CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So incredibly sad. I was not an avid fan, but believe that no human being deserves the medical treatment Michael received.

Is there another location where I can read the filing by the Medical Board - I can't get the files referenced earlier in the forum to open. Thanks.

Isabelle, a patient advocate

I have no idea where to look Isabelle. All I am aware of is the motion was filed when Murray was in court yesterday. I haven't heard anyone in the media say they have obtained a copy of it.

The CA Attorney General's office is sending an Asst. AG to address the matter further with the Judge. I believe they will be there on 4-5-10 when Murray is to return to court.

I was never an ardent fan of MJs, although I knew without a doubt, he was one of the best entertainers in the world. Since Michael's passing I have become a fan, after listening to so many of his songs I had never taken the time to listen to before and after listening to so many of his interviews that he did over the years.

I do believe that MJ was very misunderstood by some people and I am glad that some of the truth has come to light even though tragically it has happened after this senseless tragedy.

My hope is that Michael receives justice. No patient, no matter who they are... deserved to be treated this way by a licensed doctor.

imo

{snip}
Is there another location where I can read the filing by the Medical Board - I can't get the files referenced earlier in the forum to open. Thanks.

Hello Isabelle!

Can you open other PDF files on your computer, or is just this one that is not accessible?

The file size is 5.83 MB (6,114,208 bytes). If your download does not match that, perhaps it was corrupted in transfer and you could try another download.

If that does not work, I can find a way which would be comfortable to you to transfer the file. You *do* need to see this, so please let me know. :)

{snip}

Hello Isabelle!

Can you open other PDF files on your computer, or is just this one that is not accessible?

The file size is 5.83 MB (6,114,208 bytes). If your download does not match that, perhaps it was corrupted in transfer and you could try another download.

If that does not work, I can find a way which would be comfortable to you to transfer the file. You *do* need to see this, so please let me know. :)

Hello Isabelle!

Shana, thanks. Yes I am able to open other pdf files, but when I tried this one (more than once) I got a message "failed to open". Was hoping it would be linked at another site and maybe that would help (am a computer illiterate). I really would like to see this document.

Hello Isabelle!

Shana, thanks. Yes I am able to open other pdf files, but when I tried this one (more than once) I got a message "failed to open". Was hoping it would be linked at another site and maybe that would help (am a computer illiterate). I really would like to see this document.

JB

As an RN, I would believe that when medical experts testify as to the docs heinous acts, the jury and prosecutors will realize they have made an error in choosing an involuntary manslaughter charge. The doc acted so far outside the standards of care for a patient under the effects of general anesthesia, that it is akin to murder with intent. The intent would stem from the knowledge that the doc should have possessed, regarding a drug as dangerous as propofol, by virtue of his MD license. He would have known what the risks were and what actions should be taken/equipment needed in the event of an arrest, but he did not prepare for this - an arrogant action on his part. In the OR, vital signs are taken every 5 minutes or more often it there is a negative trending, I doubt the doc took vitals once, since there has been no mention of any record keeping. What he did is absolutely criminal and was done with no respect for human life. Just horrible. It is at times like this that I am embarrassed to be a member of the medical community.

Isabelle, a patient advocate.

ITA Isabelle

Implied Malice is written all over this case. If now why does defendant possess a ML? Where did he obtain it? This was not a case of some drug users having a party.

Despicable and breaks my heart. :shakehead: :cry:

JMO

JB

As an RN, I would believe that when medical experts testify as to the docs heinous acts, the jury and prosecutors will realize they have made an error in choosing an involuntary manslaughter charge. The doc acted so far outside the standards of care for a patient under the effects of general anesthesia, that it is akin to murder with intent. The intent would stem from the knowledge that the doc should have possessed, regarding a drug as dangerous as propofol, by virtue of his MD license. He would have known what the risks were and what actions should be taken/equipment needed in the event of an arrest, but he did not prepare for this - an arrogant action on his part. In the OR, vital signs are taken every 5 minutes or more often it there is a negative trending, I doubt the doc took vitals once, since there has been no mention of any record keeping. What he did is absolutely criminal and was done with no respect for human life. Just horrible. It is at times like this that I am embarrassed to be a member of the medical community.

Isabelle, a patient advocate.

ITA Isabelle

Implied Malice is written all over this case. If now why does defendant possess a ML? Where did he obtain it? This was not a case of some drug users having a party.

Despicable and breaks my heart. :shakehead: :cry:

JMO

Having just read the autopsy report, I am sickened. I am wondering if the DA read pages 21 and 31 of the report, the information is presented in simple enough form that a 3rd or 4th grader could understand how wrong the doc's actions were. Further to learn that Michael's stomach contained 0.13 mg of propofol is really amazing. For this to happen, there had to be a fluid shift from the vascular system to the non-vascular system, something often seen with major trauma and vascular collapse/asystole (flatline).

The consulting anesthesiologist comments on the doc's actions being outside standards of care and that the amount of propofol given is the same that would be given for major abdominal surgery. Further, the fact that a bp cuff, pulse ox (in the closet), oxygen and non-rebreather bag were in the home strengthens the fact that the doc knew how dangerous his actions were and knew what the potential for cardiorespiratory arrest were. This is arrogance to the max and an absolute and complete disregard for human life. To have this knowledge and commit the act that this doctor committed is just a horrible, horrible thing. I hope I never find myself in California needing medical care, considering their judicial system has little to no common sense or compassion for those at the mercy of negligent physicians.

P.s. I forgot to mention that the bag containing IV fluid did NOT contain propofol. The propofol was found in the tubing near the "y" connector where the propofol would have been injected. So, the doc was so adventurous and fearless, he bolused Michael with this deadly drug - unfreaking believable. Does the DA and his guys know how to read, or do they really understand what is said in the autopsy report - I think not!

Isabelle
You answered my question of the adminstering of the Dip. That was my suspicion all along. Going back to read the AR again.

Having just read the autopsy report, I am sickened. I am wondering if the DA read pages 21 and 31 of the report, the information is presented in simple enough form that a 3rd or 4th grader could understand how wrong the doc's actions were. Further to learn that Michael's stomach contained 0.13 mg of propofol is really amazing. For this to happen, there had to be a fluid shift from the vascular system to the non-vascular system, something often seen with major trauma and vascular collapse/asystole (flatline).

The consulting anesthesiologist comments on the doc's actions being outside standards of care and that the amount of propofol given is the same that would be given for major abdominal surgery. Further, the fact that a bp cuff, pulse ox (in the closet), oxygen and non-rebreather bag were in the home strengthens the fact that the doc knew how dangerous his actions were and knew what the potential for cardiorespiratory arrest were. This is arrogance to the max and an absolute and complete disregard for human life. To have this knowledge and commit the act that this doctor committed is just a horrible, horrible thing. I hope I never find myself in California needing medical care, considering their judicial system has little to no common sense or compassion for those at the mercy of negligent physicians.

P.s. I forgot to mention that the bag containing IV fluid did NOT contain propofol. The propofol was found in the tubing near the "y" connector where the propofol would have been injected. So, the doc was so adventurous and fearless, he bolused Michael with this deadly drug - unfreaking believable. Does the DA and his guys know how to read, or do they really understand what is said in the autopsy report - I think not!

Isabelle
You answered my question of the adminstering of the Dip. That was my suspicion all along. Going back to read the AR again.

Isabelle, please try downloading the file again from TMZ and let it overwrite the previous.

I was able to open the file today on several computers and with different versions of the Acrobat Reader. Are you using a Mac? I did not check that one, but I could.

I am not sure of the 'legality' of my extracting the 12 pages and putting them up as jpgs. Each one bears the TMZ watermark so I would not think it would be a problem.

Let's see what happens if you download the file again...hope it works this time for you!

Isabelle, please try downloading the file again from TMZ and let it overwrite the previous.

I was able to open the file today on several computers and with different versions of the Acrobat Reader. Are you using a Mac? I did not check that one, but I could.

I am not sure of the 'legality' of my extracting the 12 pages and putting them up as jpgs. Each one bears the TMZ watermark so I would not think it would be a problem.

Let's see what happens if you download the file again...hope it works this time for you!

Michael Jackson’s Son Prince Offers Testimony Against Murray; Witnessed Him Murder Father

Michael Jackson’s 13-year-old son Prince Michael restarted the murder investigation into his father’s death several months ago when the case stalled according to an Enquirer exclusive by offering to testify against Michael’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray.

Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter Monday.

“It’s possible Dr. Murray would never have been charged if it wasn’t for Prince’s impassioned appeal to police a few months ago to ‘get justice for our daddy,’” revealed a source close to the investigation.

“The police were giving an update to some members of the Jackson family. When it appeared they could not offer a date when Dr. Murray would be arrested, Prince, who’d been listening outside the room, entered.

“He surprised detectives with an emotional statement. Prince told them ‘not to give up’ and said their father had told him and his sister Paris many times that ‘anything is possible if you want it hard enough and you work hard enough.’

“Prince even offered to testify against Dr. Murray because he said, ‘I was there – it’ll be in my memory forever.’

http://peoplemagazinedaily.com/?p=4686

Michael Jackson’s Son Prince Offers Testimony Against Murray; Witnessed Him Murder Father

Michael Jackson’s 13-year-old son Prince Michael restarted the murder investigation into his father’s death several months ago when the case stalled according to an Enquirer exclusive by offering to testify against Michael’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray.

Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter Monday.

“It’s possible Dr. Murray would never have been charged if it wasn’t for Prince’s impassioned appeal to police a few months ago to ‘get justice for our daddy,’” revealed a source close to the investigation.

“The police were giving an update to some members of the Jackson family. When it appeared they could not offer a date when Dr. Murray would be arrested, Prince, who’d been listening outside the room, entered.

“He surprised detectives with an emotional statement. Prince told them ‘not to give up’ and said their father had told him and his sister Paris many times that ‘anything is possible if you want it hard enough and you work hard enough.’

“Prince even offered to testify against Dr. Murray because he said, ‘I was there – it’ll be in my memory forever.’

http://peoplemagazinedaily.com/?p=4686

I am just now begining reading about this investigation. So forgive me if I am behind and this has already been asked.

I am unclear of why you be given propofol outside of surgery or a trauma situation. Why would a person need this heavy of a sedation outside of those situations?

I am just now begining reading about this investigation. So forgive me if I am behind and this has already been asked.

I am unclear of why you be given propofol outside of surgery or a trauma situation. Why would a person need this heavy of a sedation outside of those situations?

If I were the defendent, I would be looking for an attorney who really has experience defending a case involving the use of propofol.

Isabelle, patient advocate

p.s. the document the medical board filed comes up (un-plugged?)

If I were the defendent, I would be looking for an attorney who really has experience defending a case involving the use of propofol.

Dr. Murry already has that. His lawyer successfully defended a nurse in propofol case.

Dr. Murry already has that. His lawyer successfully defended a nurse in propofol case.

That case was totally different than this case.

This isn't about a nurse who left a syringe of propofol which was in turn given by another nurse to an 80 year old patient.

This is about a licensed doctor who personally administered a deadly cocktail of drugs to his patient even before he gave him the lethal dose of propofol.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members