CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

Fate of Missing Glendale Woman Mystifies Mother, Friends, Police
8b586ef8c3ee1c095b83536a8682bfda.jpg

Elaine Park, a 20-year-old from Glendale, was still missing a week after her car was found parked in Malibu. Her mother and two of her friends returned to Corral Beach in an attempt to find anyone with information that might help solve the mystery Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...oman-Seek-Help-at-Malibu-Beach-413365563.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Do you suppose someone dumped the car there setting it up as a suspected suicide? IYKWIM

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I feel so bad for Elaine's mom after reading that article. Sounds like Elaine may have had something negative going on in her life after getting fired from her job and dropping out of school recently. Praying that she is found safe.
Welcome Lalipop!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My only guess as to what happened to her, ruling out voluntary disappearance, is that driving home late at night by herself, someone saw her and began following her in their vehicle. After that, it's a huge question mark.
The only reason that came to mind is because I just recently read a story like that on reddit. This woman was followed from the freeway all the way to her neighborhood entrance. She didn't want to lead him to her house so she kept driving to the police station and he finally drove off.
With that being said, I don't know if I really think that is what happened to her. It's just the only scenario I could come up with, because this is a pretty strange disappearance. Then again, which ones aren't?
:-/

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I saw this case while looking for updates on the Maricela Garcia case. There is a large gap in the timeline from when she is last seen and when her car is found. From what little info there is on this, I tend to believe someone other than Elaine parked the car there. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that she went to that location a lot.

I am continuing to hope for the best for this beautiful girl.....I am closely following another local case so this is rather worrisome.

With noticing from her social media pages I can't help but wonder if her lifestyle put her into danger. Or like another poster's theory.... it could have been that since she was traveling alone someone could have followed her. Maybe someone stopped her for directions, OR tapped her car and faked an accident?!! Was her car out of gas when found, I seriously doubt she would leave her keys and belongings tho if that was the case. Not sure if her phone was left behind either..Or the car was definitely dumped in my opinion.

Prayers go out to Elaine's mom and family. Hoping she is located soon.

That latest article gives the most information so far.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...oman-Seek-Help-at-Malibu-Beach-413365563.html
"Investigators have learned that after Elaine left her mother's home on that last Friday in January, she met with a former boyfriend and went to his family's Calabasas compound, which has both a main house and a guest house.

Before dawn the next morning, security camera video obtained by police shows Park left the property "on her own," said Glendale Police Sgt. Robert William."

It also gives the link to a FB page "Help Find Elaine Park" set up by her mother and friends. https://www.facebook.com/helpfindelainepark/
as well as a page (link not allowed here).

Took a look at that page and saw this info I haven't seen elsewhere. It shows that same photo with Elaine and a parrot perched on her arm (websleuths posts 63 & 66 on this thread) and says
"Last seen on January 28th @ 6:05am leaving Calabasas wearing Jean Shorts as seen below..."
So now we have a partial description of her clothing and the time she left the bf's house.

I also perused Elaine's twitter page. (Thanks to poster xmcamfx for posting Elaine's twitter page: https://twitter.com/x9lain9x)
Looking through it, I did find two older photos showing Malibu beach. One, dated 31 July 2015 with the caption "2am in malibu" shows her with 2 friends on the beach (I think it's the same two friends in the nbcLA article and video). The second one, dated 1 Nov 2015 is a 3-sec video of an ocean's shore where she's written "Malibu" over it, and wrote the caption:"how to deal w hangovers in cali"

I'm far removed from her generation and don't even understand a lot of what she is talking about in her twitter (lol), but it's not hard to infer that she partied hard. Lots of folks did though, and lived to tell their tales. I hope Elaine does, too. What happened to you, Elaine?

I don't party anymore or have much of a social life right now, but I'm 23 so I have a bit of insight into the mind of a young woman possibly. Her Twitter is mostly lyrics and nothing really to write home about so far from my sleuthing, except the fact that she has kept using her twitter up until Jan 2017 where on her Instagram she hasn't posted anything since September 2016. Around that time she was posting frequently, about once a week up to every 2 days or so, then an abrupt stop in September and nothing else since. Her mom noted she can become depressed sometimes, said Elaine recently lost her job, and that she hasn't attended school this semester. The guy she was meeting up with that night is a former boyfriend she was still seeing, so there must have been something complicated going on between them that could have been causing her stress. Maybe that's why she left his house late at night. The only reason I can think of as to why a beautiful girl with a fun life (as seen through Instagram) would stop posting after such a routine of doing would be because something changed - is that when her and the ex broke up? I don't really know what to think right now - I want to sleuth more through her IG and Twitter but part of me feels wrong and like it's pointless, but I still feel the need to. This girl is so young and very beautiful, I've been thinking about her daily. And Maricela and Chelsea.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

So what is up with her boyfriend? Is there any evidence that she drove away from him that night, and was safe and sound? I guess there must be since he is not a named POI or being detained.

Maybe she was carjacked/kidnapped after she left his home? Calabasas is a very safe area. Raised my kids up there and it was a pretty safe place for someone to drive around in---even late at night.

It feels to me like she had to have been targeted somehow.

The area where she was last seen was in the Monte Nido area of Calabasas. This is the same area Mitrice Richardson's naked skeletal remains were found in 2010. While there has been searches of where her car was found in Malibu, there has been no search of the home or area she was last seen and according to the detective there are no planned searches of that area.

This case is still on my heart.....

I am glad to see the ongoing activity/posts on the "Help Find Elaine Park" FB page. The current posts by commenters says a lot. The more people engaging the more someone will talk or 'break'. I personally feel they do need to talk to the last person who saw her (the ex bf-- which they say she briefly dated up till then) and get a large search party together & search where she was last seen. Time is of the essence in cases like this.

I feel her car was dumped by someone not by her...... Or another theory can be she was despondent & with that who knows where she could have fled to, but I just can't see that with this gal. I did notice on her social media pics she frequented Malibu late at night w/girlfriends.

So hiring a PI would be so helpful, hoping the family has done this.

Prayers for her & her family!

I noticed on her twitter she mentioned wanting to find "better hiking trails". An earlier post mentioned a lot of cliffs in the area headed to Malibu where her car was found. Might not mean anything but with her Twitter references to smoking marijuana she might have stopped to meet someone to either score or smoke together and go on a night hike. Just speculation.

Also, on 15th Nov her tweet makes a reference to Postmates. Seeing as MG is missing and worked for Postmates there could be a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did she drive for Uber or Lyft?

My PI team talked to Mom on a conference call tonight. I am hoping she decides to retain them because they don't charge the family and can do things that LE won't or can't.
Alan Duke did a VERY interesting interview with her as well. There is very significant and telling new information coming out. He said the podcast should be online by 5am EST with a full story a couple of hours later. I will be in bed but please someone post the link as soon as its up. It will make for very interesting discussion that once it's MSM, it can be brought here.
Here is the link to Nancy Grace's podcast page where it will appear:

http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/

Hopefully, this will help bring Elaine home.

They talk about Elaine on NG podcast under the title [FONT=&quot]Sarah Dunsey’s rescue brings hope for others. I don't know how to post the direct link.[/FONT]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back