Recovered/Located CA - Erica, 39, & Daniel Perez, 43, & 4 Kids, Montebello, 5 Dec 2014

On December 4, Erica put a picture of Daniel as her profile pic and has the caption "My love" next to it. :(

https://twitter.com/10NewsLawrence/status/543567093556600832/photo/1

All I can say is, if you've gotta go through what those poor kids did, there could hardly be two more welcome looking smiling faces to be the officers that greeted you, could there?

B4sjZCYCUAAL9iZ.jpg

Even in one of the SCs above you can see the slightly taller/older/mustached one (that's carrying one of the boys) sort of smiling and that's still in the heat of the moment. Talk about having the perfect guys there at the scene at that moment!

What 2 @chp officers had to say about the @Amber_Alert standoff and the children they helped @10news at 5 and 7

There have been a bunch of interviews today, none of which I heard for a variety of reasons, other than a snippet on KNSD talking about using less lethal force intentionally in this instance (though they'd have used lethal if needed obviously).

Though between that and a snippet I did hear last night on another station, it also sounded like they didn't think he was going to toss or jump with any of the kids (though they obviously weren't going to risk it) but it sounds like they seemed to think he may be using them as a shield so he wouldn't get shot while he analyzed his best "shot" (as in should he jump, be taken willing, risk getting shot, etc.) and that that may be what played into how things played out there toward the end.

But CHP and SWAT did a great job - and TWICE yesterday!

We go weeks and months without them being needed, and yesterday we had TWO freeway standoffs that ended up in SWAT situations. The other was VERY prolonged and involved a gun wielding guy who headed south from up in the Orange County area and came to a stop on the 805 over the 8 (Mission Valley area for those interested) and it brought the 805 to a complete stop both directions during the overnight hours. They had negotiators out and then eventually SWAT and eventually he gave up - just in time for our crazy rain (which I'm sure thrilled all the LEOs!)

Anyway, seeing those smiling faces of those CHP guys made me want to bring them here to share them since I know so many are probably also thinking about those little guys!

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2014/12/15/montebello-father-charged-murdering-wife-kidnapping-children/

A Montebello father was charged Monday with murder and kidnapping for allegedly killing his wife and stuffing her body in the trunk of a car, then disappearing with his four children, sparking a statewide Amber Alert that ended with a freeway standoff in San Diego County...

Prosecutors plan to ask for $1.4 million bail for Perez, who faces up to life in prison if convicted, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/276328...way-standoff-pleads-not-guilty-in-wifes-death

Perez, 43, who was shackled and dressed in clothes issued by the jail's hospital ward, pleaded not guilty to the single count of murder and four counts of kidnapping during his arraignment in downtown Los Angeles. He was ordered to remain jailed in lieu of $1.4 million bail.

He is due back in court Jan. 12, when a date will be sent for a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence for him to stand trial.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Renee Korn issued a protective order requiring him to stay away from his children if he is released. Korn cautioned Perez that he was not allowed to contact his children in any way, including electronically, other than through his attorney.

Montebello Father in Amber Alert Pleads Not Guilty to Murder, Kidnapping | KTLA

From December 15, 2014

(snip)

A Montebello father who was arrested after a freeway chase and standoff with deputies last week pleaded not guilty Monday to the kidnapping of his four sons and murder in the death his wife.

Daniel Perez, 43, appeared in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Monday afternoon to face one count of murder and four counts of kidnapping, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

After entering his plea, Perez was ordered held on $1.4 million bail.

http://ktla.com/2014/12/15/father-accused-in-wifes-killing-kidnapping-4-sons-to-appear-in-court/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 2016:

Montebello man admits to 2014 murder of wife

During what was scheduled to be a pre-trial hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court, “Daniel Diego Perez, 45, pleaded guilty to the second-degree murder of his 39-year-old wife, Erica,” Los Angeles County District Attorney’s officials said in a statement.

He also admitted two counts of child abuse for endangering his two younger sons during the pursuit and standoff leading up to his arrest.

Judge Leslie Swain sentenced Perez to 15 years to life in prison for the murder, plus seven years and four months for the child abuse.

Daniel Perez previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, which originally included kidnapping as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back