Found Deceased CA - Derek Weidner, 25, Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park, Santa Rosa, 19 July 2019 *suicidal*

Derek Weidner, 25, moved from Houston, Texas to Santa Rosa in 2019 to work for a private company as a lineman restoring power lines that had been destroyed by the California fires. The 25-year-old was last seen with friends at his home at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park on Ashton Avenue, on Friday, July 19, 2019. The next morning, Derek was gone. And so was his GMC Denali pickup truck. It was later found parked alongside South Highway 101 at Milepost 6.70, in Hopland, California, about 50 miles from the RV park. An extensive search with helicopters and tracking dogs was conducted, but Derek hasn’t been found. Derek’s wallet was left back at his trailer, but his debit card was found inside his truck. His phone has been off since that weekend and has not been able to be tracked. His bank account has not been touched since he disappeared. Santa Rosa Police Department Detective Anthony Turner told Dateline they are continuing to follow every lead and tip, but there are no updates. Derek is described as being 6’3”, 290 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair, heavy build with a beard.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

derek_weidner_81816a5eb935d3cfe2a8c08baf1149e4.fit-360w.png

He can go home now, will continue to keep Derek and family in my prayers, and keep searching for whatever information there is available. Just breaks my heart. Such a handsome young man, whole life ahead of him. MOO. Thanks very much for updates everyone.

It looks like his mother deactivated the "missing" facebook page. This case really bothers me. I can't figure out why there's been nothing noted anywhere about his body being found or where it was found or under what circumstances. The week before his mother posted (on the "Derek Weidner missing" FB page) that he had been found deceased, she posted that they were in Houston, following up on a new lead, and they were very close to finding him. I know that he lived in the Houston area before he went to Santa Rosa to work but if he died in Santa Rosa, why would they be following a lead in Houston? Did anyone else see her post about being in Houston? It was removed shortly after she posted it and I didn't screenshot it.

Derek’s case really bothers me too. Some of the details surrounding his disappearance are bizarre. I didn’t see the post from his mom about Houston. How strange. I know he was from Texas but I don’t understand what lead she’d have in Houston if he was living and working in Santa Rosa. His truck was found abandoned, keys in ignition off the 101 in Santa Rosa. And his mom is being hush hush about it. I can’t find any information. I wonder if Santa Rosa PD or Houston PD will release any info if I call.

Maybe he flew back to Houston to take his own life. They did state he was suicidal. Maybe he wanted to go back "home" to say goodbye in his own way.

Derek’s case really bothers me too. Some of the details surrounding his disappearance are bizarre. I didn’t see the post from his mom about Houston. How strange. I know he was from Texas but I don’t understand what lead she’d have in Houston if he was living and working in Santa Rosa. His truck was found abandoned, keys in ignition off the 101 in Santa Rosa. And his mom is being hush hush about it. I can’t find any information. I wonder if Santa Rosa PD or Houston PD will release any info if I call.
I have the same questions as you. I cant figure out how or why they would have been following up on a lead in Houston and why did she take the post down right away. I also dont understand why there's no info to be found anywhere.

Did he drive to Houston maybe? Borrowed a car?

It was suicide. The page has been deactivated and they are trying to grieve and heal. His mother posted this to his fb page and asked his friends to post memories of him. They worked hard to find him, I just wish they’d have found him earlier and didn’t have to go through all this searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back