Still Missing CA - Duke Flores, 6, front yard of his home, Apple Valley, 25 Apr 2019 *Mother and Aunt ARRESTED*

Darn it. :( However, I commend them for their efforts.

From the article:

On Friday, June 21, 2019, the final day of the search, search crews were disappointed with the outcome when they learned it would be the end of their search without any remains found. The search was not easy, those searching dug through 6500-7000 tons (13-14 million pounds) of garbage. The search went on for nearly two months, beginning on April 29, 2019, until June 21, 2019.

JUN 25, 2019
Deputies End 8-Week Search for Missing 6-Year-Old
[...]

For eight weeks, the Apple Valley Police Department continued to comb refuse at the Victorville landfill located at 18600 Stoddard Wells Rd., using search dogs, volunteers and employees.

[...]

Detectives believe the sisters discarded the boy’s body in a dumpster near the family home.

[...]

Still No Remains Found as Landfill Search Ends for Missing Apple Valley Boy Allegedly Killed by Mother, Aunt
[...]

Coroner’s and district attorney’s investigators as well as landfill personnel assisted homicide detectives, K-9s, deputies and volunteers from the Sheriff’s Department in the recovery effort.

[...]

Search of Victorville landfill for boy’s body is called off – San Bernardino Sun
[...]

Detectives have no other places to search for the boy unless new information becomes available, sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said Tuesday.

[...]

Last edited:
JUN 25, 2019
Search for 6-year-old Duke Flores called off
[...]

Detectives believe the sisters “discarded the boy’s body in a dumpster near the family home on Cherokee Avenue,” authorities said.

[...]

They are scheduled for a hearing on Wednesday at Victorville Superior Court.

Wednesday’s hearing will determine whether the sisters are prepared for a preliminary hearing on Thursday morning.

If a preliminary hearing is scheduled, evidence will be presented in open court through testimony of witnesses, the prosecutor, San Bernardino County District Attorney Justin Crocker, told the Daily Press previously.

“If the judge finds that there is probable cause to believe that the defendants are guilty, then the case would move to the trial department,” Crocker said.

[...]

Search for the body of Duke Flores from SBSD - Headquarters : Nixle
Tuesday June 25th, 2019 :: 02:55 p.m. PDT
Advisory
Search for the body of Duke Flores

DATE/TIME: Friday, June 21, 2019

INCIDENT: Search for the body of Duke Flores

SUSPECTS: Jackee Raquel Contreras, age 29; Jennifer Rachel Contreras, age 29 both residents of Apple Valley

VICTIM: Duke Flores, age 6 a resident of Apple Valley

SUMMARY:

On Friday, June 21, 2019, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department have ended their search for the remains of Duke Flores. The search at the Victorville Landfill began on April 29thand continued until June 21st; the recovery effort ended with no remains found.

[...]

On April 25th, Duke’s grandmother requested deputies conduct a welfare check on her 6-year-old grandson as she had not seen him and was becoming concerned for his wellbeing. When deputies responded to the home, they were told by the child’s mother, Jackee Contreras, that she had not seen him for approximately two weeks. Jackee Contreras was arrested on April 25thfor Child Neglect for not reporting her son missing. Following an interview with Jackee Contreras on April 27th, detectives booked her for Murder. On Saturday, April 27th, following interviews with family members, detectives arrested Duke’s aunt, Jennifer Contreras. She was booked for Murder.

Through investigation, detectives had reason to believe that Jackee and Jennifer hold responsibility for the disappearance and death of Duke Flores. They think the sister’s discarded the boy’s body in a dumpster near the family home on Cherokee Avenue in Apple Valley. The suspects remain in custody and are scheduled for court on June 26th

“This is not the outcome we had hoped for, “Sheriff John McMahon added “but we knew going into this search that there was a chance we would not locate Duke. I am extremely proud of the dedication shown by every person who continued to show up day after day, desperately hoping to locate the young boy.”

[...]

San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner Department

Almost daily I come to this thread to see if there is any news. It appears that some cases on get so much attention and support. Unfortunately, not so for this little guy :(

On a positive note, the Sherriff’s department et al did an commendable job trying to locate Duke’s remains. Kudos to them!

Almost daily I come to this thread to see if there is any news. It appears that some cases on get so much attention and support. Unfortunately, not so for this little guy :(

On a positive note, the Sherriff’s department et al did an commendable job trying to locate Duke’s remains. Kudos to them!

I agree, I know LE dedicated weeks of filtering through a filthy landfill hoping to locate this little victim and finally called off the search.Wherever Duke is I hope he rests in peace and I pray that those responsible are held harshly accountable. I don't know why some cases garner more attention or support than others but I have not forgotten this little boy. I too come to this thread almost daily, I hope the two sisters are held accountable and that they willingly end up providing information regarding Duke and his demise, sadly I do not see that happening. Prayers for Duke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back