GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

The deer defense won't work because she hid the Jeep. You don't hide your vehicle if you hit a deer.

Not if she can convince them she hid it after she was told it was them.

This is Chiv's post before the one quoting MK's friend Rex posted above. This testimony is sickening. I can't believe this woman! Officer Adams drove MK from the roadblock to the accident scene and could tell she was intoxicated. The man who called 911 identified MK as the Jeep driver. Her reaction when Faith's body was uncovered certainly contradicts her statement that Faith is like a daughter.

Officer Adams said once the tarp was removed from Jane Doe #1 (Faith), Marci Kitchen said, "Wait that's not my daughter and her demeanor completely changed. Best adjective I can use is she went from almost hysteria to almost cavalier attitude. I was personally taken aback when she said, 'Oh, that's not my daughter'."

Officer Adams said Marci Kitchen switched gears again when he asked her if she knew who Jane Doe #1 was and she responded that it was Faith Tsarnas and that she was like a daughter, the same age as her own daughter Kiya, 14, and she was a houseguest, visiting out of town.

Officer Adams said the primary factor of the collision was driving a vehicle while intoxicated and secondary factor was driving a vehicle at unsafe speed.

Referring to his own interactions with Marci Kitchen he testified to earlier and Duane Ashback placing a woman, matching Marci Kitchen's description at the scene, Adams said his conclusions were based on "Ms. Kitchen driving the Jeep and her numerous signs of alcohol intoxication."
BBM

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2017/05/i-was-personally-taken-aback-when-she.html

So MK's daughter had just died and she has the presence of mind to call her friend RK and ask her to remove seven pounds of marijuana and booze from the Jeep? And her friend actually would have done it if it was in the Jeep (apparently someone beat her to it). She looked for the marijuana after MK told her she hit the girls.

But she drew the line at moving a car in front of the house when she realized what was happening. At least she told MK to turn herself in.

But really, who ARE this people?!!!!!

Kitchen told Rex she pulled over and looked back but saw nothing, so she left for home. Rex found no marijuana in the Jeep, and just one unopened bottle of beer. But at Kitchen’s direction she removed one pound of marijuana from the bedroom.
Officers testified it was still daylight, no flashlights or car headlights required, and the incident occurred on a straight stretch of road. The weather reportedly was clear and dry.
Kitchen was told Kiya had been taken to Redwood Memorial Hospital. Chase said he was worried about her driving because she appeared to be so drunk, but Josh Pearlston assured him he would give her a ride.

When Chase arrived at the hospital he was surprised Kitchen wasn’t there. But her son Jevin Kitchen and a friend of his were.
“They won’t let me fly on the plane with my daughter because they think I’m drunk,” she reportedly told the officer. Chase said he told her he agreed that she was drunk. In fact, he said, Kitchen was still slurring her words, repeating herself and struggling with multi-syllable words.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/may/8/kitchen-preliminary-hearing/

More from the LoCO article....

According to Chase, the injured girls were found 350 feet away from the initial point of impact. He said he attributed that to the driver traveling at a high rate of speed and continuing to drive after striking the girls.

SHE DIDN'T EVEN HIT THE BRAKES!!!!!! :mad: Since her windshield cracked, someone hit the windshield. That would cause a normal, sober person hitting something (deer or human) to slow down and stop immediately.

The first person to call 911 that night was Duane Ashbach, who lives not far from the accident scene. He told Chase he was driving southbound toward home when he saw two girls along the east shoulder of Eel River Drive. One was walking, the other on a skateboard.

Ashbach was home for about 10 minutes, then headed back to Fortuna. This time he saw a car coming toward him that appeared to be swerving from lane to lane. Then he saw the vehicle slow down and pull over to the side of the road. He described the driver as someone who looked just like one of the skateboarders he had seen 10 minutes earlier.

SWERVING FROM LANE TO LANE AFTER HITTING SOMETHING? Was she trying to regain control of the Jeep or playing games?

Ashbach then saw a body lying in the road, and he called 911. He realized the girl in the road was one of the skateboarders he had seen moments before.

BBM

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/may/8/kitchen-preliminary-hearing/

KIEM Channel 3 story....

Deputy District Attorney Stacey Eads introduced two diagrams representing the crime scene. Officer Adams said that based on CHP's investigation, the bodies were discovered 250 and 270 feet away from where the collision occurred.

LoCO said the girls were found 350 feet from point of impact, referring to Officer Chase's testimony. Which was it? That's a big difference, although both are awful, and it doesn't change the fact that MK was speeding and didn't slow down. Misprint?

http://kiem-tv.com/video/marci-kitchen-preliminary-hearing-begins-first-officers-scene-testify

The Mad River Union article....

At the crime scene – Kitchen is accused of vehicular manslaughter and a host of other charges –Adams found no signs or physical evidence that Kitchen braked her Jeep Wrangler. He and Deputy District Attorney Stacey Eads unrolled two 7-foot long, vertical schematic diagrams and hung them at the front of the courtroom. They mapped from an aerial perspective where the girls’ bodies were found, the debris from the Jeep (a fender flare, paint chips, a Chrysler-Jeep inventory tag), a wrecked skateboard, an intact skateboard, a solitary black flip-flop and the long wake of vehicle fluid – physical evidence of the Jeep’s trajectory and its direction of travel, from the collision point with the girls to where Kitchen allegedly stopped momentarily before leaving the scene.
There was no sign she slowed down when she slammed into the completely unprotected teenagers, who were scantily clad in T-shirts and one of them, Tsarnas, in shorts.
BBM UBM

​http://www.madriverunion.com/chp-fi...ling-to-brake-attempting-to-conceal-evidence/

Since when are teens in shorts and T-shirts referred to as "scantily clad"? That's appropriate and sufficient attire for skateboarding on a summer evening....unless one was wearing only a skimpy t-shirt and underwear. "Scantily clad" has an implication that shouldn't be used in this context IMO...even if it was accurate.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8298/etymology-of-scantily-clad

7 POUNDS of marijuana?! SEVEN POUNDS!!! Do you guys know how much weed that is? I've had the same quarter ounce of medical marijuana for 3 or 4 months, and it will probably last another 3 or 4 months. Holy cow!

I can't believe she was in the hospital while her daughter died, calling friends to help her hide this crap!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So MK's daughter had just died and she has the presence of mind to call her friend RK and ask her to remove seven pounds of marijuana and booze from the Jeep? And her friend actually would have done it if it was in the Jeep (apparently someone beat her to it). She looked for the marijuana after MK told her she hit the girls.

But she drew the line at moving a car in front of the house when she realized what was happening. At least she told MK to turn herself in.

But really, who ARE this people?!!!!!
Yes, who are they? My goodness! If I had a friend ask me to do something like this... Well, I'm afraid we would not be friends anymore. And I'd be testifying against them.

What a vile excuse for a human.

I followed this case early on and at that time I thought I despised this woman. Today, I've been catching-up on the reports... and now, my thoughts can't be posted... the words I'd use aren't allowed here.

7 POUNDS of marijuana?! SEVEN POUNDS!!! Do you guys know how much weed that is? I've had the same quarter ounce of medical marijuana for 3 or 4 months, and it will probably last another 3 or 4 months. Holy cow!

I can't believe she was in the hospital while her daughter died, calling friends to help her hide this crap!

Not that it really matters, but... make that 8 lbs... one more in the bedroom.

"Rex grew suspicious of what her friend seemed to be up to when Kitchen made two more requests from Oakland. She wanted Rex to retrieve a pound of marijuana from her bedroom and to move vehicles in front of the house, to conceal the damaged Jeep."

http://www.madriverunion.com/chp-fi...ling-to-brake-attempting-to-conceal-evidence/

** ETA MK has an emotional IQ of a potato... and that's insulting the potato.

She must have been dealing drugs.

Yes, 7lbs of pot is a LOT. That is not personal use purposes. That is dealer level quantity.

KIEM Channel 3 story....

Deputy District Attorney Stacey Eads introduced two diagrams representing the crime scene. Officer Adams said that based on CHP's investigation, the bodies were discovered 250 and 270 feet away from where the collision occurred.

LoCO said the girls were found 350 feet from point of impact, referring to Officer Chase's testimony. Which was it? That's a big difference, although both are awful, and it doesn't change the fact that MK was speeding and didn't slow down. Misprint?

http://kiem-tv.com/video/marci-kitchen-preliminary-hearing-begins-first-officers-scene-testify

350 feet is the length of a football field.
Were they drug by the car? Pushed along in front of it? What the heckin' speed would move somebody that distance. Two somebodies in fact.
It is traumatic and gruesome to read about. How MK is functioning is beyond me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21
Back