Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my opinion the late checkout was pre arranged. Most hotels have an 11am or 12pm check out and her flight wasn’t until 6:40 pm at an airport about 25 miles away with traffic maybe up to an hour. Her husband seemed to be aware of the late check out on the Facebook page.
Facebook post did not specify late check-out was pre-arranged, only that it happened.
Was she not meeting people that day? as she late for any of those appointments?

Here's something I'm curious about. Her mother is a nurse. She called her mother when she was having difficulties finding her car. Her mom was so concerned about her that she stayed on the phone and continued to talk to her after she found her car. I wonder why she started driving to the airport if she wasn't making sense, or did she start to make sense so the phone call ended?
It sounds like her thinking and conversation wasn't even rational. Maybe her mom asked her if she was okay and she kept saying she was fine and not to worry about her.
We have only heard 2 or 3 specific things that she said.
There must have been a lot more conversation if her mother talked to her several times from 3:30 until late at night.

Did her husband speak to her on the phone during that time, also? I got the impression that he did but I don't recall what was said.

Imo

Facebook post did not specify late check-out was pre-arranged, only that it happened.
Was she not meeting people that day? as she late for any of those appointments?

On Monday she had late checkout (2pm) from the Nest Hotel in Palo Alto.

I looked up the Nest Hotel details (check in begins at 3 pm, check out at noon).

At this time, I think late or 2 pm check out was for convenience since her flight was not until early evening.

We also know she met a colleague on Sand Hill sometime between 2 pm and
3:30 pm when she couldn't find the car, and called mom.

It sounds like her thinking and conversation wasn't even rational. Maybe her mom asked her if she was okay and she kept saying she was fine and not to worry about her.
We have only heard 2 or 3 specific things that she said.
There must have been a lot more conversation if her mother talked to her several times from 3:30 until late at night.

Did her husband speak to her on the phone during that time, also? I got the impression that he did but I don't recall what was said.

Imo
I was under the impression that she was talking to husband when she was allegedly approaching airport/car rental area, -- stating the gps did not work, and talking out of her head.

I could be wrong and she never left the area she was eventually located.

New story with more details, including that she met with “colleagues” (plural) before her bizarre behavior began and that EV was found in the Nissan’s back seat (not in the rear cargo area as previously speculated):
Erin Valenti: Questions after missing tech CEO found dead in car

I’m interested in learning more about the “executive leadership workshop” called “Create the Powerful” that EV attended in Laguna Niguel—maybe it’s totally legit but the name and lack of easily-accessible info about it online are giving me weird vibes. My searches for details have come up empty thus far—has anyone had better luck than me?

Last edited:
I was under the impression that she was talking to husband when she was allegedly approaching airport/car rental area, -- stating the gps did not work, and talking out of her head.

I could be wrong and she never left the area she was eventually located.
I agree... she kne she was in trouble, sick... just parked up in a leafy safe looking area... good decision... possibly lost her speech or power to move... that was as much as she could do at the time...
head flying in all directions during convos with husband and mother.. she was losing it but she was unable to articulate that.. knew at a level she desperately needed help but relapsed to rhetoric once connected with them, trying desperately to hold on, losing it fast..
gave up trying, just 'went to sleep'. Forever, unfortunately.

Father questions San Jose police response after tech CEO daughter found dead – East Bay Times

Oct 13, 2019

SJM-L-VALENTI-1014-1.jpg

On Sunday, a picture drawn by a neighborhood boy lay under a bouquet of roses at the site where Erin Valenti’s body was found. Valenti, a tech CEO from Utah, was visiting the Bay Area when she went missing Oct. 7. Her body was found in the back seat of her rental car on Saturday in San Jose’s Almaden neighborhood.

SAN JOSE — As a family and a community grapple with how the body of a 33-year-old tech CEO was unnoticed on a residential street — possibly for days — her father is accusing San Jose police of botching the search for her.

A day after Erin Valenti was found dead in the back seat of her rental car on a street in San Jose’s quiet Almaden neighborhood, questions are emerging about how authorities handled her missing person case.

[...]

Along with the shock and grief the discovery brought Valenti’s family, it also raised painful questions. How did she die? How long had her body been there before it was found? How had no one noticed her? And was there more that could have been done to find Valenti before it was too late?

“The beginning of it was a charade,” Erin Valenti’s father, Joseph Valenti, said of the police department’s search for his daughter. “And I am totally frustrated and pissed off with how that was conducted.”

Public information officers for the San Jose Police Department did not address those questions Sunday.

“We’re not sharing additional details at this time since the investigation is open and ongoing,” Sgt. Enrique Garcia wrote in an email.

[...]

Erin Valenti, who would have turned 34 on Wednesday, had been in Southern California and then the Bay Area for a workshop and a tech conference, and to visit old friends and colleagues. “Heading to SF and LA soon…whose (sic) around? DM me!!” she posted on Facebook Sept. 25. It would be her last post.

Valenti’s family went to the police, who spoke to her by phone and went looking for her, but were not able to locate her, her family said. But Joseph Valenti said despite all of the information his family gave the police — the make, model and license plate of her rental car, descriptions of her erratic behavior on the phone, and data tracking her last phone call to the Almaden neighborhood — police didn’t file an official missing person report for Erin Valenti until Thursday. And when they did, they described her as voluntarily missing, Joseph Valenti said. The police told the family that she was an adult, and she could have just taken off for a few days, her father said. The result, he said, was that the department didn’t make searching for her a priority.

“That’s ,” Joseph Valenti said, “because she was due for a flight out of San Jose airport back to Salt Lake City.”

Disappointed with the police department’s response, the family set up a “Help Find Erin Valenti” Facebook page, and received an outpouring of love, support and Bay Area locals who volunteered to search. It was one of those Facebook volunteers who finally found Erin Valenti’s gray SUV parked at the curb of a suburban San Jose street, looked inside, and discovered her body in the back seat, Joseph Valenti said.

[...]

“It’s really strange, bizarre, foggy to me. Because this kind of stuff just doesn’t usually go down in Almaden,” said 56-year-old Ralph Elongo, who lives around the corner from where the car was found. “What else seems weird is that none of us noticed. And we’re a pretty tight neighborhood. So I’m pretty tripped out.”

^^bbm

On Monday she had late checkout (2pm) from the Nest Hotel in Palo Alto.

I looked up the Nest Hotel details (check in begins at 3 pm, check out at noon).

At this time, I think late or 2 pm check out was for convenience since her flight was not until early evening.

We also know she met a colleague on Sand Hill sometime between 2 pm and
3:30 pm when she couldn't find the car, and called mom.
So she checked out at two and immediately after that went to meet the colleague or colleagues on a road? Or did they meet at a house or a building at that location? It must have been a short visit if she couldn't find her car around the same time.
Or were they still with her at that time?
We seem to be missing a lot of details about who she was with and what she was doing before she got lost.
And why no mention of the friends by the family? Did they not know who she was meeting?
Did the colleagues not call the family to tell them how she was when they saw her or try to help search for her in those five days?
I hope LE has located this person or people and they can provide some information.
Seems she was just fine until she met with them.

Imo

Last edited:
As far as the discussion about her acting confused and disoriented......I once had an allergic reaction to a medication that caused me to be confused and disoriented. When I was asked if I was okay, I thought I was, I kept replying that I was fine. The next day, I had a killer headache and was vomiting. Hubby got me to ER where I had cerebral edema (swelling of the brain). I spent the night there with them flushing saline into me. God knows what would have happened had I not gotten in ER.

Anyway, this memory crossed my mind when reading about the way she was coming off to her mother and husband on the phone. JMO

How likely is it that someone who is perfectly normal with no mental health issues will spontaneously have a complete break with reality at age 33?

The unfortunate part is we do not know what her normal was. She could of been experiencing Psychosis, extreme stress, using drugs, legal/not and perhaps the family knew nothing of this, or they did and felt better not to share. I see that some of her closest friends aren’t as surprised as we are. Either way, the outcome is horribly sad.
I don’t know that the public will ever know the full truth if the family chooses to protect her reputation..
one last thought, if family and friends expect foul play, I think they’d be asking the public Who did this, but rather that Monday they were asking Erin, Please why are you doing this, come home.
☹️

I actually don’t think she was parked inconspicuously. She was right in front of a house in a neighborhood. People just didn’t notice her. One news article a neighbor admitted to seeing the SUV but assuming a nearby neighbor had a visitor.

I’ve been told that parking is a nightmare. So once you find a spot you don’t move until you have to.

So she checked out at two and immediately after that went to meet the colleague or colleagues on a road? Or did they meet at a house or a building at that location? It must have been a short visit if she couldn't find her car around the same time.
Or were they still with her at that time?
We seem to be missing a lot of details about who she was with and what she was doing before she got lost.
And why no mention of the friends by the family? Did they not know who she was meeting?
Did the colleagues not call the family to tell them how she was when they saw her or try to help search for her in those five days?
I hope LE has located this person or people and they can provide some information.
Seems she was just fine until she met with them.

Imo

Nest Hotel to Sand Hill Rd is less than 6 miles. If they met for an hour, she could easily be looking for the car at 3:30 pm per her mother.

Family have provided her itinerary from Oct 1 to date she missed her flight, and has respectfully referred to all individuals as EV's colleagues and/or friends. I wouldn't expect them to be reporting their names to the public. Not even family has been identified. I also believe it's a small Tech world-- they all know each other.

data=3-64mN1OZMC_kBZ-LdQ7dyZfpRdFY-opQeAqBvp3PbijA4A1WBLVkjbeS1Hhvxm0SYD6LxsQ0JTJRKw6JL-peS8s9ECG9KACrIxFAWJHFnNOi8sS5wM-KhCwjcyY-ggb5gVwifq9GJQamVOCSyC2QZv1UavUGqa0m6g,Qpv9ELtoETd53w0c9B4w5b4aHTK6XRamaTesGnG7sRyFwc5dy9V5weKzhyDTU8ho3PM3pJZA2IGUxZLdQD6t_Nqkns3xHnIwqaufQg9xZzCtq5lULywEf4qUWb55YKjgLCLNwpuFjqpX_FvJMWoAf3OKxEccyKpYRkhvzCmReOkBGkMjkhhMG5H4YI5jvB4d_qnlEbVsfUOI-egjOJ7mB8kjJzm4BsgWw3rh2yb7qiONbcRnx_kPOyS1W9vm4piqZENhg0W239_3em6qoB1gtbi9oY9Q1_fI77_chgvwUbh0UU0IJnn14xUUzhd9jd0X83pOMoA4Wm7acOeBdL04jzelo2WTapUE-ldTRedXK-jAgRNGB0MdnuV16CchfCG9eANz563IbNFl-wfl53EE2ScTuG50

11 min (5.6 mi) via Junipero Serra Blvd

New story with more details, including that she met with “colleagues” (plural) before her bizarre behavior began and that EV was found in the Nissan’s back seat (not in the rear cargo area as previously speculated):

I’m interested in learning more about the “executive leadership workshop” called “Create the Powerful” that EV attended in Laguna Niguel—maybe it’s totally legit but the name and lack of easily-accessible info about it online are giving me weird vibes. My searches for details have come up empty thus far—has anyone had better luck than me?

It's totally legitimate Global workshop, and the 2-3 day seminar runs about $6500 per person -- definitely for the well heeled. MOO

It was held at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna. Check in was Sunday 9/29, and course began Monday 9/30 - and continued Tues & Wed. Check out was Thursday 10/3.

Create Powerful is an intense immersive, live course designed for individuals who are committed to personal and professional growth, becoming more powerful leaders of themselves, and others, and experiencing their relationships in a powerful way.

If you desire to learn more about the Create Powerful Course, please visit www.createpowerful.com

Link to video testimonials from participants:

Create Powerful Course - OntoCore

I wonder if the family knew what friends she had been visiting in the area? Were they called to help locate her ? There are apps to locate people I used them on my kids phones ... usually it can narrow someone’s locale down to a few square blocks . It just seems so weird to apparently have no prior mental issues and just snap into what seems like an alternate existence.
Attempts to locate her through “find my phone” apps and other digital search tools were unsuccessful. During the phone calls with family members Monday night, Valenti said she was low on gas. With a request from the family, a San Jose police officer contacted Valenti by phone Monday night.
^^sbm

I actually don’t think she was parked inconspicuously. She was right in front of a house in a neighborhood. People just didn’t notice her. One news article a neighbor admitted to seeing the SUV but assuming a nearby neighbor had a visitor.
What I meant to convey is that she managed to drive the freeways and park the car in the neighborhood despite her apparently altered state. Her confused state of mind somehow did not seem to affect her driving, apart from her sense of direction. She didn't run into parked cars or drive up on the sidewalk.

Create Powerful Course - OntoCore

Team - ONTOCORE

Last edited:

IMO their website is rather amateurish, very vague and the actual program has an aura of mystery about it.

I came across this article which pretty much sums up what I concluded about this organization. I lived in the Bay Area in the 70's and 80's and these type of organizations were rampant. MOO

www.greatleadershipbydan.com/2009/06/beware-of-cult-like-leadership.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member