CA CA - Gayle Marks, 18, Stockton, 18 Oct 1988

"This is a copy of the California I.D. card that Gayle had gone to the Department of Motor Vehicles to get that day. This did not come in the mail until May 1989. So I didn't know for sure if she had gone there or not. Because the police were still saying that she could have left on her own had she wanted to because she was 18 and considered an adult and her civil rights would have been violated. "
That is on the website that her mom has, you just have to click on the ID link.

Thanks. I couldn't get a really good look at the card in the video and it made me wonder. I also invited Gayle's mom over.

bumping Gayle up. Please remember her mother this holiday season.

Bumping for Gayle again. Her mother is such a sweet soul and answers all her correspondances regarding Gayle.Hoping she can find closure one way or another.

Bumping for Gayle! It will be 19 years next month since Gayle disappeared. Please support Gayle's Mom, Sue Kizer and visit her website below to read updates and view/sign the guestbook.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/GayleMarks/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/34dfca.html

Gayle Marie Marks
Missing since October 18, 1988 from Stockton, San Joaquin County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 30, 1969
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Medium-length blonde, permed hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: A black skirt, a black knit shirt, a brown scarf tied around her waist, brown high-top shoes and a black leather necklace with silver spheres attached to it.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marks accompanied her mother to work at the San Joaquin County Mental Health Department on October 18, 1988. Marks then walked to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). It has been established that she arrived at the DMV; however, it is not known where Marks went afterwards. She simply disappeared. Foul play is suspected in Marks' case. She left most of her personal belongings behind, including an uncashed paycheck. There have not been any suspects or any further clues related to Marks' disappearance in years.

Investigators
If you have information on this case, please contact:
Stockton Police Department
Officer Rosie Castanucea
209-937-8377
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.
Agency Case Number: 8844123
NCIC Number:
M-326876373
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information about Marks' case. Source Information:

I feel so sorry for Gayle's mom and how that horrible excuse for a detective treated her. Parents of the missing should be treated with sensitivity, honesty and respect. I hope she finds someone she can talk to as her heart must be broken after all these years.

I feel so sorry for Gayle's mom and how that horrible excuse for a detective treated her. Parents of the missing should be treated with sensitivity, honesty and respect. I hope she finds someone she can talk to as her heart must be broken after all these years.

I agree, Taximom..her poor mother has just been through so much crap with that detective and not getting the help she needed. I really pray she can get some answers soon.

This case has always interested me. her mom seems to get nowhere with it. i can't figure out why there is no intrest in this case.
What do you all think the chances of her being a victim of Wesley Shermantine are?

This case has always interested me. her mom seems to get nowhere with it. i can't figure out why there is no intrest in this case.
What do you all think the chances of her being a victim of Wesley Shermantine are?

I think the chances are good of Shermantine being involved. Gayle disappeared only 3 years after Chevelle Wheeler who went missing from Stockton, CA also and he was convicted of her murder although they have never found her body. Shermantine and his cohort, Loren Herzog were also convicted of the murder of Cynthia VanderHeiden who disappeared from the same area around 1998. I think they are responsible for many more disappearances and murders and the time frame and area fit in Gayle Marks' case.

I thought so too but her mom's website mentions her visiting a friends. i wonder if her has been ruled out.

Liz,

I grew up west of Stockton and I am real familiar with that area. I wonder: was Carey Stayner looked at with regard to this case? It is probably a longshot but he was living not very far away from Stockton.

Liz,

I grew up west of Stockton and I am real familiar with that area. I wonder: was Carey Stayner looked at with regard to this case? It is probably a longshot but he was living not very far away from Stockton.

That's a very good question, I never thought of him. You know, supposedly the only people he ever murdered was when he went on his rampage through Yosemite but anyone who can murder 4 people certainly has killed before. I bet there may very well be some unsolved murders in California from the 80s and 90s that could be attributed to him.

Bumping for gayle and her mother on the 19th anniversary of gayle's dissappearance. I hope she comes home soon.

Bumping for gayle and her mother on the 19th anniversary of gayle's dissappearance. I hope she comes home soon.

Gayle 38th birthday just passed and still not a clue as to what became of her. Does anyone have any thoghts on this case, it seems hard to generate interest in her case.

Well, I was gonna suggest reaching out these two dispicable pigs but I thin kthat would just bring more heartache. Has an extensive search ever been conducted of the old mines?

I didn't know this till I started visiting WS and found doenetwork, but Gayle vanished just a couple of months before the I-59 Jane Doe was found in my home county. When I was looking at missing females on the Doe site, Gayle's name and face stood out for me even though she wasn't a likely match for "my" Jane Doe.

Anyway, just wanted to add what little I could to let Gayle's mother know that Gayle is not forgotten. Her name and face stay in my memory.

Well, I was gonna suggest reaching out these two dispicable pigs but I thin kthat would just bring more heartache. Has an extensive search ever been conducted of the old mines?

I do believe someone should talk to Shermantine and Herzog again. I just wouldn't be surprised at all that they were involved in this. The timing just fits. I don't know about the mines...there have been no new articles in this case in well over a year, maybe even longer. I'll check on it further though when I get back from vacation. I do think of Gayle from time to time and what a tough time her poor Mom has had getting someone from LE to help her.

It's stated on the websites linked that LE established she was at the DMV because the ID card was received in the mail.
What about the surveillance cameras in the DMV office? Even the small office where I got my license in WV back the mid-80s had a camera on the waiting area, and one on each service desk (the DMV is notorious for people becoming disruptive due to long waits and endless paperwork). I would have to believe that a DMV in a California city in the late 80s also had several cameras.
If LE had reviewed the cameras at the time, it may have revealed someone speaking to, or bothering, or hitting on Gayle.
Even one of the suspects mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back