CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kwashiorkor is a form of severe protein–energy malnutrition characterized by edema, and an enlarged liver with fatty infiltrates. Sufficient calorie intake, but with insufficient protein consumption, distinguishes it from marasmus"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor

Sufficient calories but insufficient protein--that would track with a "fad diet" type regime where he was being fed raw juices or whatever but not enough nuts, tofu, meat, etc.

I wondered something similar when I saw the picture with Devonte and the juicer. Pure speculation though. We don't know what they were eating. It just seems like it wasn't enough or wasn't enough of the right things.

I also just want to add that the continued reference in MSM and SM to either just the women or Devonte really bothers me. The other children are basically lumped together as the Hart family. I’ve seen a number of articles even that said something along the lines of “Devonte Hart family etc...”. A few of the children seem noticeably absent in Jen’s videos, in photos etc. I wonder if maybe Devonte was their shining star, who went along with most everything they asked of him. Perhaps his noncompliance (going to the neighbors) was the end for them, the last straw. Who knows. I so hope those last three kiddos are alive somewhere..although I know it’s terribly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were two neighbors quoted in the article. One was living next to them in MN, and it sounded like they saw it. The other neighbor was in Portland, and was telling the story that the women told when they moved to Portland. I had to read it twice, because I thought it was the same neighbor the first time I read it, too.

I can only find one neighbor Eric/Erich C & his wife in the article. Can you point me to the other neighbor? Here's the link I was reading http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-plunged-cliff-fled-home-targeted-KKK.html
if you get a chance.

I also just want to add that the continued reference in MSM and SM to either just the women or Devonte really bothers me. The other children are basically lumped together as the Hart family. I’ve seen a number of articles even that said something along the lines of “Devonte Hart family etc...”. A few of the children seem noticeably absent in Jen’s videos, in photos etc. I wonder if maybe Devonte was their shining star, who went along with most everything they asked of him. Perhaps his noncompliance (going to the neighbors) was the end for them, the last straw. Who knows. I so hope those last three kiddos are alive somewhere..although I know it’s terribly unlikely.

I'm afraid that is a device to get people to care, as in: "Remember that cute black kid that hugged the white cop. The one that taught us the world just needs love. Something awful happened to him. Read this story." Shameless.

We cannot take photos from or link to social media of people other than Jennifer and Sarah Hart. Please do not link to their friends' or neighbors' social media or post photos from those people's pages.

I have been trying to figure out if Washington Medicaid will pay for bridges/partials for children. I believe that Hannah would have had to have a bridge or implants to repair her front teeth. I don't think Medicaid in any state will pay for implants. They may or may not pay for a bridge. I am leaning towards not. It is possible that the cost was too prohibitive for the family. If that was my child, I would have financed it, but I'm just offering another perspective beyond Hannah not wanting her teeth repaired or our supposition that she had a dentist phobia. I am curious how it happened, but it seems obvious they have been that way a while. It could have been a standard childhood accident. The best bet would have been to have restoration done right after she lost them.

https://www.hca.wa.gov/free-or-low-cost-health-care/apple-health-medicaid-coverage/dental-services
I'm wondering if they didn't want to explain how it happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think both "parents" were monsters.

(insert latest acronym for bolded by me with respect <g>)

This is what I've been thinking, absolutely!

~jmo~

I have one very skinny child and one that’s not. Again.. I don’t think these kids are malnourished. But I do think they played favorites a lot. And I think Jen is a monster who abused her kids by withholding food and being abusive. The favoritism is very clear in the Sarah’s Birthday Adventure video. I’m hoping Devonte was hoarding food to make a run for it. And I’m hoping he took the kids with him that would go. And they are still out there somewhere, too scared to come home.

Again... with these new pictures... the kids clothes fascinate me. Lots of time and attention and money and energy to keep them all dressed the same way, in general. And a lot of them aren’t Kohl’s clothing. Under Armour didn’t make it to Kohl’s until last year. I noticed designer jeans in some pictures/videos. Chuck Taylor shoes. I have three kids and to keep them in matching clothes would be horrifying because they have growth spurts at different times. It suggests to me that they shopped before any “outing” or “photo op.”

This case is baffling to me. I admit. I keep wanting to make sense of it but I cannot come to any other conclusion than Jen was a monster.

What were Markis’ long term plans? He’s 19. Did any of these friends sticking up for them now ever ask?
Why only Jen?

I'm wondering if they didn't want to explain how it happened.

Or possibly have the kid let it slip, yep.

Even if WA Medicaid didn't cover it, you can get that kind of work done at a discount or charity rates at the Oregon Health Sciences University dental school right across the river in Portland. And with their gift for blarney, no doubt if they had wanted to they could have fundraised and talked their way into getting not just discount or free dental work, but a photo op for all involved too. If they had wanted to.

Aaaaagh. They got me! You are right. I am going to try to get rid of my comment.

Actually, the DM article does quote the Woodland neighbors as well. The DeKalbs. He says that the Harts told him the lie that they moved from OR because they kids were bullied at school (they were homeschooled in OR, never enrolled in public school there!). You weren&#8217;t wrong.

Why only Jen?

I just think Jen is the one controlling the facade. Sarah likely is too. But she seems to be controlled by Jen to me. I was in an abusive marriage and I might have said I committed a crime for him if he asked me to. (I.e. Regarding the Abuse in MN) But.. Sarah should have protected those kids so she's likely complicit too. That's just my opinion. So far, all I can go on is my opinion.

That's a lot of dead animals. I read they partially blamed Hannah's plea to the neighbors on her cat's death. The Jen FB comments also mentioned multiple dead animals.

I'm just thinking that the torture or killing of animals can be earlier warning signs of bigger problems. Medical/psychological problems that "love"/abusive discipline or fresh air and sunshine and free hugs can't fix.

I'll see if I can find the cat thing....[eta https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-cliff-had-troubled-home-life-neighbors-say/]

RSBM

Wonder if those women had killed some of the kids' pets in order to 'punish' them ? Horrifying to think-- but there has to be a reason this girl was so frightened.
Kids (imo) like their 'creature comforts' .... and it would take a lot for them to flee their home.

RSBM

Wonder if those women had killed some of the kids' pets in order to 'punish' them ? Horrifying to think-- but there has to be a reason this girl was so frightened.
Kids (imo) like their 'creature comforts' .... and it would take a lot for them to flee their home.

Sadly I was thinking the same thing and it places me in an even disheartened mood [emoji30]

IMO

RSBM

Was my first thought when I read the 'explanation' for why Hannah ran to the home of the neighbors...fwiw.

~jmo~

You are wrong, GeorgiaRose. There's only a neighbor relaying a story Wonder Jen had told him and his wife about Minnesota. We don't have the Kkk here. Maybe racists but they wouldn't burn a cross!

And you jumped on me about criticizing clothing... Do you have children? It is impossible to dress them alike from Goodwill. There are 6 kids. I only mention brand names of clothing because they are EXPENSIVE. And I am wondering where the money came from. I have three children, upper middle class and I can't keep matching outfits for my children because they get growth spurts at different times. I was not criticizing "hats" or their clothing in general at all.

Oh I&#8217;ll agree about Goodwill. I shop there for my kids and myself all the time. We are lucky to be in a very wealthy area and I get beautiful things. But it&#8217;s rare to see more than one of anything. Maybe I can score one pair of UGG boots, but not for all three! I can get an Adidas tee shirt for one but not all. Etc. And it takes a lot of time to look through everything. I&#8217;m lucky to have the time, but I don&#8217;t know if Jen did. .

Another source of clothing is hand-me-downs from other families. We have a neighbor down the hall who is constantly leaving bags of her daughter&#8217;s clothing and shoes, barely worn. My shopaholic petite sister gives us tons of clothing, and anything that&#8217;s too grown-up for my middle-schoolers I pass along to another neighbor with college-age daughters. My niece gets a lot of youngest daughter&#8217;s clothing. None of us are POOR, but why spend money when we can give and receive? We&#8217;ve got quite a network of clothing pass alongs! I&#8217;ve received and given very expensive and good quality items I&#8217;d never purchase myself. I wonder if the Harts had friends who did the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea