CA - Five Ucar family members found dead in San Clemente home, 25 May 2008

word on the street is that the father called family meeting. but I don't know who or why anyone would know that. here is the narrative from the 5/24 (day before)police call:

:"[5/24/2008 20:00:10 : pos8 : LGALLANT] [Cleared with unit 476] [05/24/2008 19:58:00 : 476 ] brother to the resident ownwers wife, opted not to break window to gain entry. SC Towing opened vehicle in driveway, no garage door opener in vehicle. Is going to wait until after Memorial Day to force entry and will contact OCSD at that time. Nothing seen through window into res. 925. [5/24/2008 19:16:17 : pos8 : LGALLANT] SC TOW ENROUTE 930 OUT FRONT...INF 10-97 TO CHECK ON HIS COUSIN, INF STS HE HAS NOT HEARD FROM HIM IN OVER THREE WEEKS AND REQUESTS FOR DEPUTIES TO ASSIST."

ETA: The narrative on the call from5/14, the initial call, is still blocked so i don't know what is up with that. The one from yesterday doesn't say much of anything:
Narrative:
REFER ALL INQUIRIES TO PIO

This is from www.ocsd.org.

That police entry shows us that the police did everything that the family members asked them too.
I'm off to the reservoir!

That police entry shows us that the police did everything that the family members asked them too.
I'm off to the reservoir!
Yes, they did and I took a screen cap to back up that fact:
ftcv4.jpg

Oh man, the family waited because they didn't want to break in? Maybe they thought the family went on a trip over the weekend. :( They had been dead for weeks anyway, right?

I have reason to believe they were Turkish muslims, and even though the family has lived in the U.S. for decades, they were still pretty insular. One of the titles copyrighted by the father in the late 90s referenced "Allah," and a photo I found that may have been of one of the daughters showed her wearing a hijab. This may explain some stuff about them keeping to themselves, if it all ends up being accurate.
A Muslim is not rare in Orange County or Southern CA:

The Islamic Center of Irvine was founded by the local Muslim community in the city of Irvine, California in August 28, 2004. One of the largest Muslim congregations in California, it has an estimated membership of 3,000 worshippers. Offering a variety of services from youth programs to senior workshops to interfaith sports activities, it is a widely respected cultural center in the Orange County. Its ideal location in the city of Irvine makes it one of the most expensive buildings in Orange County, and it is one of the most beautiful. Partnered with the Islamic Center of Orange County in nearby Garden Grove and the Orange County Islamic Foundation in Mission Viejo, Orange County and Southern California have the most Muslims in the United States, numbering up to 800,000
credit wikipedia

Oh man, the family waited because they didn't want to break in? Maybe they thought the family went on a trip over the weekend. :( They had been dead for weeks anyway, right?
At least two weeks TM from what I've heard here locally.

I don't know if the family that finally broke in lived in the area............hopefully will learn more this evening.

It seems obvious that no one in the house had a regular job they'd be missed from either. What is sad is other family members had no idea what had happened or called on them before this weekend, when these people had been inside the house dead for a couple of weeks. :(

How sad. Unless it were some sort of suicide pact, or a murder by someone else, it sounds like as least one of the couple had gotten to a gun to defend themself.

How sad. Unless it were some sort of suicide pact, or a murder by someone else, it sounds like as least one of the couple had gotten to a gun to defend themself.
Ballistics will tell the truth. :)

Yes, they did and I took a screen cap to back up that fact:

Just had to one up my little c&p didn't ya?

Seriously did you try and open ethe narrative fro the 14th? It won't open but all the ones around it will.

well here are some pictures of Sea Pointe FWIW.
I usually walk down this road into the neighborhood, but I didn't today:

seapoint004.jpg

seapoint001.jpg

seapoint011.jpg

Just had to one up my little c&p didn't ya?

Seriously did you try and open ethe narrative fro the 14th? It won't open but all the ones around it will.
It stil says the same thing "REFER ALL INQUIRIES TO PIO" so maybe it's due to the names being in there, or other info. they don't want Public at this time, dunno ???

It stil says the same thing "REFER ALL INQUIRIES TO PIO" so maybe it's due to the names being in there, or other info. they don't want Public at this time, dunno ???
No..the 14th Can you get that one open?

well here are some pictures of Sea Pointe FWIW.
I usually walk down this road into the neighborhood, but I didn't today:
Good shots JB. My friends live all the way down near the water on Boca de la Playa, do ya know where that is?

Good shots JB. My friends live all the way down near the water on Boca de la Playa, do ya know where that is?
Oh yes that is in my old stomping grounds. *Old * San Clemente. By North Beach.

The family that owned the house, the Ucars, had twin daughters in their early 20s, Grace, left, and Margaux, right, said Roxie Weaver, a neighbor. “You could hardly tell (the twins) apart because they always dressed exactly alike

wo handguns found in house with dead family
UPDATE: Twins who lived in house went to San Clemente High, neighbor says

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/giudice-sheriff-family-2051863-department-bodies

The family that owned the house, the Ucars, had twin daughters in their early 20s, said Roxie Weaver, a neighbor.
In an interview with KDOC-TV’s Daybreak OC news show, to be aired Tuesday, Weaver said “You could hardly tell (the twins) apart because they always dressed exactly alike.”
Grace and Margaux Ucar were 2004 graduates of San Clemente High School, according to a yearbook Weaver showed to KDOC. A Grace and Margo Ucar studied human biology at UC San Diego, where they were due to graduate this year, according to a list posted on the university’s Web site.
The twins’ mother had a jewelry store at the atrium in Fashion Island, Weaver said. She said the family had lived in the gated neighborhood for 17 or 18 years and were “very private.”
Three relatives – at least two of them brothers – found the bodies on Sunday afternoon after breaking a window to get into the house, Giudice said. The smell was so overwhelming that investigators had to wear Scuba-like breathing masks when they entered

update on Orange County Register site:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/giudice-sheriff-family-2051863-department-bodies?orderby=TimeStampAscending&showRecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=12#slComments

highlights from above article:

"house is owned by Manas Ucar, property record show. Ucar is listed as a consulting engineer and an expert witness for accident investigations, according to ca-experts.com – an online California database of expert witnesses.
Property records also list a Margaret or Margrit Ucar at the address. "

......"Found dead in the house were a man and a woman in their 40s or 50s, twin sisters in their 20s, and an older woman in her 70s or 80sThe middle-aged man and woman were found near a closet off a first-floor bedroom, each with a handgun nearby. One of the guns was registered to the woman, Giudice said; she did not know to whom the second was registered, or whether either gun had been fired."

.........."The two sisters and the older woman were found nearby, in the first-floor bedroom. Giudice said there was no sign of a struggle and nothing else in the bedroom appeared to be amiss."

................"Grace and Margaux Ucar were 2004 graduates of San Clemente High School, according to a yearbook Weaver showed to KDOC. A Grace and Margo Ucar studied human biology at UC San Diego, where they were due to graduate this year"

.........."The twins’ mother had a jewelry store at the atrium in Fashion Island, Weaver said. She said the family had lived in the gated neighborhood for 17 or 18 years and were “very private.”

unconfirmed and unofficial tidbits from readers comments about the article:

"At one time Dr. Ucar was a professor at Syracuse University in Syracuse, NY. Several newspaper articles about Dr. Ucar were published in the Syracuse Post-Standard in the 70s and 80s. Interesting in light of this story was a small announcement published in that paper in October, 1986. It told of twin daughters being born on September 6 that year to Mr. and Mrs. Manas Ucar of 734 Westscott St.

Those daughters would have been 22 this fall."

about Mr. Ucar: "He also wrote a screenplay with the first draft date of May 28th, 1996. May 28th is just around the corner. The title of the screenplay is: Kill Me Last"

"Okay, here's what we know:
Manas Ucar was a professional expert witness for 18 years.
Manas testified in trials for a living. Including a controversial one involving a drunk cop
Manas wrote a movie script called "Kill Me Last"
His wife's birthday was May 15th, about the time they were murdered.
Manas was born 1950, so he's 57 or 58."

"One rumor swirling around is one of his daughter's didn't get into med school."

about the screenplay: "The titles are listed in US Copyright."

"Another "honor killing" from the religion of peace?"

"The girls in the pictures have on crosses. Do Muslims wear crosses?"

Thanks for the update! No, Muslims don't wear crosses. I'm thinking in the first part of the article it says he was an expert witness for accident investigations, and the mother had a jewelry store. Maybe this wasn't a murder/suicide but someone else did it for revenge or money? This is definitely an interesting case.

Thanks for the update! No, Muslims don't wear crosses. I'm thinking in the first part of the article it says he was an expert witness for accident investigations, and the mother had a jewelry store. Maybe this wasn't a murder/suicide but someone else did it for revenge or money? This is definitely an interesting case.
This morning I posted a reply to Steve regarding another link to a jewelry business. It's located in Los Angeles and is named after someone who was listed as a possible relative.

This all probably has nothing to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back