CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get much sleep I guess. It is shocking how prolific of a criminal he was. Also, another reason I'm not surprised he slowed down or stopped completely as he had children and became Middle aged. What he was doing was physically demanding even by his late 40's jumping across rooftops and fences would have been increasingly difficult. He did a great deal of running, jumping and climbing.

Also very time consuming. It sounds like he did a lot of stalking, planning, etc. He even followed up by calling and taunting victims. That gets harder as he had family and work commitments that made it more difficult to explain absences from home and prowling around at night. How did his wife not become suspicious when he stayed out all night doing multiple rapes and murders?

Alleged Golden State Killer's former boss: He was an average cop

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alleged-golden-state-killers-former-boss-he-was-an-average-cop/

"There was nothing really while he was working at the Auburn Police Department that would say he was a mass murderer, serial rapist, burglar," former Auburn Police Chief Nick Willick told CBS Sacramento.

Willick was DeAngelo's boss at the Auburn Police Department from 1976 to 1979, first as his sergeant, then as the chief. He remembers DeAngelo as an average cop.

According to Willick, DeAngelo was caught stealing a can of dog repellent and a hammer from a convenience store.

"If I remember correctly he didn't even have a hearing," Willick said. "I think he waived his hearing. He was prosecuted and we conducted our own investigation. And we terminated him based on the facts of the case."

bbm

I'd sure like to see those notes/files.

Suspected 'Golden State Killer' seemed shocked by arrest, told police he had a roast in the oven: Official

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-golden-state-killer-shocked-arrest-told-police/story?id=54746113

The suspected "Golden State Killer" who was arrested this week for killing and raping dozens of California residents decades ago, seemed shocked to find police outside his home, according to Sacramento County Sheriff's Department official Paul Belli.

DeAngelo told police he had a roast in the oven, and officers said they could take care of it, Belli said.

I bought the Kindle version of " I'll Be Gone In the Dark" and have been awake all night reading.
There's no doubt but that DeAngelo's DNA profile was connected to multiple rapes and murders as early as the mid- 90's, when RFLP was the only DNA testing method. After that time, PCR has been done on the samples collected at various crime scenes which were rapes or murders committed by him. Since he wasn't in CODIS under his name, it stands to reason that a " 23 and me" or other home DNA profile type thing started the dominoes falling recently. They MAY have needed a family member to cooperate, like Dennis Rader's daughter did. IDK, but I'm sure details are forthcoming.

A few random things. Almost all my life, I've heard of the " Original Night Stalker" but never knew who/what the moniker referred to. All I knew about the " Night Stalker" was Richard Ramirez, as I was too young to know about the details of each case. I thought it was just another name for " Night Stalker".

Now, I know, 44% of the way into the book, that it refers to the serial rapes and killings of DeAngelo. Totally different M.O. and complicated in the media reports by the other name of " Golden State Killer" or Golden State Rapist".
I have NO idea why it took half the book for the author to name him by the name which was known nationally from shows such as " AMW", " Unsolved Mysteries" and other shows of that type. I had been wondering for 100+ pages why I'd never heard of this serial killer, but when she finally wrote " Golden State Killer"/ " Original Night Stalker", it all clicked.
I'm hoping this doesn't sound stupid, that it might help others who aren't from CA and didn't know a lot about crimes committed in the 70's and early 80's recall the stories about " Original Night Stalker"- this man.

Lastly, I hope LE has this guy on the highest possible suicide watch/ precautions. It probably goes without saying that he'd likely rather die by his own hand on his own terms than give the citizens and government the small satisfaction of trying and convicting him for his heinous crimes.

Didn't get much sleep I guess. It is shocking how prolific of a criminal he was. Also, another reason I'm not surprised he slowed down or stopped completely as he had children and became Middle aged. What he was doing was physically demanding even by his late 40's jumping across rooftops and fences would have been increasingly difficult. He did a great deal of running, jumping and climbing.

But if he’s 72 now, he would have been around 40 in 1986, when he allegedly stopped, Not late 40s.

Odd the dog spray and hammer... why he didn't just buy the stuff? Why chance getting caught for stealing and being fired as an officer? Especially for using in your crime spree. Very odd.

Suspected 'Golden State Killer' seemed shocked by arrest, told police he had a roast in the oven: Official

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-golden-state-killer-shocked-arrest-told-police/story?id=54746113

One thing I'm learning about this monster from the book "I'll Be Gone In the Dark" is that he also raided his victims' refrigerators and kitchens. At one crimescene backyard, LE found the carcass of a victim's Christmas turkey. Food strewn everywhere is a recurring theme. How ironic that he'd tell LE he wanted to cook and eat his pot roast.

I hope he gets the least amount and quality of food possible from this day forward.

snipped massive wall of conspiratorial text

There are recent photos of him available, there's one in this same thread, even. The evidence is DNA, and it seems as if he is proceeding to confess as they question him. This is all information you can find here in this thread, but given your digs at 'MSM' and 'the liberal media' I'm not sure what other sources you're looking for unless you want Alex Jones to start doing true crime coverage, god forbid.

If his crime spree did in fact end in 1986 I find that interesting. 1986 was the first time DNA was used in a trial. We know he's bright. Do you think this could be the reason?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

absolutely! He was a former cop, was interested in crime married to an attorney. He was fully aware.

Odd the dog spray and hammer... why he didn't just buy the stuff? Why chance getting caught for stealing and being fired as an officer? Especially for using in your crime spree. Very odd.

Because some stores might have already had security cameras? Or because he thought he might be recognized by someone working or shopping there if he was standing in line to buy those two items he " needed" to gain entrance stealthily? Taken together, the two items might alert LE to the presence of a " burglary kit". IDK when stores in CA started having video, but I know ATMs in the 80's had it, even at night in very small towns.

With respect to composites, this one is dead on to me.

attachment.php

Yes there is a reason that the FBI chose to really highlight this sketch in 2016. It was the only sketch put on billboards. Known as "Revised Maggiore" it has long been rumoured that it not only includes one of the best witness descriptions of the killer (by witness Karl N.) but that it also incorporates elements of DNA phenotyping from a company like Parabon.

Watching the "Unmasked" special on HLN last night, one of the investigators said that once the FBI got involved, it opened up the investigation considerably. Assume this happened as a result of the recent publicity from Michelle's activity. The FBI does seem to have the skills and ability to really help coordinate LE agencies in these kinds of investigations. Makes me wish they would spend even more time and resources on this kind of work.

Did FBI just recently get involved?! I'd asume a lot earlier.

The author (Michelle McNamara) and one of her editors dubbed the East Area Rapist / Original Night Stalker the Golden State Killer.

He wasn't known as the latter until recently.

The EAR cases weren't even officially tied to the ONS cases until 2001 or so. Multiple cases, multiple nicknames, because nobody realized they were all the same dude. That's a big reason the crimes didn't get more attention, in McNamara's opinion. So she "renamed" him in a huge piece she wrote for Los Angeles magazine in 2013.

So the stalker/killer was known by most people, especially locals, police and media — until recently — as Original Knight Stalker, or East Area Rapist, or EAR/ONS (after the two were officially connected) or the Visalia Ransacker.

The "Golden State Killer," as we known him today, didn't "exist" as a complete suspect before 2013. I suspect that's why she didn't use GSK in the book/story timeline until he actually "became" GSK.

I bought the Kindle version of " I'll Be Gone In the Dark" and have been awake all night reading.
There's no doubt but that DeAngelo's DNA profile was connected to multiple rapes and murders as early as the mid- 90's, when RFLP was the only DNA testing method. After that time, PCR has been done on the samples collected at various crime scenes which were rapes or murders committed by him. Since he wasn't in CODIS under his name, it stands to reason that a " 23 and me" or other home DNA profile type thing started the dominoes falling recently. They MAY have needed a family member to cooperate, like Dennis Rader's daughter did. IDK, but I'm sure details are forthcoming.

A few random things. Almost all my life, I've heard of the " Original Night Stalker" but never knew who/what the moniker referred to. All I knew about the " Night Stalker" was Richard Ramirez, as I was too young to know about the details of each case. I thought it was just another name for " Night Stalker".

Now, I know, 44% of the way into the book, that it refers to the serial rapes and killings of DeAngelo. Totally different M.O. and complicated in the media reports by the other name of " Golden State Killer" or Golden State Rapist".
I have NO idea why it took half the book for the author to name him by the name which was known nationally from shows such as " AMW", " Unsolved Mysteries" and other shows of that type. I had been wondering for 100+ pages why I'd never heard of this serial killer, but when she finally wrote " Golden State Killer"/ " Original Night Stalker", it all clicked.
I'm hoping this doesn't sound stupid, that it might help others who aren't from CA and didn't know a lot about crimes committed in the 70's and early 80's recall the stories about " Original Night Stalker"- this man.

Lastly, I hope LE has this guy on the highest possible suicide watch/ precautions. It probably goes without saying that he'd likely rather die by his own hand on his own terms than give the citizens and government the small satisfaction of trying and convicting him for his heinous crimes.

absolutely! He was a former cop, was interested in crime married to an attorney. He was fully aware.

I was wondering if DNA testing might be the reason he stopped killing, as I haven't heard anyone give any reason for the psycho to stop. I agree with you, plus his age of 40.. He might have been slowing down a bit. At least 2 male witnesses have described nearly catching him in the latter years of his criminology.

I'm NOT defending the guy, I don't know him, also don't care about him, I've also never yet been to California, it's one of the few states that I haven't been to, yet, but I have learned to never get too happy too soon!

How many times have we all seen one guy being named a "suspect", smeared and dragged through the mud, but than a week, month, year or even decade later, it all points towards someone else, or someone else is proven to be the right suspect, yet the first guy's entire life was already ruined!

Until I read some legit proof, I'm not celebrating!
I do NOT trust the liberal MSM nor cops!

Any why even celebrate?
Wasn't the last rape or murder well over 30 years ago?
Just how long were the cops going to drag their feet on the case?
Oh!, right!, because MOST cops couldn't find their own winkys with TWO (or more) hands!

I also haven't yet found anything which states how long this suspect has lived at his current address in Sacramento, I believe it said is where he has been living, which isn't all that close to where many of the rapes and murders occurred, and we all know most killers and or rapists wont travel out of, or far from their "comfort zones".

I also don't think he looks much like the sketches, which never do look anything like the real killers anyway.
The sketches look like a kid I know and went to high school with here in New York and as far as I know, Keith has never been to California either LOL

Why is the liberal MSM only showing 50-60 year old photos of the guy?
Are there NO recent photos of this dude?
Is there a blue-wall coverup going on?, smells like one!
Since this guy was a cop, it IS possible "old pals" are helping conceal who he really is, I'm sure there were dozens of more recent photos in his house!

Anyone know how long he was a cop? or where was he a cop? or why he was no longer a cop? did he retire?, get fired? if fired, WHY?
Was he with CHP or one of the small local PD's?

And I'd like to know more about how he was matched to Australian DNA database and why?
Matched to what? one murder, or all murders?
Just how credible is that database anyway?
Their PD's and forensics teams down there are NOT exactly top of the line at solving squat and they aren't as well organized, trained or equipped as say NYPD or LAPD are.
I know MANY Aussies, they aren't exactly strict-by-the-book people by any stretch!
Did he rape and/or murder anyone in Australia too?

Before everyone jumps for joy and starts yelling "Yea" and "Fry him", just remember, cops love to pin anything they possibly can on the nearest or "most likely" "patsy" dating back to the beginning of this country and rarely ever pin anything on the REAL perpetrator(s), (because that's just too much work, walking, asking dumb people dumb questions, and which IS why so many dudes end up getting freed nowadays for crimes they got charged with and sentenced for many years ago, but than it comes out that they didn't do it) and close cases ASAP and add another notch to their belts to look good for promotions/higher pay grades!

Sorry, but it IS true!

People erroneously think COPS are all such good, upstanding, honest people doing good for their communities, that is so far from the real world TRUTH that it is sickening.
I have known MANY cops (male AND female) and also have had quite a few family members "on the job" and I CAN honestly say that most of them ARE just out for themselves and will do anything to look good or sound good to the others in their little blue wall community and most cops I've known and know ARE all on a powertrip (especially more so with female cops) which they get from having the gun, badge and license to beat slobs to a pulp and basically do whatever they want to, without repercussions!,
Many I've known are/were also drunks, junkies, wife/kid beaters/molesters and very nasty, unfriendly, unsociable people out of uniform!
Many have admitted that they don't really ever care WHO actually did whatever crime, just as long as they got to pin it on "somebody"!
And I HAVE heard that line more than a few dozen times!

So, just think about that a bit, before we all yell GUILTY at this current suspect before all the proof and evidence is in!

A lot of the answers you seek are in this thread, can be found through google, and in Michelle McNamara's book.

I am absolutely celebrating this monster's arrest .

Yes there is a reason that the FBI chose to really highlight this sketch in 2016. It was the only sketch put on billboards. Known as "Revised Maggiore" it has long been rumoured that it not only includes one of the best witness descriptions of the killer (by witness Karl N.) but that it also incorporates elements of DNA phenotyping from a company like Parabon.
I think the sketches match very well to DeAngelo
the eyes appear a very close match --especially taking into account the age difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin