CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ER]’s former roommate tells what it was like to live with the mass murderer

... he moved out ... because he had a “bad feeling”.

... [Ex-roommate] said his roommate told him that he believed Rodger had a firearm because he could hear a gun “clicking.”

“I didn’t hear the clicks, but he said that he would click the gun over and over and the way the room is set up you could see the silhouette of everything that’s going on there,” [ex-roommate] told ...

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...he-mass-murderer/story-fnh81jut-1226936822171

Here is the video:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/roommate-santa-barbara-killer-elliot-rodger-bad-feeling/story?id=23916334

No, "Xanax", and generic "Alprazolam" in tablets.

I know that, but can a compounding pharmacy compound it into a time release form so you don't have to take the pills four times a day?

New Information on Isla Vista Mass Murder Case

... regarding the April 30th "check the welfare" call...

... time-line of when the Sheriff’s Office received the so-called "Retribution" video and the 137-page "manifesto ...

... clarify information about a reported attempt by Rodger’s family to contact law enforcement the night of the shooting rampage. ...

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5206455/

ETA:

... April 30, 2014 "Check the Welfare" Call
At approximately 10:17 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30, 2014, the Santa Barbara County Emergency Communications Center received a call from a mental health staff member assigned to answer the Santa Barbara County Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Toll Free Access Line. The staff member requested deputies check the welfare of 22-year-old Elliot Rodger, who lived at an apartment in the 6500 block of Seville Road in Isla Vista. The staff member said she had been contacted by a person who identified himself as a friend of Elliot Rodger. Based on information from the caller and Elliot Rodger’s mother, the staff member on the Mental Health hot line requested a welfare check on Elliot Rodger. ...

[Fri, May 23rd, night of rampage]
... The Sheriff’s Office became aware of and received the "Retribution" video and the 137-page "manifesto" approximately one hour after the shooting rampage occurred....

... Rodger uploaded his "Retribution" video on YouTube at 9:17 p.m. At 9:18 p.m., he e-mailed his "manifesto" to several people, including his mother, father and therapist. The therapist saw the e-mail at approximately 10:00 p.m. and contacted the Santa Barbara Police Department at approximately 10:11 p.m. The Santa Barbara Police Department contacted Rodger’s mother to obtain further information. This information was subsequently forwarded to Sheriff’s detectives at approximately 10:26 p.m., at which time they first viewed the "manifesto" and "Retribution" video. ...

I do need to acknolwege I am in a mood!~ I printed out some more of his writings -on that later! Sad.

But this headline is nuts. I knew the guys that did welfare check followed the law but what is this? A human being is driving around shooting people what exactly is it that LE was supp[osed to do ?

Is there something we are not being told ya all?

While we are on the subject of drugs, ER wrote on page one (P.1) of his "Manifesto" that his mother "had been taking pills to prevent pregnancy," but fell ill and took medicine that "thwarted the effect of the anti-pregnancy pills and so their love making during this period resulted in my life."

"In fact, her pregnancy was an accident."

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/25/us/shooting-document.html?_r=0

Does anyone have an opinion about the validity of this claim, that any medicine would "thwart the effect" of birth control pills?

What do you all think about ER's being told he was an "accident" of this kind?

If he was really told this, and if this is true, which parent would have told him and why? What would be the purpose of saying, "You were an accident because of two drugs not working properly," essentially?

And lastly, if this is true, that he was an "accident," and presumably birth-control pills were negated by some other medicine, could this have affected his fetal and other intrauterine development?

Many drugs approved by the FDA have caused all kinds birth and developmental defects.

If any of this is true, what effects could these drugs have had in creating a monster, or such dysfunctional brain chemistry and personality, that ER seems to defy, at this point, any categorization?

damn straight! You don't throw a disabled person to the wolves they need extra care beyond 18.

... and you don't release a "very, very disturbed", unmedicated, unsupervised young man in the midst of innocent people. JMO

No family is without dysfunction to some degree , they just seem perfect from the outside looking in, not a "true reality". First thing people say "They were the perfect family" When a family member wipes out their household. IMO It "looks" like they controlled his life but I see it as a "false reality" .Everything they did ,play dates,changing schools,clothes,cars was their reaction to what ER was telling them. IMO He was the one in total control. He manipulated every situation, from a very young age. The parents only saw their painfully shy ASD(DR Diagnosis) and the mom tried to make it easier for him to fit in, Parental guilt (born this way) is a very strong , we try to make it better, he played them like a fiddle IMO. Even the step mom tried play date !

I certainly did not suggest any family is perfect. But not every family is dysfunctional to the point of toxicity, either. I'm not sure it's Elliot's fault for everything they did. The divorce, number of times they moved, the quick remarriage of his father, their financial problems, the fact that he was required to live at both homes, the multiple trips overseas for long periods of time, none of that was Elliot's manipulation. Especially the trip overseas with his stepmother that Elliot did NOT want to take and was forced to do so. Every aspect of the kid's life seems to have been dictated by someone else.

JMO

Oh wow. Methinks police have some explaining to do. They knew of videos but decided not to view them because they decided Rodger was not a threat. Well, shouldn't they have viewed the videos first before deciding it?

While we are on the subject of drugs, ER wrote on page one (P.1) of his "Manifesto" that his mother "had been taking pills to prevent pregnancy," but fell ill and took medicine that "thwarted the effect of the anti-pregnancy pills and so their love making during this period resulted in my life."

Does anyone have an opinion about the validity of this claim, that any medicine would "thwart the effect" of birth control pills?

If he was really told this, and if this is true, which parent would have told him and why? What would be the purpose of saying, "You were an accident because of two drugs not working properly," essentially?

And lastly, if this is true, that he was an "accident," and presumably birth-control pills were negated by some other medicine, could this have affected his fetal and other intrauterine development?

Many drugs approved by the FDA have caused all kinds birth and developmental defects.

If any of this is true, what effects could these drugs have had in creating a monster, or such dysfunctional brain chemistry and personality, that ER seems to defy, at this point, any categorization?

Antibiotics can reduce the efficacy of BCPs. ETA, I don't see a huge deal about saying a kid was an accident as long as it is followed up with how happy the parent is about that accident.

I don't know validity of his particular claim, but absolutely there are medicines that can interfere with birth control pills.

I do need to acknolwege I am in a mood!~ I printed out some more of his writings -on that later! Sad.

But this headline is nuts. I knew the guys that did welfare check followed the law but what is this? A human being is driving around shooting people what exactly is it that LE was supp[osed to do ?

Is there something we are not being told ya all?

IMO They handled it as a wellness check and not a 5150 check. If the mom was the one to call I would think she assumed ER was going to kill himself.But if a Mental Health Professional called it in, as a 5150 And the officer mishandled it he would be in trouble but ER was highly manipulative and fooled many people.

I don't know validity of his particular claim, but absolutely there are medicines that can interfere with birth control pills.

Some antibiotics render the pill useless, that how we got my nephew ! :blushing:

LGlass (paraphrased): When you have a disturbed child, your responsibilities as parents don't end when that child turns 18.

-from Tricia's radio program

He was not disabled. I don't think he was even autistic. Malignant narcissism sounds about right to me.

Antibiotics are well known to negate birth control pills. Just one example I know of, I'm sure there's more.

I now see I'm like the 5th one to say the same thing, sorry! I was just excited to know something, lol...

Interesting analysis...

And... While the writer suggests there needs to be more accurate diagnoses of pathological narcissism...

There is no suggestions for the treatment of pathological narcissism...

:waitasec:

Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eating disorders
Two types of narcissistic defenses that were measured with eating pathology were "poisonous pedagogy" and "narcissistically abused". Poisonous pedagogy is one who places blame on others and is overly critical of others' inadequacies.

Have not seen this before and I usually triple check info sources but ER sure did write about the food he ate when he was in upsetting situations.

I think a bigger question is why he was told such details of his conception and that his birth was not intended.

Oh wow. Methinks police have some explaining to do. They knew of videos but decided not to view them because they decided Rodger was not a threat. Well, shouldn't they have viewed the videos first before deciding it?

And oh wow, I guess they didn't do a check for guns registered to ER before the Welfare Call. Don't know if that's SBCSO protocol but, if not, maybe it should be. JMO

Also re Welfare Call, doesn't sound like LE spoke with ER's therapist/s at the time so I wonder how much info LE had about ER's past history, how much did ER's mom tell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb46761