GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

I think that unless LE finds that drug use or involvement is somehow integral in the motive or reason for these killings it should be left alone. Much of the information in that regard is from dealers, IMO not such a credible source and nobody to defend it as they are gone. For these kids to have their lives not only cut short, but placed under the microscope quite literally to me seems so unfair. I look at it this way. If any of our lives were to stop today unexpectedly and our car, house, blood, telephone calls, bank accounts and everything not only examined but put into the newspaper...OH LORD! My Mother would be so embarrassed. I did wear clean underwear, but the rest? LOL

JMO's

I think that unless LE finds that drug use or involvement is somehow integral in the motive or reason for these killings it should be left alone. Much of the information in that regard is from dealers, IMO not such a credible source and nobody to defend it as they are gone. For these kids to have their lives not only cut short, but placed under the microscope quite literally to me seems so unfair. I look at it this way. If any of our lives were to stop today unexpectedly and our car, house, blood, telephone calls, bank accounts and everything not only examined but put into the newspaper...OH LORD! My Mother would be so embarrassed. I did wear clean underwear, but the rest? LOL

JMO's
At least you wear underwear! LOL JK I've thought of that several times if out of no where I died I'd have a purse full of RX drugs that were either for analytical testing or something similar that a customer gave me like for example if I had the active ingredients for Donnatal in my bag which is for IBS people would think I had the Scopolomine (devils breath I guess is the street name) to date rape unsuspecting dates, a tetrapak of wine from tailgating, a ton of carbon fiber, different types of empty never used capsules that fell off a bag from a while ago, toilet seat covers to go, hair extensions, mini nerf gun, and thats just the first half I'd totally be labeled as a creeper well more of a creeper than usual and my bank statements reflect the life of a Bachelorette with some questionable purchases that I bought because it was a good deal! Oh man and if my car got searched it looks like I have a human head in the back seat :/

According to police, GB met with the female drug dealer (can't remember her name) to purchase heroin that night at about 7pm. He later met with Chance Feller at about 11pm to purchase Xanax. (GB was introduced to CF by Gianni's cousin MD - who GB was on the phone with at 11:30pm before the conversation abruptly ended). CF would have been the last person known to see GB alive. So, my point is that it seems GB would not need to get drugs from Craigslist. He had already met with his connections that night.

And as for the baggie with cocaine found outside the car in Mission Valley, they traced the fingerprints back to coke dealer Derek Padilla. Police had to investigate him to make sure he wasn't the murderer. But, the other two drug dealers did have contact with GB that night. So, again, I don't see why GB would seek someone out on Craigslist to buy drugs. He was already well connected with 3 known drug dealers.

The search warrant DOES say the relative/cousin was MD. See search warrant # 46712 - it states "The last call Gianni is known to have made was to his cousin Mario Donato."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

If there is a quote in the search warrant that says the relative who introduced Gianni to Feller is MD, please give me the quote. The warrant says MD was the last person to speak with Gianni, I cannot find any quote that says MD introduced Gianni to Feller. It could have been a different relative.

Has anyone gone to the Courthouse to get the remaining search warrants? It seems MSM isn't going to do it.

If there is a quote in the search warrant that says the relative who introduced Gianni to Feller is MD, please give me the quote. The warrant says MD was the last person to speak with Gianni, I cannot find any quote that says MD introduced Gianni to Feller. It could have been a different relative.

Good catch. While the search warrant states the last call Gianni is known to have made was to his cousin MD. It does not say which relative introduced Gianni to Feller. However, I did notice on social media that Feller is FB friends with one of Gianni's relatives. I don't want to break any WS rules and name the person but if you look on FB you can see the connection.

JMO's

Good points. I just think it's weird to immediately jump to them NOT being involved with drugs given the very little bit we do know. But I'm fine with leaving it alone until if and when we do know more. I guess to me I find it equally tragic either way, but I can see where drug use might look bad to others.

And yeah... before WS I never even thought about it but since then, I've thought about the stuff that would/could be found in my house, car, etc. My husband's frequent nosebleeds alone would make us both look horrible if they brought in a blacklight or Luminol etc.

I really hope the right person (or people if there are more) is brought to the right form of justice for all of this. I still have a hard time even believing it. Can't imagine how their families feel.

Good catch. While the search warrant states the last call Gianni is known to have made was to his cousin MD. It does not say which relative introduced Gianni to Feller. However, I did notice on social media that Feller is FB friends with one of Gianni's relatives. I don't want to break any WS rules and name the person but if you look on FB you can see the connection.

Yeah, seems like he's friends with the younger D's

tvscum;10928573]All 38 search warrants have been unsealed and are available for review and/or purchase at .50 cents per page at the downtown San Diego courthouse. Because most of the remaining search warrants contain almost identical affidavits, the MSM did not purchase all of them. A lot of them relate to cell phone records, bank records, email records, and social media records. The returned warrants contain handwritten lists of what the cops seized, not the actual cell phone records or bank records or emails themselves. So, for example, the cops request all bank records for Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678. The handwritten return page just lists something like, "bank records from Wells Fargo Bank account #12345678."

The only warrant that contains additional information not already posted by MSM is the Target store search warrant, but the items seized are detailed in that CBS8 article linked below. (That warrant is #47297, I believe).
http://www.cbs8.com/story/26453781/...dealers-investigated-in-christmas-eve-murders

BBM and RSBM

Bringing tvscums post forward regarding the remaining search warrants as I don't want jggordo to think he is being ignored with his question. From what I see the ones we do not have are someway addressed in the ones we do. Of course with exception to the social media, bank records and search at Target. I would have to think that if there was anything of true importance in these that MSM would have certainly obtained them IMO

Hi All,

Just catching up with Gianni, Sal, and Ilona. Does anyone know when the next court date is for CM? At this point, this case leaves so many unanswered questions, my biggest one being why were Gianni, Sal, and Ilona specifically targeted. Just makes no sense since CM did not know them. As others have mentioned upthread, maybe someone hired CM to kill them. But who?? It seems especially cruel considering the time of year this was done. I wonder if someone was trying to ruin the boy's fathers life. So horrifically sad no matter what the reason, but I really just need to know why.

Hi All,

Just catching up with Gianni, Sal, and Ilona. Does anyone know when the next court date is for CM? At this point, this case leaves so many unanswered questions, my biggest one being why were Gianni, Sal, and Ilona specifically targeted. Just makes no sense since CM did not know them. As others have mentioned upthread, maybe someone hired CM to kill them. But who?? It seems especially cruel considering the time of year this was done. I wonder if someone was trying to ruin the boy's fathers life. So horrifically sad no matter what the reason, but I really just need to know why.

BBM

Hi EmmaRose! On October 10, 2014 he is scheduled to go through a competency evaluation and his next court appearance is to be 10/27/2014 @ 9:00 am to release the findings of the evaluation. I'm not entirely sure he will be present at that hearing as IMO it would depend on the findings.

Agree...none of this makes sense and it's just so tragic. It burns my bum that CM is not talking or helping his PD in his own defense. The thought of this dragging on for months or years just isn't right.

BBM

Hi EmmaRose! On October 10, 2014 he is scheduled to go through a competency evaluation and his next court appearance is to be 10/27/2014 @ 9:00 am to release the findings of the evaluation. I'm not entirely sure he will be present at that hearing as IMO it would depend on the findings.

Agree...none of this makes sense and it's just so tragic. It burns my bum that CM is not talking or helping his PD in his own defense. The thought of this dragging on for months or years just isn't right.

I certainly agree with all you said, especially the burn your bum comment, teehee. Oct 27th isn't so far away, but it sure feels like it is. I'm sick of alot of these cases that keep getting postponed over and over. Let's pray we don't have a repetition of that this time 'round!

Hi All,

I'm with you. I don't think any reason "why" will really make sense to me but I do desperately want to know. Even if the reason doesn't make sense to me at least it would be something. I think that either CM knew them and other people didn't realize it, or he was hired. Either way to kill them all is awful, and then you add in the fact that it was Christmas Eve and it's almost unbelievable. I don't know how much they'll release from his court date but I hope at least some of it is released.

I still have to believe there is more than just Mercado involved. He has to be protecting a co-conspirator for whatever reason. I think the only thing that will be revealed at the next hearing is whether he is competent to help in his defense. And part of that may be how heavily he is being medicated. To me there are two parts to that. Is he being so medicated that he is not rational in naming or not naming who helped him or who orchestrated this crime? If he has such low self worth that he would commit suicide rather than divulge that then it is not rational. Should he feel his doing so may put his family in danger could be part of the equation, who knows. After all his family and address info is all out there now. But at the end of the day I don't believe for a minute he acted alone or acted randomly.

JMO's

I still have to believe there is more than just Mercado involved. He has to be protecting a co-conspirator for whatever reason. I think the only thing that will be revealed at the next hearing is whether he is competent to help in his defense. And part of that may be how heavily he is being medicated. To me there are two parts to that. Is he being so medicated that he is not rational in naming or not naming who helped him or who orchestrated this crime? If he has such low self worth that he would commit suicide rather than divulge that then it is not rational. Should he feel his doing so may put his family in danger could be part of the equation, who knows. After all his family and address info is all out there now. But at the end of the day I don't believe for a minute he acted alone or acted randomly.

JMO's

Too true. I wonder how heavily medicated he is now - that's a good question.

I don't think he was alone and I don't think it was random. I do want to know why, though. I realize it might have just been some stupid gang shooting but this just seems too personal.

Too true. I wonder how heavily medicated he is now - that's a good question.

I don't think he was alone and I don't think it was random. I do want to know why, though. I realize it might have just been some stupid gang shooting but this just seems too personal.

Two different vehicles on the same night on Christmas Eve. Random seems out of the question to me. A gun used with a silencer to accomplish the deed. An executioner in training IMO. More to find out I think.

JMO

Two different vehicles on the same night on Christmas Eve. Random seems out of the question to me. A gun used with a silencer to accomplish the deed. An executioner in training IMO. More to find out I think.

JMO

I believe we as a group are intelligent, bright, have tons of common sense and are logical. Just using logic and common sense this crime would tell us that NO it was not random and YES it would take more than one person to execute such a personal assault on a family. We continue to try to fit the square peg into the round hole and it just doesn't fit.

At this point I have to have faith in LE and the DA to find all those missing pieces to fit our mold. After CM's arrest in June an abundant amount of information came out that was going on behind the scenes that was mind boggling!

I truly believe this will happen again and I would bet it will bring more devastation to these families. :fence:

MOO :moo:

I'm with you. I don't think any reason "why" will really make sense to me but I do desperately want to know. Even if the reason doesn't make sense to me at least it would be something. I think that either CM knew them and other people didn't realize it, or he was hired. Either way to kill them all is awful, and then you add in the fact that it was Christmas Eve and it's almost unbelievable. I don't know how much they'll release from his court date but I hope at least some of it is released.

Me too! The Belvederes lost two children simultaneously. How can they deal with that? And I am sure they were fond of Ilona; they opened up their home to her. No one should have to bear the grief they must feel, and now, each Christmas Eve, usually peaceful and family oriented, will be overshadowed by what they know happened to their children on this night. I hope that a conviction will bring them solace, but I truly doubt it. Whoever did this needs to be caged so it won't be done again. What a nightmare.

In my opinion these murders would have to be completely random for CM to be so mentally impaired that he could not participate in his own defense or be tried. And we all know that there was no way that these were random acts as the murders occurred at two different locations and times to victims that were related. CM aparently had enough mental capacity to execute a plan and did not remain at the scene to be found by the police. In fact, it appears that he fled and made further efforts to conceal the crime. If he chooses not to participate in his own defense I believe that he should stand trial anyhow. Let him just sit there at the defense table with his mouth shut and be convicted.

And why are we still housing CM the third floor PSU section of the jail? I suggest that he be moved to general population. He may regain some of his mental capacity after a few weeks and decide to corporate with his PD.

I applaud those here that want to show compassion to the victim's families by trying to rationalize, trivialize, and minimize the victim's drug usage. But, there is no denying that there was massive drug abuse going on, with serious drugs, and the possibility that the victims may have been more than just casual users. When there are large amounts of drugs and money involved there will also be guns and debt problems. I don't think that we should overlook the possible drug angle to this story.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back