GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is ok to post this coincidental press release regarding a 29 Palms resident.

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Med...YuccaValleyPossessionofDestructiveDevice.aspx

Note: Station: Homocide Detail

WOW - I wondered what a "destructive device" is and found the following:

California Penal Code 18710 PC makes it a crime to possess a “destructive device.”
Destructive devices include things like:
• Bombs,
• Grenades,
•Explosive missiles,
•Projectiles containing any kind of explosive or incendiary material, and
•Certain rockets and rocket-propelled projectiles.

Misdemeanor penalty is 1 year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Felony penalty is up to 3 years in state prison and a $10,000 fine.

I would think that they were just trying to get him on anything to get a chance to talk to him. And an explosive device is an explosive device, be it firecracker or hand grenade. I think they saw an opportunity and grabbed it.

Also, since the search warrant was for a place and he doesn't live there, then did he have this device on him? Otherwise couldn't he claim it had nothing to do with him?

Maybe he DID live there, as of recently, OR he would live there "sometimes". We just don't know. :(

This "new" warrant was also served several days after the warrants for the two apts on Jasmine. So maybe something found in the Jasmine warrant led them to pursue another warrant on Geronimo.

Perhaps Chris told LE he slept at the ranch the night Erin went missing, or the night after? That would be a good reason to search the premises there.

He could have been staying there if his wife had given him the boot too........

And in that case, you would think a smart person would move their destructive devices elsewhere. :)

Question, if he had been cleared of any wrong doing or crime, wouldn't LE had said that as well?

Perhaps Chris told LE he slept at the ranch the night Erin went missing, or the night after? That would be a good reason to search the premises there.

Or maybe he said he did and others said he did not. Or vice versa, hence the report of conflicting stories.

Tack room or barn wouldn't typically be considered a "residence" with a physical address but maybe there is a 2nd home, mobile or otherwise on the property or CBL was staying there temporarily after he ETS'd? maybe actively working there even (speculation only). Could also be some in-barn quarters for temp workers.

Have seen in some cases in the past where LE hauls in somebody in their sights for a more serious crime to effectively keep them wrapped up with lesser charges while they work to find evidence of such.

Rachael Anderson case comes immediately to mind: get your most likely perp on illegal weapons charge and toss him in jail while working the murder charge because you don't yet have enough to make a murder charge stick.

Not suggesting exact same thing going on here. Just have seen it happen several times.

Has anyone considered the possibility that CL's wife kicked him out or left him and he was staying at the ranch?

:stop:

There has been no suspect named in the disappearance of Erin Corwin. IF anyone can provide a link showing a named suspect for this case, please put it on this thread.

A suspect in the possession of an explosive device, does not mean it's for THIS case of missing Erin Corwin.

I'm locking this thread for a minute to clean up. I'll unlock it when I'm done.

thanks
fran

Sometimes people here debate issues that have been studied carefully and have evidence-based answers. Lots of studies have shown that men who have seen combat are more likely than their civilian counterparts to commit violent crimes. There is no debate about this if you look at the literature. The question is why. I suspect there are many contributing factors: psychological trauma/problems transitioning to civilian life, capability (there is lots of research showing that one of the best predictors of violent behavior is whether a person is physically capable of physically dominating another person), owning firearms, and general aggressiveness. It's important to remember that these are average differences, and give us little power to predict a given person's likelihood of committing a violent crime. I had friends on my high school football team who were talented athletes, but they didn't like the physicality and brutality of the game. I, on the other hand, loved it, and craved the physical confrontation. We need people in the armed forces who are physically and psychologically capable of violence, and at this point in our history, with our all-volunteer military, we should expect some self-selection of more aggressive personalities. As destructive as violent crime is to society, we all benefit from having military and police personnel who are more capable of physical aggression than the average person, and they deserve our respect for the risks they take and the sacrifices they make.

BBM

Respectfully….evidence where either Erin's husband or the other Marine in question ever served in combat?

As far as I've been able to determine, CL is not a suspect in this case. It appears he's a suspect for having an explosive device. I know it's homicide detectives, however, they were looking for evidence in Erin's case and came up with the explosive device.

If someone can provide a link to LE stating a particular suspect for the disappearance of Erin Corwin, please post here.

tia
fran
:wave:

WOW - I wondered what a "destructive device" is and found the following:

California Penal Code 18710 PC makes it a crime to possess a “destructive device.”
Destructive devices include things like:
• Bombs,
• Grenades,
•Explosive missiles,
•Projectiles containing any kind of explosive or incendiary material, and•Certain rockets and rocket-propelled projectiles.

Misdemeanor penalty is 1 year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Felony penalty is up to 3 years in state prison and a $10,000 fine.

Wouldn't a bottle rocket be considered a projectile with an incendiary material?

So if it's not a firework type related thing, then what? Bazooka? Grenade? Surface to air missile? LOL It doesn't list what exactly that device was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member