CA - Five Ucar family members found dead in San Clemente home, 25 May 2008

Two handguns found in house with dead family

UPDATE: Autopsies on five bodies are under way. No identities have been released
SAN CLEMENTE -- Two handguns were found in a house here where five family members were found dead over the weekend, Sheriff’s officials said today.
The five were found late Sunday afternoon after relatives went to the house on Campanilla Street in the gated Sea Point Estates neighborhood overlooking the ocean, officials said. The bodies could have been in the house for two to three weeks, said Sheriff’s officials, who believe the deaths resulted from an isolated incident and that there is no danger to the community.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/giudice-sheriff-family-2051863-department-bodies

The sisters and the older woman were found in a first-floor bedroom, while the middle-aged man and woman were found near a closet on the first floor, Giudice said.
One handgun was found near the middle-aged woman, and the other was found near the middle-aged man, Giudice said. She didn’t know whether either gun had been fired.
The middle-aged man appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound, Giudice said. One more of the dead also might have been shot, she said. It’s unknown how the others died she said

From the Los Angeles Times article:

"James Adams, 55, and Tami Adams, 50, who have lived in the neighborhood for 21 years, said the family appeared to be close.

Tami Adams said the middle-aged woman who was found was a doctor.

"I saw the mom driving the kids to school all the time," James Adams said. "They seemed to be a close family, but they kind of kept to themselves.""

So, the wife is a doctor as well as the husband?

From the Los Angeles Times article:

"James Adams, 55, and Tami Adams, 50, who have lived in the neighborhood for 21 years, said the family appeared to be close.

Tami Adams said the middle-aged woman who was found was a doctor.

"I saw the mom driving the kids to school all the time," James Adams said. "They seemed to be a close family, but they kind of kept to themselves.""

So, the wife is a doctor as well as the husband?
Don't know nora if in fact the wife was a doctor. The husband wasn't a medical doctor, he had a PhD.

I found it odd that the neighbor said the wife drove the "kids" to school, they were grown, not kids ????

I have reason to believe they were Turkish muslims, and even though the family has lived in the U.S. for decades, they were still pretty insular. One of the titles copyrighted by the father in the late 90s referenced "Allah," and a photo I found that may have been of one of the daughters showed her wearing a hijab. This may explain some stuff about them keeping to themselves, if it all ends up being accurate.

I am going to walk over there a little later and see what I can see.

SQ,
Such a nice community. Here's their HomePage:

http://www.seapointeestates.org/HomePage.htm

It is a lovely community, but it is not as nice as it once was. They had some GEO issues that resulted in slippage. This greatly impacted the home values and while it is a nice area, many shy away from it because of the stigma. I sold a community next door about 12- 15 ish years ago and at the time Sea Pointe was a great comp and really helped the community property values that i was selling.
But it did not appreciate at the rate many others did.

I have reason to believe they were Turkish muslims, and even though the family has lived in the U.S. for decades, they were still pretty insular. One of the titles copyrighted by the father in the late 90s referenced "Allah," and a photo I found that may have been of one of the daughters showed her wearing a hijab. This may explain some stuff about them keeping to themselves, if it all ends up being accurate.
I just heard about this on the Fox news today. Thank you for the insight into what may have happened inside the house since it seems from what has been released it may be murder/suicide. It's still mysterious what led to what happened though. :(

Don't get into trouble JB !
I always get in trouble back there. It is the same area i got yelled at by the police officer during the fires :innocent: I do a lot of walking and bike riding back there. But from my vantage point on top of Sea Pointe i could see the fire.
But I am only going to go to the reservoir and that is higher up in Sea Point. I will be high up on Marbella. I don't think I will be able to see much and I am not going to walk down any closer. I am afraid that cop will yell at me again.

I always get in trouble back there. It is the same area i got yelled at by the police officer during the fires :innocent: I do a lot of walking and bike riding back there. But from my vantage point on top of Sea Pointe i could see the fire.
But I am only going to go to the reservoir and that is higher up in Sea Point. I will be high up on Marbella. I don't think I will be able to see much and I am not going to walk down any closer. I am afraid that cop will yell at me again.

Keep safe. we would miss you dreadfully. :eek:

On a serious note, if it is murder suicide, i'm sick of people who believe the right thing to do is take someone else with them! :furious:

On a serious note, if it is murder suicide, i'm sick of people who believe the right thing to do is take someone else with them! :furious:
hahaha I'll be fine unless I need bail money.
I wonder if in some twisted way the murderers feel like they are *sparing* the innocent family members the pain of having to live with what the relative has done to the other family members. For example if the man wanted to kill the wife , but he knew the daughters would be devastated by his actions, so he just killed them too.
It truly sickens me.

I think what Steve posted, if it proves to be true, could explain some things about a murder/suicide. But I also agree, why do people think this is the answer? I hope we find out more and it leads to another person, maybe known by this family, who did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back