Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO their website is rather amateurish, very vague and the actual program has an aura of mystery about it.

I came across this article which pretty much sums up what I concluded about this organization. I lived in the Bay Area in the 70's and 80's and these type of organizations were rampant. MOO

www.greatleadershipbydan.com/2009/06/beware-of-cult-like-leadership.html
I can understand attending conferences at Stanford, MIT or any other academic institutions. But paying to attend these random events organized by God knows who? I don't get it... does it really give any real certification? Slapping "participated in Create the Powerful" on a resume does what exactly?

When the husband called the police, could the police not have found her through her phone pinging?? The police said she was an adult and could disappear BUT they told the police she was disorientated and missed her flight! DUH

When the husband called the police, could the police not have found her through her phone pinging?? The police said she was an adult and could disappear BUT they told the police she was disorientated and missed her flight! DUH

They (the police) also admitted they tried to find her after having an erratic phone call with her. I wonder how much effort was put into that sesrch?

AND LE was able to talk to her on the phone and confirmed she was confused and not making sense. I wish they had put more effort into finding her right then. They had her car make/model & license plate! And ping area.

Father questions San Jose police response after tech CEO daughter found dead – East Bay Times

Oct 13, 2019

SJM-L-VALENTI-1014-1.jpg

On Sunday, a picture drawn by a neighborhood boy lay under a bouquet of roses at the site where Erin Valenti’s body was found. Valenti, a tech CEO from Utah, was visiting the Bay Area when she went missing Oct. 7. Her body was found in the back seat of her rental car on Saturday in San Jose’s Almaden neighborhood.

SAN JOSE — As a family and a community grapple with how the body of a 33-year-old tech CEO was unnoticed on a residential street — possibly for days — her father is accusing San Jose police of botching the search for her.

A day after Erin Valenti was found dead in the back seat of her rental car on a street in San Jose’s quiet Almaden neighborhood, questions are emerging about how authorities handled her missing person case.

[...]

Along with the shock and grief the discovery brought Valenti’s family, it also raised painful questions. How did she die? How long had her body been there before it was found? How had no one noticed her? And was there more that could have been done to find Valenti before it was too late?

“The beginning of it was a charade,” Erin Valenti’s father, Joseph Valenti, said of the police department’s search for his daughter. “And I am totally frustrated and pissed off with how that was conducted.”

Public information officers for the San Jose Police Department did not address those questions Sunday.

“We’re not sharing additional details at this time since the investigation is open and ongoing,” Sgt. Enrique Garcia wrote in an email.

[...]

Erin Valenti, who would have turned 34 on Wednesday, had been in Southern California and then the Bay Area for a workshop and a tech conference, and to visit old friends and colleagues. “Heading to SF and LA soon…whose (sic) around? DM me!!” she posted on Facebook Sept. 25. It would be her last post.

Valenti’s family went to the police, who spoke to her by phone and went looking for her, but were not able to locate her, her family said. But Joseph Valenti said despite all of the information his family gave the police — the make, model and license plate of her rental car, descriptions of her erratic behavior on the phone, and data tracking her last phone call to the Almaden neighborhood — police didn’t file an official missing person report for Erin Valenti until Thursday. And when they did, they described her as voluntarily missing, Joseph Valenti said. The police told the family that she was an adult, and she could have just taken off for a few days, her father said. The result, he said, was that the department didn’t make searching for her a priority.

“That’s ********,” Joseph Valenti said, “because she was due for a flight out of San Jose airport back to Salt Lake City.”

Disappointed with the police department’s response, the family set up a “Help Find Erin Valenti” Facebook page, and received an outpouring of love, support and Bay Area locals who volunteered to search. It was one of those Facebook volunteers who finally found Erin Valenti’s gray SUV parked at the curb of a suburban San Jose street, looked inside, and discovered her body in the back seat, Joseph Valenti said.

[...]

“It’s really strange, bizarre, foggy to me. Because this kind of stuff just doesn’t usually go down in Almaden,” said 56-year-old Ralph Elongo, who lives around the corner from where the car was found. “What else seems weird is that none of us noticed. And we’re a pretty tight neighborhood. So I’m pretty tripped out.”

^^bbm
I wonder if "Thursday" could be an error? EV's husband said on the missing page that there was a Welfare Check on Monday and that was upgraded to a Missing Person case on Tuesday.

But, I do note that this article says an "official" missing person report wasn't filed until Thursday. What the heck? MOO

They (the police) also admitted they tried to find her after having an erratic phone call with her. I wonder how much effort was put into that sesrch?
I replied pretty much the same thing as you before I read yours! Lol. Oops.
I really don’t understand how they still continued to call her voluntarily missing after hearing her confusion. She was a danger to herself and others on the road at the very least.

It's possible that they asked her if she wanted assistance, if she needed help. They could have told her to pull into a gas station or somewhere nearby and stay put until they arrived, and she refused and said she was fine, or said she was fine and to leave her alone. I'm going to assume that her husband, her mom, etc., probably all tried to tell her stop and pull in somewhere and get help, or that they would call for someone or something. If she was actively paranoid/manic, perhaps she was evasive, hence the reason for the "voluntary missing" label?

It's possible that they asked her if she wanted assistance, if she needed help. They could have told her to pull into a gas station or somewhere nearby and stay put until they arrived, and she refused and said she was fine, or said she was fine and to leave her alone. I'm going to assume that her husband, her mom, etc., probably all tried to tell her stop and pull in somewhere and get help, or that they would call for someone or something. If she was actively paranoid/manic, perhaps she was evasive, hence the reason for the "voluntary missing" label?
Yes she must have told them to leave her alone and she was ok. But they also said she didn’t make sense, right? It still seems like it would be a priority to find a confused, nonsensical driver on the road. MOO

I wonder if "Thursday" could be an error? EV's husband said on the missing page that there was a Welfare Check on Monday and that was upgraded to a Missing Person case on Tuesday.

But, I do note that this article says an "official" missing person report wasn't filed until Thursday. What the heck? MOO
I also wondered if somebody believed the false rumor about not being "officially" missing until passing the 48 hour mark.

Last edited:
police almost always treat missing persons cases as voluntary, unless theres a good officer who responds. here in Portland, they refuse to even file a report on my Dad who is a vulnerable senior. :/

Last edited:
Finally caught up, and what a sad, confounding and unexpected outcome. Erin made such a huge impact on those that loved her and the world can barely stand to lose the few driven and talented people we have. :(

Now I wonder if the media can sit back and think about whether they really did anything to help this family or not. Tell me, which of these statements makes you think of voluntary missing first:

SLC Tech CEO missing in Silicon Valley

or

Erin Valenti, SLC native missing in San Jose, may be in need of urgent assistance

I can understand attending conferences at Stanford, MIT or any other academic institutions. But paying to attend these random events organized by God knows who? I don't get it... does it really give any real certification? Slapping "participated in Create the Powerful" on a resume does what exactly?

Nope. The only conferences worth attending are industry conferences such as Google's, FUND, The International, WordCamp, TED anything organised by fortune 500s or major media etc. The rest can be cultish and pyramid schemey and don't teach you anything you shouldn't already know if you're college educated or experienced or know how to use YouTube. With that said, there are a lot of great locally organized meetups and networking events like those Erin would setup that are wonderful for meeting likeminded people or finding partnerships. It isn't really worth getting into how legit Erin or her network is at this point, though of course it can help us understand how she ended up. Erin appears to have held a lot of far-out beliefs, including a few rooted in the bay area, which are concerning. In fact, if we speculate based on what the internet tells us about Erin, there are any number of crazy theories we could come up with. The most likely explanation is she had a medical event or succumbed to the elements.

If foul play was a possibility, LE would probably have mentioned that by now. Her family would be calling out names or alluding to getting justice.

Man the passion everyone has is awesome. Could use some of you folks on the case I’m working in Asia. Reality is the toxicology and medical exam will eliminate or include theories discussed.

Please start a thread and give us the link!

Here's something I'm curious about. Her mother is a nurse. She called her mother when she was having difficulties finding her car. Her mom was so concerned about her that she stayed on the phone and continued to talk to her after she found her car. I wonder why she started driving to the airport if she wasn't making sense, or did she start to make sense so the phone call ended?
I absolutely agree with you. But having seen TIA and bipolar manic episodes in action, the only thing I can add is that the person can be absolutely incapable of logical thought or have feelings of capability that are beyond what they can realistically do at the time. The person can sound 'ok' which is why perhaps the LE person that did the wellness check might have been fooled. But EV's Mom wasn't fooled and she knew immediately something was very wrong with her daughter. It is all quite stunning to see and hard to describe.

If she drove to Monterey she had to have passed the airport twice to and from . So how did she get “lost”? It seems hard to believe you can’t be helped within minutes this day in age with cell phones , towers , cameras ... if she lunched with someone, becoming hypoglycemic by 330 is unlikely . I wonder if she took some kind of anti anxiety meds for her flight and they messed with her cognitive skills. Odd and sad case for sure .

she wouldn't have passed it if she took 280 to 101 to go to Monterey.

I absolutely agree with you. But having seen TIA and bipolar manic episodes in action, the only thing I can add is that the person can be absolutely incapable of logical thought or have feelings of capability that are beyond what they can realistically do at the time. The person can sound 'ok' which is why perhaps the LE person that did the wellness check might have been fooled. But EV's Mom wasn't fooled and she knew immediately something was very wrong with her daughter. It is all quite stunning to see and hard to describe.
Who would be fooled by a person who gets lost for 6+ hours on their way to the nearby airport? What did she tell the police about where she was going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab