Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad it is when pictures of the victims are shown. :(

What if it was an angry ex-boyfriend?

How sad it is when pictures of the victims are shown. :(

What if it was an angry ex-boyfriend?
I know lots of kids that graduated from SC in 2003 so I'll keep my ears open.
I found Grace's facebook but am having trouble with it.

update on Orange County Register site:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/giudice-sheriff-family-2051863...

unconfirmed and unofficial tidbits from readers comments about the article:

"At one time Dr. Ucar was a professor at Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY. Several newspaper articles about Dr. Ucar were published in the Syracuse Post-Standard in the 70s and 80s. Interesting in light of this story was a small announcement published in that paper in October, 1986. It told of twin daughters being born on September 6 that year to Mr. and Mrs. Manas Ucar of 734 Westscott St.

Those daughters would have been 22 this fall."

about Mr. Ucar: "He also wrote a screenplay with the first draft date of May 28th, 1996. May 28th is just around the corner. The title of the screenplay is: Kill Me Last"

(SNIP)

Grrrr.... what I've left in the quote above was directly from my blog entry, which was published something like 18 hours ago. I wonder if the commenter there posted it as if it were their own.

Steve

Steve

The twins seem connected in every sense. Same clothes, same major in college....

Grrrr.... what I've left in the quote above was directly from my blog entry, which was published something like 18 hours ago. I wonder if the commenter there posted it as if it were their own.

Steve

Steve
I had a feeling that was what was happening.

Steve

Steve
People are Googling and your site probably came up and they posted the info.

That's unbelievable, Steve!! :mad:

Unfortunately, it's not. Happens more than you can believe. Recently David Lohr and I and several crime bloggers jumped a crime-based website for overt and flagrant plagiarism -- we got a couple of American newspapers and one British paper to send them cease-and-desists or something like that. In general, though, message boards can be some of the worst places for that sort of thing. As a writer, I really appreciate the advisement here about copyright laws. Sorry for the OT.

Steve

That's exactly what happens. I don't mind, as long as they give credit. Too often, they don't.

I'll update my blog entry shortly.

Steve
Of course they don't give credit, most who blog on a local message board are ignorant in that aspect.

Will be looking forward to any updates!

Steve,

You feel ripped off.... how exasperating!

It probably wouldn't be the right time for a reminder ..... "Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery" .

I shouldn't tease, your agitation is valid .... but, you have attained the authority & respect to be quotable ..... you will post to the comments a reminder about citing sources.... right? That will blow the thief's mind!

I guess I was confused. I thought the plagiarism was by an OC Register "reporter" not a person commenting there. I know you've had trouble with both though, Steve. Like NoZme said...

I guess I was confused. I thought the plagiarism was by an OC Register "reporter" not a person commenting there. I know you've had trouble with both though, Steve. Like NoZme said...
It is confusing TM. Those quotes were just from readers.

It is confusing TM. Those quotes were just from readers.
One thing one of the posters brought up was something I thought when I looked at the twins photo, is it photoshopped?

Margaux's head is off to the side over the shoulder :confused:

jb & tm,

mea culpa ... i copyed & pasted #58 rather hurriedly

the sections were bolded

but still caused confusion

certainly do not fault steve for..... can we say... being in a "huff"

he works hard & is damn good at what he does ... i bet if he could reach thru cyberpace & grab the person who swiped his words..... the thief wouldn't do it again!

goodnight ladies

jb & tm,

mea culpa ... i copyed & pasted #58 rather hurriedly

the sections were bolded

but still caused confusion

certainly do not fault steve for..... can we say... being in a "huff"

he works hard & is damn good at what he does ... i bet if he could reach thru cyberpace & grab the person who swiped his words..... the thief wouldn't do it again!

goodnight ladies
No worries for me Nozme. I had already read them all and I knew they were comments :)

One thing one of the posters brought up was something I thought when I looked at the twins photo, is it photoshopped?

Margaux's head is off to the side over the shoulder :confused:
Looks to me like they were scanned right out of the yearbook and they were hard to copy straight.

Looks to me like they were scanned right out of the yearbook and they were hard to copy straight.
Heck if I know, but like the poster said the cross is in the same spot. I noticed M's hair was faded on one side.............who knows, not me :)

Fingerprint experts called in to identify dead family

SAN CLEMENTE --Fingerprint experts are expected to help identify the badly decomposed bodies of five family members who were discovered in a house here over the weekend, Sheriff’s officials said Monday.

The bodies could have been in the house for two to three weeks, said Sheriff’s officials, who believe the deaths resulted from an isolated incident and that there is no danger to the community.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/giudice-sheriff-family-2051863-department-bodies

another commment:
ocrant wrote:
I just checked my kids' yearbook and the photos are the real deal. The hair on the girls is different. And the crosses are at a different angle. What bugs me is the post earlier from the guy who went to school with the girls. He said the mom brought lunch to school and ate it with them. That's not normal. That's crazy. And/or overprotective. And Mom had the gun in her name. Maybe because she owned the jewelry store or maybe because Dad was unstable

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerculesDog
Back