CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Feb 2, 2017.

1. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

2. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Elaine’s case is briefly mentioned in this article.

“When a man was killed in Malibu Creek State Park last summer while camping with his two young daughters, it sent the placid Southern California community into hysterics—spawning amateur sleuths, conspiracy theories, and public paranoia. Was it related to a rash of unsolved incidents in the area? But while the tragedy’s aftermath publicly played out like a new season of Serial, there was also a family left picking up the pieces after a seemingly random act of violence. This is a story about what happens when lightning strikes in the most chilling manner imaginable.”

The Unsolved Mystery of the Malibu Creek Murder

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  3. marco855

marco855 Member

I haven't looked at the Malibu creek murder, but the cases of Elaine Park and Matthew Weaver are connected in one way. They each can be solved without searching the 4 corners,...…….so to speak.

4. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

I'm not following (not your fault, I'm sluggish today). Can you elaborate, please? Thanks!

inmyhumbleopinion and Steph9676 like this.
  5. Crazyjster

Crazyjster Active Member

@Suglo I don't believe Elaine's case is related to the Malibu creek incidents (nor do I believe all of the Malibu creek incidents over the years are work of the person charged...that's a whole different story)...but I think there are similarities between Elaine's case and Matthew Weavers case. The article posted mentioned Elaine's case more as background on how the Lost Hills PD has not made the public as aware of incidents that have occurred in its jurisdiction or the writer felt has not perused cases as thoroughly...(I'm trying to use nice wording lol)

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators