GUILTY CA - Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, San Diego, 13 Oct 2014 *Arrest*

"Garcia says Sullivan’s girlfriend moved in about two months after Elizabeth’s disappearance and quickly became a part of the community."

“It’s just all so strange,” Garcia says. “Why would her body show up in almost the exact spot where she was last spotted two years ago and right at the time when her husband and children were moving away?”

https://people.com/crime/missing-elizabeth-sullivan-found-dead/

He really must have thought he would get away with this, I guess....I feel so sorry for their two daughters.

"Garcia says Sullivan’s girlfriend moved in about two months after Elizabeth’s disappearance and quickly became a part of the community."

“It’s just all so strange,” Garcia says. “Why would her body show up in almost the exact spot where she was last spotted two years ago and right at the time when her husband and children were moving away?”

Who are these people in the "community" that quickly accepted the girlfriend?? Seems like they'd be a bit reserved considering the circumstances.

It definitely sounds like she was in a freezer and had to be disposed of when someone moved...

For a gf to be moving in just 2 months after she disappeared, sounds to me like she (the gf) might have been around long before Elizabeth went missing.

He really must have thought he would get away with this, I guess....I feel so sorry for their two daughters.

He probably still thinks he'll get away with it. Just speculating, of course, but the horrible truth is that he might just get away with murder. I feel sorry for her children too. I don't think it's good enough that they find out the truth "someday". Her family must feel like they can't do much to get true Justice for Elizabeth.

First, LE couldn't do much when they didn't have a deceased body. Now, LE has to find proof before they can arrest someone. They need to find evidence that will be rock solid in court. Was anything collected two years ago that might help build a case? Was there a freezer, a car used to transport? Is there a witness? Anyone that could've been helping hide and dispose of a body needs to be heavily questioned. I'm hoping someone had a big mouth and told somebody something.

they will be able to tell through autopsy if her body was frozen, and I believe she was. the water in SD is warm she would not be anything but bones now if she had ben there the whole time.

It may have occurred in San Diego, but she was from our part of the country and her family is still here. While I'm saddened by the fact she is deceased, I'm not surprised and I hope yields leads for LE.

Her family are a class act. I feel so very badly for them. On top of the heartache of Missing Elizabeth they had been denied any interaction with her children for two years. This breaks my heart. I hope that soon the truth is revealed, the family gets justice, along with custody of the children, then Elizabeth can rest in peace.

Also, staying within TOS, I wonder if the Murderer acted alone, or had an accomplice? If body was stored frozen for two years, well, I dunno. Just thinking.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Her family are a class act. I feel so very badly for them. On top of the heartache of Missing Elizabeth they had been denied any interaction with her children for two years. This breaks my heart. I hope that soon the truth is revealed, the family gets justice, along with custody of the children, then Elizabeth can rest in peace.

Also, staying within TOS, I wonder if the Murderer acted alone, or had an accomplice? If body was stored frozen for two years, well, I dunno. Just thinking.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The murderer might have rented a storage unit and put a freezer in it. Or, an accomplice might have done this for him in their own name.

Another classic case?

I am pure-dee disgusted at this point.

The children need to be out of there and with their mama's family to nurture them. Bless their little hearts, and that of their mother, who was trying to do her best for them. So glad for Elizabeth's family that they will finally be able to lay her to rest.

We should have know if she was frozen or not ay her optopsy. She wouldnt be the first woman held captive for long periods of time.

We should have know if she was frozen or not ay her optopsy. She wouldnt be the first woman held captive for long periods of time.

I believe I've heard that as well. IF that is true, that would be a significant lead for LE. Did the husband have a freezer or did he buy one shortly afterwards? If she was frozen, it would not have to be in the house or apartment, but it could be in a storage unit.

A few things throw this theory off for me. Eyewitnesses see her - or someone like her - 2 days after she was thought to have last been seen and again on 21 October. This makes me think that if one or both or of these sightings is valid, it was someone else close to her. Also the husband is, or was at the time, in the Navy. Was he on board a ship? Could the ship have been out when she was last seen? Could he have been on duty on such a ship? Yes, he could still have left the ship if he wasn't actually on watch, but depending on the ship and his rate the quarterdeck personnel would have been in his duty section and they would made note of one of their section members leaving without permission. If he was on shore duty that changes this entire scenario.

Friend: Navy wife met with divorce attorney before her murder
Updated: Dec 09, 2016 6:10 PM PST
http://www.cbs8.com/story/34019818/friend-navy-wife-met-with-divorce-attorney-before-her-murder

A friend of Liz Sullivan said the navy wife met with a divorce attorney on the same day she went missing in 2014.

It bears repeating, IMO, and begs for further questioning and investigation. Words like coincidental and convenient come to mind.

Was there a freezer?

This is purely MOO -- Elizabeth deserves a better investigation than has been done so far.

That she went missing the same day she met with a divorce attorney does seem to be too much of a coincidence. But that may be TOO soon unless she told the husband. Some divorce attorneys will give the client a chance to think about it overnight or for a day or two and meet with them again.

Still too many coincidences, but if her body was frozen that is something that would be difficult to conceal from a spouse or live-in girlfriend. Not saying they couldn't do it, but it would be difficult. For that reason, I only believe it is 50-50 on the husband. Otherwise, a guy she was seeing. There was supposed to be another man (living in Carlsbad CA?). Or maybe a new guy she had not talked about?

I hope this was the last Christmas in freedom for the person(s) responsible for Elizabeth's murder. Thinking of her girls and the rest of her family.

If a freezer was involved in this, the question to me is why? If she was murdered why not drive outside SD and bury her? Of course, this leaves forensic evidence behind in the vehicle, but transporting the body to a freezer would carry the same risk. (Has someone who was close to Elizabeth sold a vehicle after she was last seen?) Was the freezing done with the plan to make it easier to dismember the body and the person backed off the plan? If Elizabeth was frozen, the killer likely made a very grave error - they preserved the body and possibly the cause of death. And maybe other forensic evidence.

Of course, she could have been alive all this time. But leaving her children for that long is something I highly doubt.

Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Hoping whoever did this is looking over their shoulder wondering what LE and the medical examiner are going to find!

This story is so sad! Im in San Diego right near where Elizabeth and her husband lived and go to Liberty Station often. Her husband's behavior is odd even if they were having marital problems. In particular, having a new gf within months of her disappearance and moving her into the home he shared with Elizabeth and their two small children. It is not only disrespectful to elizabeth, but to their children, too whom are surely scared and confused about where mom is.

His new gf commented on the fb page her family set up titled "remembering our lived one:Elizabeth Sullivan". Her comment is on the post dated 10/3/16 where her cousin discusses how Matt has cut all ties with Elizabeth's family. This is a public page and so is his gf's page.

Here is family fb page:

Here is 10/3 post:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1820536088165352&id=1558241124394851

Gf's comment is 6th comment down under the name Kay Elizabeth Taylor (her name was publically reported in media so I thought it would be ok to list it here).

Some things to note:

Gf is friends w Elizabeth Sullivan on fb. Did they know one another before she disappeared?

Matt and gf have many happy looking pics. In one pic just 5 months after Elizabeth is missing, he looks rather happy for a man concerned about his missing wife.

Many pics of girls w gf.

Matt and gf posted public family photos with girls less than a year after her disappearance in Sept 2015.

Have a look for yourself. It all seems very strange to me. I am curious where he met this gf since it appears she lived in Maryland when Elizabeth disappeared.

:welcome: MamaZA

:tyou:Thank You for mentioning what you stumbled upon. Found what you had to say interesting.

Gosh, I do wonder if the two little girls were bewildered by the fast, SUDDEN changes. Not even a divorce would normally bring such a sudden abrupt cut off from a parent. Now, the new couple seems preoccupied with adding to their family. I certainly hope those girls aren't pushed aside. Someday they might question all we are questioning now.

Elizabeth was murdered and someone has gotten away with it so far. I wish her family and loved ones will continue to push for a continued investigation and not allow this case to go cold.

Thank you, Curious Me! I have read this site many times but never felt compelled to comment until now.

I wanted to mention that my above comment is just my opinion. I am not accusing Matt Sullivan. I just think his behavior is odd and leaves people with questions.

I find it odd that he claims she was never out more than a night yet he let four days go by and never reported her missing. A friend did instead. And while he was in the Navy, I belive he was stationed here in san diego and not out on deployment...so why didnt he report her missing? Why is it he had to be notified of the missing person's report as an early article mentioned.

I agree, Curious Me. Somebody killed her and at this point they feel they got away with it. I equally hope investigators do not let this case go cold.

Also wanted to mention. Liberty station is a big place with many people running around. I do not believe the "sightings" of her were actually her, especially since thereporting party did not know her. There are many people that looks like Elizabeth in san diego. Could have been a look-a-like. Im sure the "confirmed sighting" comment was just meant to be that police were confirming that someone reported seeing her. Not that they confirmed it was in fact Elizabeth. Just my thoughts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back