Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that she consumed any drugs, and we are shooting in the dark trying to figure out what could cause the symptoms that she experienced.

It looks like bad vaping products can result in psychotic episodes. Hopefully she didn't suffer through something like this!

"As a toxicologist and vaping expert at Virginia Commonwealth University, part of her job is to evaluate how electronic cigarettes are being used for substances other than nicotine.

In a new study in Forensic Science International, Peace and her co-authors published what they found. Out of nine CBD e-liquids from Diamond Gold, four contained a synthetic marijuana called 5-fluoro MDMB-PINACA (5F-ADB). One contained dextromethorphan, an ingredient in cough syrup."

Synthetic marijuana, also known as K2 or Spice, is a chemical that is different from naturally occurring cannabis, but binds to similar receptors in the brain, and can sometimes have similar psychoactive effects. It can be extremely dangerous. It’s a gamble what chemical compound you actually get when you buy synthetic marijuana, and it can cause side effects like agitation, confusion, dizziness, lack of coordination, sedation, and even seizures. In 2014, the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) reported 2311 incidents involving medical intervention or death involving 5F-ADB."​

CBD Vape Liquid Contains Dangerous Ingredients

Haaaaa.

Who could forget Maureen Dawd's MJ chocolate bar (first time edible) experience in Colorado that sent her to paranoia hell and the ER.

She was convinced that she was dead, and everybody was lying to her!

P.S. Do not a whole candy bar -- it's lethal.

Why Eating A Marijuana Candy Bar Sent Maureen Dowd To Paranoia Hell
I thought this right away when the family described her "altered" personality. Of course it could be physiological rather than pharmacological as well but my guess is pharmacology had a role in this. (this could have been and entirely accidental drug interaction as well).

I thought this right away when the family described her "altered" personality. Of course it could be physiological rather than pharmacological as well but my guess is pharmacology had a role in this. (this could have been and entirely accidental drug interaction as well).

If it was psychological, she wouldn't have died.

We don't know that she consumed any drugs, and we are shooting in the dark trying to figure out what could cause the symptoms that she experienced.

It looks like bad vaping products can result in psychotic episodes. Hopefully she didn't suffer through something like this!

"As a toxicologist and vaping expert at Virginia Commonwealth University, part of her job is to evaluate how electronic cigarettes are being used for substances other than nicotine.

In a new study in Forensic Science International, Peace and her co-authors published what they found. Out of nine CBD e-liquids from Diamond Gold, four contained a synthetic marijuana called 5-fluoro MDMB-PINACA (5F-ADB). One contained dextromethorphan, an ingredient in cough syrup."

Synthetic marijuana, also known as K2 or Spice, is a chemical that is different from naturally occurring cannabis, but binds to similar receptors in the brain, and can sometimes have similar psychoactive effects. It can be extremely dangerous. It’s a gamble what chemical compound you actually get when you buy synthetic marijuana, and it can cause side effects like agitation, confusion, dizziness, lack of coordination, sedation, and even seizures. In 2014, the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) reported 2311 incidents involving medical intervention or death involving 5F-ADB."​

There have also been cases of rat poisoning being added to synthetic marijuana.
There seem to be a lot of things that can cause psychotic episodes.
The cough syrup ingredient being added is something I didn't know, either.
It will probably be weeks before they know what she may have had in her system, if anything.
I hope the preliminary autopsy report will reveal something, or at least rule out foul play.

Imo

Wow! Diamond Gold is sold everywhere. And appears to be a reputable company. That is scary.

Who would be fooled by a person who gets lost for 6+ hours on their way to the nearby airport? What did she tell the police about where she was going?
IMO based on what the family described as the state of EV, the only person 'who could be fooled', would be a 'fool'!

We will have to wait for the transcripts and some eventual investigation of this tragedy to see exactly what LE did/didn't do.

But the fact that EV was found within .8 mile from last ping spot and less than 2 blocks from a fire station IMO raises many more questions than it answers.

Did SJPD even look for EV? Was a BOLO issued for the rental car? We saw no missing poster on SJPD Social Media or Website? Did a bulletin go out internally such that the Fire House near where EV was found would have awareness of a missing person, vehicle description and picture etc.?

It doesn't look like anything was done by SJPD and the family was on their own to resolve this tragedy.

I have had two friends that “lost it” while taking their prescribed amount of adderall. Both were diagnosed with “amphetamine induced psychosis”. One was so bad he went into a catatonic state, almost died and required electric shock therapy to “wake up”.
She was such a busy girl and a go-getter. A lot of people like that rely on adderall. It could have been that she wasn’t even “abusing” an illegal drug, but just taking what was prescribed to her.

IMO based on what the family described as the state of EV, the only person 'who could be fooled', would be a 'fool'!

We will have to wait for the transcripts and some eventual investigation of this tragedy to see exactly what LE did/didn't do.

But the fact that EV was found within .8 mile from last ping spot and less than 2 blocks from a fire station IMO raises many more questions than it answers.

Did SJPD even look for EV? Was a BOLO issued for the rental car? We saw no missing poster on SJPD Social Media or Website? Did a bulletin go out internally such that the Fire House near where EV was found would have awareness of a missing person, vehicle description and picture etc.?

It doesn't look like anything was done by SJPD and the family was on their own to resolve this tragedy.

As I mentioned (posts get understandably buried), there were no missing posters up on Saturday afternoon at the 76 gas station there on Camden around the corner from where she was found. It was surprising and sad to me.

I know family supposedly went canvassing in the neighborhood where she last pinged, but for whatever reason this gas station didn’t have word or any posters when I was there. Maybe the family hadn’t gotten there yet on Friday (didn’t cross the street- Almaden Expy). Or maybe they’d given the gas station flyers and the flyers never got put up, and/or the guy I gave a flyer to maybe wasn’t working the day before (?).

Regardless, whatever the reason, that 76 didn’t have any info about it when I stopped by. If they didn’t, then I’m not surprised the fire station or community center didn’t either. No- I should say: I’m very very surprised! But not surprised those other places didn’t have them once I found out the gas station didn’t.

MOO.

No, they did not do those things because they listed her as being "voluntarily" missing.
Although it seems pretty clear to me that her family felt she was in a vulnerable state and in danger.
Why the officer who spoke to her did not consider a woman who was clearly making no sense, driving around lost for 6 or 7 hours in the same location, to be a potential danger to herself and others I do not know.

How was she ever going to find the airport in her confused state? Couldn't the relatives have called 911? If only she had been able to help them locate her, by reading street signs or stopping and asking for directions. It's hard to think that she did not interact with anyone local during those long hours.

Yes and no. If someone does not want help, does not communicate to police that she wants to be found, what can they do? Police could think she was on drugs by choice and wanted to be left alone.

She was not herself at 3:30PM when she was looking for her car. She phoned her mom for help. That's very odd, yet she got in her car and started driving with her mom on the phone. Surely the family made suggestions for her to get help between 3:30PM and midnight and maybe even suggested that she should stop driving, but she did drive well past the airport and did not get help.

If she died between midnight and the following morning, no one could do anything for her. It almost seems like it was too late to help her at 3:30PM when she finally found her car.

It seems like mom understood that there was a problem and thought that staying on the phone would solve it. I'm guessing that the next issue was that the GPS was "not working" so she missed the airport turnoff. Why didn't someone call 911 and report that she was having a psychotic episode? Were they hoping that it would pass - that it was a temporary malfunction?

Yes and no. If someone does not want help, does not communicate to police that she wants to be found, what can they do? Police could think she was on drugs by choice and wanted to be left alone.

She was not herself at 3:30PM when she was looking for her car. She phoned her mom for help. That's very odd, yet she got in her car and started driving with her mom on the phone. Surely the family made suggestions for her to get help between 3:30PM and midnight and maybe even suggested that she should stop driving, but she did drive well past the airport and did not get help.

If she died between midnight and the following morning, no one could do anything for her. It almost seems like it was too late to help her at 3:30PM when she finally found her car.

It seems like mom understood that there was a problem and thought that staying on the phone would solve it. I'm guessing that the next issue was that the GPS was "not working" so she missed the airport turnoff. Why didn't someone call 911 and report that she was having a psychotic episode? Were they hoping that it would pass - that it was a temporary malfunction?
Someone in the family did call the police (911?) while she was driving around. That’s when LE called her and spoke to her but said they couldn’t locate her.

Finally caught up, and what a sad, confounding and unexpected outcome. Erin made such a huge impact on those that loved her and the world can barely stand to lose the few driven and talented people we have. :(

Now I wonder if the media can sit back and think about whether they really did anything to help this family or not. Tell me, which of these statements makes you think of voluntary missing first:

SLC Tech CEO missing in Silicon Valley

or

Erin Valenti, SLC native missing in San Jose, may be in need of urgent assistance

Nope. The only conferences worth attending are industry conferences such as Google's, FUND, The International, WordCamp, TED anything organised by fortune 500s or major media etc. The rest can be cultish and pyramid schemey and don't teach you anything you shouldn't already know if you're college educated or experienced or know how to use YouTube. With that said, there are a lot of great locally organized meetups and networking events like those Erin would setup that are wonderful for meeting likeminded people or finding partnerships. It isn't really worth getting into how legit Erin or her network is at this point, though of course it can help us understand how she ended up. Erin appears to have held a lot of far-out beliefs, including a few rooted in the bay area, which are concerning. In fact, if we speculate based on what the internet tells us about Erin, there are any number of crazy theories we could come up with. The most likely explanation is she had a medical event or succumbed to the elements.

If foul play was a possibility, LE would probably have mentioned that by now. Her family would be calling out names or alluding to getting justice.

Please start a thread and give us the link!
To what case I am on?

BBM and SBM

I get what you’re saying but I don’t necessarily agree. If police spoke to her on the phone Monday night- (which supposedly they did), and they agreed she seemed “off”/etc (which supposedly they did), and they did drive around for a bit to try to find her (which supposedly they did)- then LE should have (IMHO) considered her endangered, or a potential danger to other drivers at least. If they thought she was on drugs and driving then all the more reason to try longer to find her! Gasp. To think LE lets people they think might be on drugs continue to drive around late at night freaks me out. Gasp gasp gasp.

I do understand that SJPD may be short-staffed, have a myriad of crimes to deal with, etc, BUT. I remain baffled as to why- at the least- they didn’t file a missing person report until Thursday and when they did they labeled it “voluntary”.

MOO.

I don't believe that at all. There were plenty of opportunities to break the chain of events. Unfortunately it was mostly up to her relatives and friends who weren't there. One alert sent to locals could have changed everything.

It's totally legitimate Global workshop, and the 2-3 day seminar runs about $6500 per person -- definitely for the well heeled. MOO

It was held at the Ritz Carlton in Laguna. Check in was Sunday 9/29, and course began Monday 9/30 - and continued Tues & Wed. Check out was Thursday 10/3.

Create Powerful is an intense immersive, live course designed for individuals who are committed to personal and professional growth, becoming more powerful leaders of themselves, and others, and experiencing their relationships in a powerful way.

If you desire to learn more about the Create Powerful Course, please visit www.createpowerful.com

Link to video testimonials from participants:

Create Powerful Course - OntoCore
Sounds kind of "cultish" to me...moo

I don't believe that at all. There were plenty of opportunities to break the chain of events. Unfortunately it was mostly up to her relatives and friends who weren't there. One alert sent to locals could have changed everything.
I totally agree!!! This is one case where I feel LE really dropped the ball and it could have turned out so differently if they had just done their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz