CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe he ambushed them one at a time..........one came home, he blitz attacked him, another came home, he blitz attacked him, and the unfortunate visitor just came by at the wrong time. His 2 "friends" that he had invited over for the weekend were lucky they didn't take him up on his offer.

But..........with his obsessed planning, anything is possible. I'm taking into consideration the rage he had, but then there was the sense of control he wanted.....?

We really won't know anything until if/when LE wants to release that info. :twocents:

I, too, am curious about how ER was able to kill the three young men in the apartment...

I believe the young man, PB, shared in his interview that his mom had been incorrect that PB and Addison had been invited by ER to his apartment that weekend...

:seeya:

I, too, am curious about how ER was able to kill the three young men in the apartment...

I believe the young man, PB, shared in his interview that his mom had been incorrect that PB and Addison had been invited by ER to his apartment that weekend...

In his manifesto it says he will stab his roommates while they are sleeping and behead them.

And oh wow, I guess they didn't do a check for guns registered to ER before the Welfare Call. Don't know if that's SBCSO protocol but, if not, maybe it should be. JMO

Also re Welfare Call, doesn't sound like LE spoke with ER's therapist/s at the time so I wonder how much info LE had about ER's past history, how much did ER's mom tell them?

They didn't seem to do much of anything after deciding he was polite. Haven't they heard of Ted Bundy?
Yet apparently this was all well and good, according to your link.
Wow.

[ER]’s former roommate tells what it was like to live with the mass murderer

... he moved out ... because he had a “bad feeling”.

... [Ex-roommate] said his roommate told him that he believed Rodger had a firearm because he could hear a gun “clicking.”

“I didn’t hear the clicks, but he said that he would click the gun over and over and the way the room is set up you could see the silhouette of everything that’s going on there,” [ex-roommate] told ...

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...he-mass-murderer/story-fnh81jut-1226936822171

So, the question begs -- *** who was ER talking with on the phone all the time because they obviously knew he was not coping at all ***????

By the way, this roommie (Rugg) is brilliantly articulated.

Oh wow. Methinks police have some explaining to do. They knew of videos but decided not to view them because they decided Rodger was not a threat. Well, shouldn't they have viewed the videos first before deciding it?

That is insane especially if a Mental health Professional made that call to police. Insane we put laws in place but some situations are left up to the discretion of the individual officers judgement! That is fine if it is something non threatening to the person or public but in something like a 5150 should be taken extremely serious. :tantrum::banghead::banghead::banghead::tantrum:

What good is a hotline if cops don't take it seriously.

Honestly, About as good as CPS Hotline is.How many cases here that we see where they never went out to check or had a file thicker then a BIBLE !

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Antibiotics are well known to negate birth control pills. Just one example I know of, I'm sure there's more.

I now see I'm like the 5th one to say the same thing, sorry! I was just excited to know something, lol...

Thank you! I am glad to have a number of people saying the same thing, as I don't know the BCP or the medicine CR was taking, or even if this is all true. And, I have never heard this about antibiotics, so now will look it up, if in fact she was talking antibiotics.

And I do wonder how ER was told he was an accident? We don't know if it was in a loving way or some other way that made him feel he was not a wanted child, as his sister was. He states as much about his sister later, that she was wanted.

None of this, in my opinion, mitigates what ER did in any way. I am just trying to get some understanding of this person, who wreaked so much
destruction, and what made him able to do this.

I wonder too, if ER was really happy, as he claims, and acting as a "normal" well-adjusted child (up to the divorce), or if this is part of his fantasy or fictional world.

My guess is nobody. Probably just ranting. My brother's rants sound very much like conversation, but there's nobody there. I consider it practicing his scripted dialog because I recognize snippets of his rants in casual conversation at later times. I know ER's Aspergers diagnosis is debatable, but there are some very familiar traits in his language. *note: I do not believe my brother has anything in common with ER aside from some AS type behaviors.
So, the question begs -- *** who was ER talking with on the phone all the time because they obviously knew he was not coping at all ***????

I haven't read this link yet

Probably making believe he was having a conversion to fool his roomies into thinking he had friends.

The list of victims is very wide.This roomie probably feels terrible he did not call police.

My guess is nobody. Probably just ranting. My brother's rants sound very much like conversation, but there's nobody there. I consider it practicing his scripted dialog because I recognize snippets of his rants in casual conversation at later times. I know ER's Aspergers diagnosis is debatable, but there are some very familiar traits in his language. *note: I do not believe my brother has anything in common with ER aside from some AS type behaviors.

It makes me sad that you felt you had to add that. I feel the same way when a mother who is bi polar kills her child, my mom was manic depressive now called bi polar but MD fit what she suffered from.My mom was a terrific mother who would have died protecting me or any child, she is nothing like them. It is terrible that people and their families feel so stigmatized to need to add a "disclaimer" to defend our loved ones who have done nothing wrong .

Interesting analysis...

And... While the writer suggests there needs to be more accurate diagnoses of pathological narcissism...

There is no suggestions for the treatment of pathological narcissism...

What follows is only addressing the article! I so totally disagree with this piece. The Narcissistic Personality disordered are charming, outgoing, vivacious and engaging – that is how they manipulate people. This child sat in his room, for two decades, in order to manipulate someone you have to have contact! How can you manipulate someone from your room or car alone?

Narcissistic disorder folks are keenly intuitive as far as reading people, body language, subtitles of interaction That is the complete opposite of what we have seen and learned about him,

He might have had narcissistic qualities – but in a clinical , or in any connection to his final choices – those are AU/Major Depression . There is a difference between “smart” and “bright”. He was smart, but certainly not bright –bright requires an ability to read people way past what they are presenting to the world. Luka Mag – now that is a Narcissistic Personality Disorder!! Ted Bundy ! The Craig’s list dude!

He is high functioning . We have to take all this from April 30 Forward. LE did not knock on his door for homicidal concerns. Mom thought her child might kill himself (turns out she was correct). The liking name brand stuff is identical to the 65 year old driving around in a Corvette with the top down. Its compensation for feelings of inadequacy.

In his view (totally missing his profound social ineptness as a result of his illness) he was rejected. There was no insight into the component in order get laid one must have conversation (prostitute exemption!). The AU misses that connection.

Funny spell check let last sentence above read (prostate exemption!) Cracked me up and glad I caught it !!

An indivual who has been involved in therapy for over a decade knows the risk of harming someone. I am sure (depression) he had been asked about his intent to kill himself on more than one occasion. SO her learned the “answers”.

Did that Dr. have any responsibility to report this "very, very disturbed" young man who refused to take the drug the Dr thought was necessary OR follow through to make sure ER was receiving proper care/attention? TIA

I'm behind in the reading here, but it's possible he never TOLD anyone he had decided not to take the medication. He might have repeatedly had it refilled at the appropriate times (monthly or quarterly) so that his parents (who were probably paying for it via their insurance) and the shrink would not know that he was not taking it.

IMO The people he did murder was in place of his "friends" who in his twisted mine betrayed his friendship. I think that is why he railed about both men and woman and murdered both genders. If he could have assembled all his "enemies" (friends) in one place at the same time he would have but he knew that would be impossible. His retribution for their Betrayal and Rejection. He lived in an altered reality , NONE of his friends are to blame. I do hope they get help if they need it after him sending those email and ensuring the media would print their name all over the internet ! JMO

I'm behind in the reading here, but it's possible he never TOLD anyone he had decided not to take the medication. He might have repeatedly had it refilled at the appropriate times (monthly or quarterly) so that his parents (who were probably paying for it via their insurance) and the shrink would not know that he was not taking it.

Since he saw Dr Sophy who prescribed the medication ER refused to take back in 2012, it would be obvious that he wasn't on the med. And I believe ER only saw Dr Sophy once or twice.
Scripts are not self-renewing. You must go back to the DR to get the prescription written once the "refill" point is finished.

However, ER was taking Xanax and I do not know if he had been prescribed that from the DR who treated his injuries from the "ledge" incident? Or perhaps he was getting Xanax from the "black market" which is common.

You could be right but I thought ER was more up front about his refusal to take the drug.

In his manifesto, IIRC, he said he looked up the drug and didn't like what he found out about it and refused to take it. I guess I interpreted that as he told his parents as much but who knows.

Oh wow. Methinks police have some explaining to do. They knew of videos but decided not to view them because they decided Rodger was not a threat. Well, shouldn't they have viewed the videos first before deciding it?
Great post in this thread wherein the cops outlined everything to minuts. It was compelling. They did not know any of the stuff until after an hour after it was done! The April 30 call was what the law mandates, they did so they have no repsonsiblity regarding what happened a month later - they would be fortune tellers!

We must remember the timelines duty to warn is IMMINENT danger only!

I am more bewildered by the cops in the shootout being on leave - then maybe that is protocol when people die???

Since he saw Dr Sophy who prescribed the medication ER refused to take back in 2012, it would be obvious that he wasn't on the med. And I believe ER only saw Dr Sophy once or twice.
Scripts are not self-renewing. You must go back to the DR to get the prescription written once the "refill" point is finished.

However, ER was taking Xanax and I do not know if he had been prescribed that from the DR who treated his injuries from the "ledge" incident? Or perhaps he was getting Xanax from the "black market" which is common.

I heard the family's attorney say that ER was taking Xanax for six months (not clear if it was the last six months or not). I doubt the attorney would have admitted to the family having knowledge of ER taking pills, if they were illegally obtained.

JMO

I agree taste, that was the most fascinating interview IMO to date. I hope he starts therapy because he is in for a super rough round of guilt, A fascinating glipse into ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member