was significant.

Okay, here it is in print:

... In 2004, she said the accounts had over $51,000 in them. A year later, the funds dropped to $23,000. And in 2006, she claimed there's now just over $11,000 in them.

To this day, Dave Hawk has refused to provide those financial records to the court.

Police are now trying to access them to see if Debbie Hawk's allegations are true...

Investigators say allegations of him stealing money from his children's trust funds is concerning. They say if Hawk took the money, they do not know what he did with it.

Bank accounts show he had little or no income over the last four years...

ABC30.com: Police Looking at Missing Woman's Bank Records

Thanks for posting that website, Marie. Somehow it escaped me that Debbie is only 5'1".

I really hope that her children have some answers soon. This is horrible.

ABC30.com: Police Searching Slough for Missing Woman

... Law enforcement officials searched a slough just north of the Lemoore Naval Air Station in Kings County on Tuesday.

Hanford police say a tip leads them to believe Hawk may be found in the area.

Police say the slough is surrounded by dense terrain and is hard to search.

On Wednesday they spent the day tracking down several new leads...

SewingDeb said:
Actually, my hinky meter is going off. The way his voice changes on the two questions about whether or not he knows what happened to Debbie is bizarre. He seems very p*ssed off when the reporter asks him that. There are two things that bother me a lot. One is his constant criticism of LE. Now, if he's innocent, I can understand that. Yet I get the sense that it's almost as if he's trying to distract the public away from the real issue, which is finding Debbie. I remember when Mark Lunsford and his family were looking for his missing daughter - they all said many times that they can understand why LE was looking at them, and that they didn't care at all about what people were saying - all they cared about was finding Jessica.

The second thing that bothered me is when he was asked if he knew where Debbie was and he started to say 'I wish I did' and ended up saying something like 'I wish the police did; then they'd leave me alone'. I don't know what Dave has been through at the hands of LE but I would have thought that finding the mother of his children would be the priority to him and that he could tolerate the police activity in order to facilitate that. He seems much more concerned about LE simply leaving him alone than finding Debbie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back