CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Burris may genuinely be concerned for people he views as threatened by the system. Who knows? Maybe we are too weary of defence lawyers' antics.

Are there really lawyers who scan the daily headlines looking for a high profile case (or one that can be encourage to become high profile) that is within their reach? Is this the modern equivalent of ambulance chasing? One thing for sure, some defense lawyers (no one ever heard of previously) have become household names by riding a well publicised case.

Yes, all joking aside, I am willing to give Burris the benefit of the doubt.

Mr Burris may genuinely be concerned for people he views as threatened by the system. Who knows? Maybe we are too weary of defence lawyers' antics.

Are there really lawyers who scan the daily headlines looking for a high profile case (or one that can be encourage to become high profile) that is within their reach? Is this the modern equivalent of ambulance chasing? One thing for sure, some defense lawyers (no one ever heard of previously) have become household names by riding a well publicised case.

You are so right...:woohoo:
Less Media Less Mr. Burris More Media More Mr. Burris

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=NO-CHARGES-(UPDATE-ON-BCN44)-12-24

Burris said he thinks that that the Oakland Police Department arrested Campbell as "a tactic to intimidate her to talk" and disclose incriminating evidence against Ross.

He said, "She hadn't done anything wrong but the police didn't accept that."

Burris said he was in the process of finding a lawyer to represent Campbell in case she appeared in court, but that he won't have to do so now that she is being released.

However, he said he has found a lawyer to represent Ross in the event charges are filed against him.

Guess Ross is covered if charges come down tomorrow. Maybe Mr Burris should keep looking for that lawyer for JC, just in case.:)

I've heard of dumber criminals doing it. Sometimes, it's just a matter of luck.

What criminal do you know of so slick he didn't get caught - no evidence - no body - no crime scene - no motive? The only ones I can think of haven't been caught yet - like the sicko who murdered little Nevaeh in Michigan. mho

I'm a little worried about this whole "insufficient evidence" thing. Did LE arrest them without any evidence? Man, I really thought they must've had somenthing.

Prime News is talking about Hasanni right now

HLN PrimeTime News Is discussing Hasanni's case right now!

They always repeat this several times during the nite!

:angel:

Burris "has earned millions of dollars" in hundreds of police brutality and high-profile lawsuits, including a $3.8 million verdict for Rodney King and a $42,000 settlement in a suit brought on behalf of Tupac Shakur.[3] He won a number of large settlements against the city of Oakland, California, including the city's largest settlement, $10.9 million for allegedly planting evidence in the "Oakland Riders" case.[3]

Burris's license to practice law was suspended for disciplinary reasons for thirty days in 1996.[3][9]

In 1996, Rodney King sued Burris and two other attorneys, accusing them of trying to defraud King out of his rightful share of recovery from a multi-million-dollar jury verdict against Los Angeles; a court ruled that King's suit was not brought within the statute of limitations.[2]

In 2005, federal judge Vaughn R. Walker fined Burris $10,800 for filing a meritless lawsuit without adequately investigating the claims of his clients, but the California state bar took no disciplinary action in response to the judge's referral.[3]

Notes by me- I think he clearly positioning himself to sue the county at a minimum for the handling of Jennifer, 6 months pregnant, hauled into jail with no evidence, causing her great trauma.

Awww carp! Can't believe JC was released. I sure hope they have something on LR! Guess JC didn't fold, or is it possible, she doesn't know anything? Seems unlikely though.

Let's hope LR has his hearing and gets to stay in jail. I would hope that LE have some kind of evidence.

BTW, I've been mostly reading in this case, but you all are awesome...the information you have all uncovered! WOW! is all I can say! :blowkiss:

Burris "has earned millions of dollars" in hundreds of police brutality and high-profile lawsuits, including a $3.8 million verdict for Rodney King and a $42,000 settlement in a suit brought on behalf of Tupac Shakur.[3] He won a number of large settlements against the city of Oakland, California, including the city's largest settlement, $10.9 million for allegedly planting evidence in the "Oakland Riders" case.[3]

Burris's license to practice law was suspended for disciplinary reasons for thirty days in 1996.[3][9]

In 1996, Rodney King sued Burris and two other attorneys, accusing them of trying to defraud King out of his rightful share of recovery from a multi-million-dollar jury verdict against Los Angeles; a court ruled that King's suit was not brought within the statute of limitations.[2]

In 2005, federal judge Vaughn R. Walker fined Burris $10,800 for filing a meritless lawsuit without adequately investigating the claims of his clients, but the California state bar took no disciplinary action in response to the judge's referral.[3]

Notes by me- I think he clearly positioning himself to sue the county at a minimum for the handling of Jennifer, 6 months pregnant, hauled into jail with no evidence, causing her great trauma.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Burris#cite_note-ap-2

Thank you kindly for that information, impatientredhead. You are a valuable asset on WS and are greatly appreciated. :blowkiss:

As I said, the victim gets lost in the shuffle. :(

I think legally it is a good move to not charge her yet.
I do believe she is involved and knew this child was being abused.
But from a trial standpoint they are already being very aggressive in pursuing charges with no body, no crime scene, and no witnesses.

Charging her too soon can completely destroy the case before it gets to court. They were probably trying to pressure her into talking. Just getting them separated may go a long way towards that cause. She may not talk until she is truly convinced he is not getting out in two days. They may also threaten her with taking her child when it is born which could get her talking as well.

I think you're right...no, let me correct that...I know you're right.....and the last thing anyone wants is for this case to come apart before it goes to trial.......and I did half expect this to happen today...........but I'm still a bit let down by the news. {{{I really thought she'd have talked by now}}}}

Thank you guys sometimes I do things without thinking:waitasec: or should I say based on my heart not logical..I do feel that she has issues even before LR. I only know her from years ago and as I have learned people change. I just hope I am wrong about her...

Your heart's in the right place, Meri! :blowkiss: That's why you're such an important member of our team!!!

Probably wouldn't have worked anyway - with the economy such as it is, we'd break in only to find moths in the vault.

.....and crickets and dustbunnies and IOU's............

............and then you'd both be suspects.........(footprints in the dust)

.........and we'd have to Sleuth :sleuth: you!!!!!!!!

......believe me......*{{{{Wayyyy too much trouble - for so little profit }}}}} ;)

So stay here w/us - ya'll are *much better off! :yes:

.....and crickets and dustbunnies and IOU's............

............and then you'd both be suspects.........(footprints in the dust)

.........and we'd have to Sleuth :sleuth: you!!!!!!!!

......believe me......*{{{{Wayyyy too much trouble - for so little profit }}}}} ;)

So stay here w/us - ya'll are *much better off! :yes:

I always wanted fame... but I think I'll forgo it in this circumstance.

:idea::idea::idea: Call me crazy (so what's new, right? :) ) but I had a sudden flash of insight (and that, my dear friends is *rare on a Monday eve when I'm dog-tired from a long day (including a trip to the dentist (ick)) ............................

.....................but is it remotely possible, that JC *did talk, did turn someone in - - and *that's why the decision was made to release her, hours before court today????

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up - mine included - but once the thought occurred to me......it wouldn't go away easily......

Nancy Grace is covering Hasanni tonight! :clap:

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=NO-CHARGES-(UPDATE-ON-BCN44)-12-24

Burris said he thinks that that the Oakland Police Department arrested Campbell as "a tactic to intimidate her to talk" and disclose incriminating evidence against Ross.

He said, "She hadn't done anything wrong but the police didn't accept that."

Burris said he was in the process of finding a lawyer to represent Campbell in case she appeared in court, but that he won't have to do so now that she is being released.

However, he said he has found a lawyer to represent Ross in the event charges are filed against him.
Thanks so much ~ I just got to the computer and read that JC was released. So she won't be charged with anything? I'm getting a little worried now that LE may have acted too quickly and the don't have anything. :waitasec: MOO

I would love to know if LR is aware of the following....
1. that JC was not charged today,
2. that JC was released,
3. whether or not JC told LE anything about 'Little Man ( LR is the one "Dingle Ball" that knows whether JC knows anything to tell or not),
4. whether JC told LE other things about LR
5. whether LE told JC things about LR that JC may not have known

The one thing about our countrys' justice system is that LE can tell you any lie they want to try to get you to talk....

I guess any national media coverage is better than none for our little guy. My guess it'll be the last 15 minutes of the show after Haleigh's case. I know she mentioned covering something else too...can't remember what/who it was, but I'm happy that our little guy is finally getting some national coverage.

At least the whole hour isn't about MJ! :crazy: It's about time she gets back to doing what she does best....covering missing cases. Haleigh deserves air time after Misty's lovely LDT's too. That's another person along with LR that makes me :furious: & want to see them both :behindbar's: where they belong, till they both cough up the truth! JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member