GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

And Nichole will probably testify and back up his story:banghead:

So what happens now that he confessed? No more witnesses, no more trial, they will go right to sentencing at a future hearing I believe. Nichole doesn't get to testify.
She can read a statement to the court for his sentencing.

And Nichole will probably testify and back up his story:banghead:

UGGHHH, you are probably right. I bet she will love getting on the stand and lashing out at the victim with vicious lies like that.

I don't think I would share a bottle of sprite with someone I thought was abusing my child.

So what happens now that he confessed? No more witnesses, no more trial, they will go right to sentencing at a future hearing I believe. Nichole doesn't get to testify.

So there can't be any more witnesses after him? Why cant she testi-lie? I guess she will make her accusation of Erin at sentencing to try to reduce his sentence?

Not sure but this is his defense. I don't think the trial will halt.

I was gonna save this for later, as well, but if Erin was strangled enough to draw blood, why wasn't her blood on those blue nitrile gloves they found half in Chris's pocket?

Easy, those weren't the gloves he used.

So now that the accusation is out there. Does the defense have to offer proof of the allegation, or they just get to say it without backing it up?

I think DCF should be involved with the Lee's now. Not reporting abuse makes you an unfit parent. (Not that I believe a word this lump is spewing.)

Not sure but this is his defense. I don't think the trial will halt.

He confessed. The trial is held to defend his guilt. He confessed that he is guilty of the crime he is on trial for. I don't know for sure but I don't think the trial will continue. Unless the defense attorney strongly believes it was a false confession. I don't know if the jury still has to return a guilty verdict or they are dismissed or the judge schedules his sentence hearing next. But a trial won't continue if the defendant confessed to why they were all there in the first place.

I think DCF should be involved with the Lee's now. Not reporting abuse makes you an unfit parent. (Not that I believe a word this lump is spewing.)

That smile Beth said Nichole had on her face in court. Would you be smiling when you know this is going to come out, and will forever be available for people to read on the internet? Add, the media are actually using her name in their news stories. Really you jerks, she's a minor!!!

Add to my last post, I don't believe it's true. If anything, I think Nichole came up with the idea, and he is so dumb, he went along with her.

So now that the accusation is out there. Does the defense have to offer proof of the allegation, or they just get to say it without backing it up?

Maybe that is what the wifey is for? To testify to the discovery of the abuse....:mad:

That smile Beth said Nichole had on her face in court. Would you be smiling when you know this is going to come out, and will forever be available for people to read on the internet? Add, the media are actually using her name in their news stories. Really you jerks, she's a minor!!!

I was just thinking about that poor child. She is going to grow up tagged with this now. Those two care about no one other than themselves.

Exactly. Their poor daughter will have her name forever emblazoned in these articles, on top of everyone knowing her parents were vile people and dad a murderer. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He confessed. The trial is held to defend his guilt. He confessed that he is guilty of the crime he is on trial for. I don't know for sure but I don't think the trial will continue. Unless the defense attorney strongly believes it was a false confession. I don't know if the jury still has to return a guilty verdict or they are dismissed or the judge schedules his sentence hearing next. But a trial won't continue if the defendant confessed to why they were all there in the first place.

I am not sure if the trial gets suddenly halted. Because they do have to determine if it is a truthful confession or not. What if he had said he killed her in self defense. I doubt they would have just accepted that without digging further into an investigation of that claim. Wouldn't the DT have to bring in witnesses to her abusive behavior?

I think that when Baez used this same strategy of BS, that his client knew her baby had drowned and she covered it up because she was so scared of her evil father---didnt the trial continue? I can barely remember because I blocked that train wreck of a trial out of my mind....

Nichole has had a lot of time to coach her daughter. It's obviously too late for a physical examination. It'll be interesting to know if this "abuse" was ever reported and investigated by anyone other than Chris and Nichole. In any case, it's not legal to murder someone you suspect of abusing your child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back