CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Next, they need to look into the huge problem of powerful men exploiting young men. It's been an ongoing problem in both Hollywood and Washington DC. There are some big name directors in Hollywood who have been accused of exploiting underage or barely of age boys and men.

There was also the scandal of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who settled charges out of court involving molestation of young men when he was a high school wrestling coach. There's no way he stopped molesting boys once he was elected to Congress and moved to Washington DC. Which other members of Congress are doing the same?

Dennis Hastert: Child Molester

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...molester-prison-edit-0428-20160427-story.html

Even though former Congressman Hastert admitted to being a serial child molester, he spent less than 1 yr in prison.

Dennis Hastert: Republican 'Serial Child Molester' Released From Prison

https://www.**************/4375596/...n-serial-child-molester-released-from-prison/

Why have Hastert's crimes never been fully investigated?
Because if one domino goes down, the rest go down.

I am not surprised by any of this. In Hollywood land. Where a certain film maker can groom his ex wife's adopted daughter, then marry her, and have his own adopted daughter speak out about sexual abuse.
Yet still this sleezebag is the end all be all of 'high art' quirky filmdome, and he is highyly praised,and glorified like he's the mesiah of movie making. Actors,and actresses clamor to land that much coveted roll in one his films as if they are nothing until he deems them worthy. Then It's like have truly arrived when this sicko has them in one of his films.
It just turns my stomach. I Can't watch any movies he puts out. Just the thought of him is sickening.
So yeah. I'm not surprised it seems to be the norm.

Let's not forget the standing ovation they gave Roman Polanski either. I too am not a bit surprised and think this is just the tip of a very rotten iceberg. I hope Weinstein names names and drags the whole lot down with him.

Looking at Harvey Weinstein, he is most likely narcissistic and a psychopath, likely a malevolent and/or narcissistic psychopath.

When someone tries to expose him, he retaliates by either suing or having news articles about them published. He is driven by revenge and power and control. This may suggest Weinstein could be an injustice collector. Injustice collectors are often very conscious about what people think about them. They always see themselves as the victim.

He shows characteristics similar to Jerry Sandusky, Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Bernie Madoff, Eric Harris, Stephen Paddock, Osama bin Laden, Jodi Arias, Michelle Carter, Lori Drew, and Casey Anthony. They are highly narcissistic and predatory in nature.

Jodi, Joran and Casey: On the Psychology of Evil
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201305/jodi-joran-and-casey-the-psychology-evil

Let's not forget the standing ovation they gave Roman Polanski either. I too am not a bit surprised and think this is just the tip of a very rotten iceberg. I hope Weinstein names names and drags the whole lot down with him.
Agreed. I never understood all the defenders,and worshipers of Roman either.

It’s shocking and then again not shocking this horrendous scandal. I really hope he gets sued and is prosecuted either in the States or the U.K. Marchesa is finished as a brand unless it gets sold and even then it may struggle. I can see the Weinstein Company closing doors in the near future it certainly won’t continue under the same name and leadership. It is sinister that a company was willing to pay off multiple women accusers with company funds surely that can’t be legal?

I don’t believe Meryl Streep was “off the grid” for several days. If as I suspect she was in Croatia filming Mamma Mia 2 it is ridiculous to say Croatia is off the grid it has high speed internet everywhere. Her publicist or manager would have called her or at the very least family. Clearly she adopted a wait and see strategy and then went into panic mode when it backfired on her.

It’s shocking and then again not shocking this horrendous scandal. I really hope he gets sued and is prosecuted either in the States or the U.K. Marchesa is finished as a brand unless it gets sold and even then it may struggle. I can see the Weinstein Company closing doors in the near future it certainly won’t continue under the same name and leadership. It is sinister that a company was willing to pay off multiple women accusers with company funds surely that can’t be legal?

I don’t believe Meryl Streep was “off the grid” for several days. If as I suspect she was in Croatia filming Mamma Mia 2 it is ridiculous to say Croatia is off the grid it has high speed internet everywhere. Her publicist or manager would have called her or at the very least family. Clearly she adopted a wait and see strategy and then went into panic mode when it backfired on her.

Agree, Meryl Streep is an utter joke, like the the majority of the rest of the Hollywood crew. War on Women indeed.

After Weinstein Allegations, Rose McGowan Emerges as Major Voice
by Daniel Arkin

Rose McGowan does not shy away from battle. In recent years, the actress has eviscerated what she has called the "systemic abuse of women in Hollywood" — decrying harassment on film sets, declaring that she was "assembling an army" to challenge a male-dominated industry.

This week McGowan emerged as the most fierce and unrelenting critic of Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood titan who stands accused of sexual harassment and assault of women over at least three decades. McGowan, 44, has accused Weinstein of raping her.

In dozens of blistering social media posts, including one that led to a temporary but controversial suspension from Twitter, McGowan has blasted what she describes as a pervasive culture of mistreatment and silence in Hollywood, urging other women to come forward with their own stories of assault and calling on men to "stand up." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ions-rose-mcgowan-emerges-major-voice-n810551

After Weinstein Allegations, Rose McGowan Emerges as Major Voice
by Daniel Arkin

Rose McGowan does not shy away from battle. In recent years, the actress has eviscerated what she has called the "systemic abuse of women in Hollywood" — decrying harassment on film sets, declaring that she was "assembling an army" to challenge a male-dominated industry.

This week McGowan emerged as the most fierce and unrelenting critic of Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood titan who stands accused of sexual harassment and assault of women over at least three decades. McGowan, 44, has accused Weinstein of raping her.

In dozens of blistering social media posts, including one that led to a temporary but controversial suspension from Twitter, McGowan has blasted what she describes as a pervasive culture of mistreatment and silence in Hollywood, urging other women to come forward with their own stories of assault and calling on men to "stand up." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ions-rose-mcgowan-emerges-major-voice-n810551

I can't believe NBC has the nerve to post this after they passed on the story. The MSM has no shame.

Will Flood of Weinstein Accusers Bring Sweeping Change to Hollywood?
by Claire Atkinson

Rose Marie, the actress best known for playing Sally Rogers on “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” learned how Hollywood really works back in her first major film role as an adult in the 1950s. She was cast in the Phil Silvers comedy “Top Banana” when a producer made sexual advances against her.

“I rejected him with great flair, and he cut all of my musical numbers out of the film,” she told NBC News.

Now, learning the details of the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment scandal, she feels the same anger again. “It’s sickening, it’s disgusting,” said Rose Marie, 94. But it’s also different, she said: In contrast to the silence of her day, women are now speaking up against sexual coercion and taking action...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...users-bring-sweeping-change-hollywood-n810701

Good morning dear BetteDavisEyes,

Your post about Rose Marie is a real eye-opener.

This sentence by Rose Marie gives me hope:

"But it’s also different, she said: In contrast to the silence of her day, women are now speaking up against sexual coercion and taking action... "

The way that actors are forced to either submit to the sexual assault or refuse it makes me feel so sad. When they rebuke the sexual advances then they are shunned from the industry. Anyone who "submits" to these predators have to carry that decision all their lives. It's a horrid situation for anyone to be in, in any business.

The abusers who hold this power over them, to me, are "dream stealers". These actors have a dream to act and they are passionate about it.

It just makes me so sad that their dreams were torn away from them because of sexual predators.

Hopefully standards will change as a result of this coming out.

More women and men will speak out against these atrocities and the law enforcement is now trained to do something about it.

I think that producers or people in power and control who don't use their power to hurt others can help make a difference. They can use opportunities to stop others who have excessive power and control.

Hopefully everyone in different levels of power as well as the actors/writers/musicians who are starting out can feel safe to speak out. It is a difficult position to be in. I can only imagine.

I am not surprised by any of this. In Hollywood land. Where a certain film maker can groom his ex wife's adopted daughter, then marry her, and have his own adopted daughter speak out about sexual abuse.
Yet still this sleezebag is the end all be all of 'high art' quirky filmdome, and he is highyly praised,and glorified like he's the mesiah of movie making. Actors,and actresses clamor to land that much coveted roll in one his films as if they are nothing until he deems them worthy. Then It's like have truly arrived when this sicko has them in one of his films.
It just turns my stomach. I Can't watch any movies he puts out. Just the thought of him is sickening.
So yeah. I'm not surprised it seems to be the norm.
The BBC has an article where this very sicko has come out to defend H.W.
HIS own words are very telling. He may as well just say these actresses should just shut up, and if anyone had said anything to him about H.W. it would have fallen on deaf ears. He feels bad for poor dear H.W.
It's absolutely sickening, and appaling.
I Can't get the BBC article to link up. It is there.

The BBC has an article where this very sicko has come out to defend H.W.
HIS own words are very telling. He may as well just say these actresses should just shut up, and if anyone had said anything to him about H.W. it would have fallen on deaf ears. He feels bad for poor dear H.W.
It's absolutely sickening, and appaling.
I Can't get the BBC article to link up. It is there.

Harvey Weinstein: Woody Allen 'sad' for producer over sexual assault allegations

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41626750

LOL, this is going to leave a mark and I would not be in the least bit surprised. IMO, Bloom is beyond dirty and we've seen it many times.

Rose McGowen says Lisa Bloom offered her $6 million in exchange for public support for Weinstein

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4982694/Rose-McGowan-says-Lisa-Bloom-offered-money.html

Harvey Weinstein accuser Rose McGowan claims attorney Lisa Bloom offered her $6million to publicly support the disgraced media mogul who she says raped her.

In an emotional statement posted to what appears to be her private Facebook account, the former Charmed star accused celebrity attorney Lisa Bloom of approaching her literary agent to try and influence McGowan to publicly support Weinstein.

Bloom had represented Weinstein before resigning on October 7 after the scandal broke.

LOL, this is going to leave a mark and I would not be in the least bit surprised. IMO, Bloom is beyond dirty and we've seen it many times.

Rose McGowen says Lisa Bloom offered her $6 million in exchange for public support for Weinstein

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4982694/Rose-McGowan-says-Lisa-Bloom-offered-money.html

Harvey Weinstein accuser Rose McGowan claims attorney Lisa Bloom offered her $6million to publicly support the disgraced media mogul who she says raped her.

In an emotional statement posted to what appears to be her private Facebook account, the former Charmed star accused celebrity attorney Lisa Bloom of approaching her literary agent to try and influence McGowan to publicly support Weinstein.

Bloom had represented Weinstein before resigning on October 7 after the scandal broke.

I’m not suprised I can’t stand Lisa Bloom or her annoying mother Glóría Allred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back