GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I do not believe EC left voluntarily for the sake of being open minded I want to throw some thought out there. I can't find the link but I remember reading an article where IM stated EC could no longer bring the horse she sponsored to 29 and I thought this is when she stopped volunteering. Yet, her husband was still under the impression she was spending time there. I know there is a $100 commitment a month to sponser the horse, if EC was no longer doind so could she be pocketing that money for a better lack of words "runaway fund" and JC wouldn't question it because he believed it was her normal monthly cost for her horse. I may be wrong and she may have still been sponsoring the horse of course I can't find the article now. Just wanted to throw that idea out there, but from what we "know" about her I really don't think she left voluntarily,dont know if this crossed any one else's mind.

LA Times reports this. My question is. How can this be common knowledge now, that NL made these damming statements, and yet she is free as a bird. I'm real confused by this.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-neighbor-marine-missing-wife-body-20140723-story.html

I wish there would be a big break in this case. I wish someone would just have the decency to be honest about what happened and stop wasting all this time. It's senseless!

Frustrating, but she did not really say enough to bring charges, Imo. And with a lawyer, could easily make it out to be offhand comments about a situation, not about a specific case, i.e Erin. Lots of people still believe "no body, no crime" to be true. So that would not be all that damning in itself, though heartless, to say the least.

Her attitude, from what we can gather, does not bode well toward her eventually confessing any knowledge of Erin's (likely) murder. I can see her claiming innocence forever, even if convicted for involvement, Imo, kind of like Tammi Moorer. I am hoping the evidence piles up against CL and he caves in. I feel like he is 100% to blame...but unsure about accomplice. I think Erin's car would have been "disappeared" too, if he had help and a better plan. Make it look more like she just took off.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-corwin-isabel-megli-investigation/13202339/

Erin Corwin friend: Police 'put a spin' on her remarks
Brett Kelman, The Desert Sun 10:11 p.m. PDT July 25, 2014

A High Desert woman who was questioned as part of the search for a missing Marine wife has insisted that detectives exaggerated her statements in court documents, twisting her words to shift suspicion onto the neighbors of the missing woman.

Isabel Megli, owner of the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley, said Friday that she never told detectives that Nichole Lee said police had "missed something" when they searched her garage. Megli said several other statements attributed to her by detectives were taken out of context.

Snipped

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...n-corwin-isabel-megli-investigation/13202339/

A High Desert woman who was questioned as part of the search for a missing Marine wife has insisted that detectives exaggerated her statements in court documents, twisting her words to shift suspicion onto the neighbors of the missing woman.

Isabel Megli, owner of the White Rock Horse Rescue Ranch in Yucca Valley, said Friday that she never told detectives that Nichole Lee said police had "missed something" when they searched her garage. Megli said several other statements attributed to her by detectives were taken out of context.

Snipped

Somebody back-tracking? I'd probably back-track too if I'd revealed to detectives, ominous statements/inferences made by someone who may be capable of violence/murder and could retaliate because of this info I revealed. Hmmm.

Snipped

"When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives."

BBM
So NL was ' chatting casually' about this case? Why would she chat casually about a potential homicide in which her husband is the prime suspect?

Fairy1, what does it mean to have plenty of ghosts to this day?

I mean what he saw and learned in Vietnam still haunts him to the core. He'll only speak about it if he's nearly falling down drunk.

I hope Megli wasn't threatened. Just sayin.....otherwise not sure what to think????

LA Times reports this. My question is. How can this be common knowledge now, that NL made these damming statements, and yet she is free as a bird. I'm real confused by this.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-neighbor-marine-missing-wife-body-20140723-story.html

I wish there would be a big break in this case. I wish someone would just have the decency to be honest about what happened and stop wasting all this time. It's senseless!

Desert Sun just interviewed IM! Have you seen the report?

Memewhitehurst

I hope Megli wasn't threatened. Just sayin.....otherwise not sure what to think????

Sounds to me like she's scrambling to retract, and trivialize things that NL said to her. Threatened?..maybe. Am willing to bet, however, that NL confronted her and even if she's not been threatened, she's likely pretty uneasy now and looking over her shoulder. The info she gave to LE about statements NL made were pretty incriminating, for sure. How recent "explanations" of NL's statements sound like total BS to me.

Some people just don't know when to keep their mouths shut (SMH). They just continue to dig themselves in deeper. JMO

LadyLems, I am sorry to hear about your son's choices and your family's pain. His actions do give you a special insight into certain situations and give you empathy that I imagine you'd rather not have due to the high cost. It sounds like you have done your best to make something positive out of a terrible situation by becoming a trained and skilled investigator helping others. Hugs to you and your family - especially your DIL and grandchild.

Sounds to me like she's scrambling to retract, and trivialize things that NL said to her. Threatened?..maybe. Am willing to bet, however, that NL confronted her and even if she's not been threatened, she's likely pretty uneasy now and looking over her shoulder. The info she gave to LE about statements NL made were pretty incriminating, for sure. How recent "explanations" of NL's statements sound like total BS to me.

I agree. I think she is trying to backtrack and downplay it now. I bet she is looking over her shoulder. Who wouldn't be, if their incriminating words were published in a probable cause for a potential murder case? She is in a tough position right now.

From the probable cause statement - here is the first mentions of IM and what she said:

After the search warrant Nicole was interviewed again about the whereabouts of the .22 caliber rifle she said was in her residence. During this interview she told detectives Lee took the rifle from his Jeep Cherokee and took it to the "ranch". The ranch was determined to be located at 733 Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley.

Detectives were accompanied by Nicole to this location. Nicole spoke with Isabella Megli, (Megli is the owner of 733 Geronimo Trail and 788 Geronimo Trail) about being there to get a rifle. Isabella then consented for detectives to enter and retrieve the rifle from a closet in the back of the residence.

070314, detectives went and interviewed Isabella in more detail about her association with Lee and his wife Nicole. Detectives learned Lee and Nicole were bringing their belongings from the residence they were moving out of (which was previously a subject of a prior search warrant in this investigation) and storing them on Isabella's property while preparing for the move to Alaska. Nicole made statements to Isabella about the detectives having missed something at their residence when it was searched because the detectives did not search the garage. Nicole told Isabella that without a body the detectives did not have a case against them and the detectives would never find the body. Nicole stated Lee was worried because he did not have an alibi for 062914. Nicole had also berated Lee in front of Isabella about not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb. Nicole stated she was able to keep her story straight and the detectives did not get any information from her. Isabella told detectives about her association with Lee and Nicole and how they were staying in a cabin on her property at 788 Geronimo. Isabella said they have been moving items into this cabin since 070114 when their residence was searched. Isabella also said they have been putting some of their belongings into the main structure at 733 Geronimo across from the location.

She has also said that no gun was removed from her property but the probable cause statement says the .22 Rifle was removed. Also, how do the detectives misconstrue the two other bolded statements above?

Also, why were NL and CL moving things into the ranch if they were moving back to Alaska? Wouldn't you just loaded up the U-haul the day you were moving out? This sounds more like they were moving into the ranch.

I mean what he saw and learned in Vietnam still haunts him to the core. He'll only speak about it if he's nearly falling down drunk.

bbm

My dad was never the same after his tour in Vietnam. He had severe PTSD unrecognized by the Army. Life was a living hell when he would have flashbacks. Couldn't talk about Vietnam without crying. We never knew what would set him off and feared those moments. Later in his life, VA nursing home was a horrible nightmare.

Sorry for the O/T. Had to vent.

I have some varied thoughts after reading the overnight updates. 1. Easongt, you think like I do on so many things. 2. To me, it is not that difficult to disappear for a few months. Just go to a little-known friend's in a rural area, watch their kids, tend animals, etc. It doesn't have to involve fake documents, being on the run, etc. If they have a bedroom, a basement, or a couch and are willing to let you stay, you're in business. I still think that is a remote possibility. 3. I tend to believe the story in the Desert Sun interview.

I personally do not believe Erin just walked away and is living somewhere off the grid.

I think it's also very possible for cops to misconstrue stuff to get a search warrant.
It's sounds, IMO, that most of the stuff in the warrant is "he said, she said" stuff anyway.

I wish we could see all the search warrants in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member