CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God! I'm so glad there is evidence and that they are pursuing this. I was so afraid that this was going to drift into the horizon like so many other cases where there just isn't enough to make a case.

I think the ambulance pics must be from the original call when she faked her own injuries, don't you?

And ITA that it is very weird that no one has pressured Stacey to tell them what happened to Emma. To me that is a big, flashing sign that they know she killed Emma and they aren't ready to hear it and/or they know they could be called to testify.

Creepy!

YES!! Finally. I got goosebumps reading this. I have been following since the day this happened and have also felt the frustration that everyone else had about her being free.

Thank goodness they arrested her.
The silmilarities to Caylee's murder are too much to ignore. A "pretty" girl murders her precious baby and dumps her like trash...they even sort of look alike. :eek:
I hope this sorry excuse for a mother rots, too.
Sick, sick, sick. :mad:

I totally agree. This sounds like a pretty tight-knot family and maybe the pressure from the family for answers is what drove her to grandpa's. Nick actually seems like a decent kid, and was broken up (Im sure STILL is, as EVERYONE else is) from Emma's death. Who wouldn't be?

Sounds like maybe the tox results came back?? They usually have a 30 day turn around ( info from a tech friend in LV) and we just passed that day. By the time it took to get the warrant, dot their i's and cross their t's, this would coinside with the time frame of tox results. I have a feeling she will TALK to save her LIFE-

Too bad she didn't care about Emma's life......

RIP Emma Leigh Barker- You can fly free now, they got her......:angel:

Bolded by Me.

I think that this might be the reason she was arrested. I wonder what the tox tests showed?

Kudos to everyone that wrote, those that are members here on WS and those that are guests that helped too. I know that today, I won't be sending any and I'm sure the ppl that has been getting them will be very happy not to be hearing from me everytime they open their email LOL

Rest in peace sweet Emma, may justice be swift for you little one.

I am very glad something finally happen. I check this thread everyday, and am thankful you all stayed here. Yesterday morning I checked and I was starting to get so angry that she wasnt in jail, or charged with lying and throwing her child out. I just didnt get it. Even if it was an accident anyone else would of been charged with that stuff. I am hoping this is a start, and more killers will be caught, more children and adults will be found.

This is great news! I'll tell you what, a 1 million dollar bond is not sought for an accidental death.

I was hoping that's what the high bond meant!

And what was she doing at her grandfathers house? I thought she was released into the custody of her parents?

I thought the exact same thing. Was her grandfather home all day with her?

Its about time - Ive been watching this case quietly from the sidelines and was starting to wonder if it was just going to "go away" or if someone would step up and DO something

Hmmm, I thought we'd hear a little more today. Oh well, the day's not over yet.

I'm just glad Emma's name is in the news at all!

I did find this comment, I wish I knew who this was.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...blockID=243852&feedID=1198#comment_name243852

Disgusted by u Stacey!
I believed in her. She was a friend. Goes to show you really don't know someone as well as you think u do. She can rot in jail. Emma was innocent and a baby!!!! poor little girl.
Posted by Em at 8:05 am Apr 24, 2009

----
This comment was posted at the bottom of your first link. Does anyone know if this is true, that she has been bonded out?

NO LONGER LOCKED UP
What is wrong with the judicial system. The murderer is now on the loose again. Someone posted bail and she is released. What is wrong with this?
Posted by NO NAME GIVEN at 9:36 pm Apr 23, 2009

----
This comment was posted at the bottom of your first link. Does anyone know if this is true, that she has been bonded out?

NO LONGER LOCKED UP
What is wrong with the judicial system. The murderer is now on the loose again. Someone posted bail and she is released. What is wrong with this?
Posted by NO NAME GIVEN at 9:36 pm Apr 23, 2009

that was some troll messing around last night. Some people have nothing better to do. Some of his other posts from last night have been deleted. Just trying to stir up .:mad:

that was some troll messing around last night. Some people have nothing better to do. Some of his other posts from last night have been deleted. Just trying to stir up .:mad:

---
Thanks, I hope she sits in jail until court day.

WOW! :eek: look what I found on http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6777614

7 kellann25 4/24/09 9:54 AM PDT

Its about time they arrest her, they should have done it in the begining!!!! My friend knows her brother and said that Stacey was on the phone with some guy when Emma choked on a sandwich but by the time she noticed it was way to later to save her. I agree with teribragger, she should NEVER be aloud to have another child EVER! Mark As Violation

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2009/04/emma-barkers-mother-booked-on-suspicion.html

Emma Barker's Mother Booked on Suspicion of Murder

Barker told police someone knocked her out as she was putting Emma in the car and when she woke up, Emma was gone. She later recanted that story and said Emma died in an accident.

As police continued to question Barker, they noted several inconsistencies in her story and her story continued to change over time.

While Barker did have head injuries when police responded to her assault report, detectives are trying to determine whether the injuries were self-inflicted.

Barker was booked Thursday on suspicion of murder and is being held on $1 million bond.

Good Lord, this is becoming an epidemic in this country!

Finally finally finally. I had all but given up in justice for this little angel. How could her mother be such an idiot?

My prayers go out to her family.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=6778923

As police continued their investigation, Barker was taken back into police custody and booked on suspicion of murder. Police said she had several inconsistencies in her story.

Barker's 21-year-old brother Nick Barker told the Associated Press that she was being represented by a public defender because the family can't afford an attorney for her.

Barker is being held on $1 million bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa