CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Angel, ur right abt LR not going into the store but I'm 99% positive (though we all know abt that 1% coming back to haunt us!) that Ross said he left Hassani at the back and waited but when she didn't come to the door he walked around to the front door. This may have been after he 1st walked by the the front window and motioned to JC.

I was under the impression that it went like this:
LR parks BMW, pops trunk, opens Hasanni's door.
LR tells Hasanni to wait by back door, takes baby to front of store.
LR signals to JC that they are there.
LR comes directly back to alley.
JC is already at the back door asking "where's Hasanni"

Because of that wraparound plate glass window in the empty store on the corner, there is a lot of visibility --of course, walking around the corner you can't see into the alley, but if someone were grabbing Hasanni and going out of the alley into Harwood St., you could possibly see it from College Ave because of that empty store's windows .
True, but only if LR was heading back towards where the car was. It's that time when he's going towards the shoe store and his back is toward the alley that bothers me. I just think it would've been much better if he had called the store and had her open the door instead of walking to it. Unless of course Hassani was never there to begin with and this sounded like a good way to explain his "absence". MOO

My personal feeling is that, in that neighborhood, at that time of day, a late model unlocked BMW
is more at risk of being stolen than is an unaccompanied cute little five year old kid.

I am starting to think that the kid was never there.

Here's the video that shows the reporter timing the walk from the backdoor to the front It also appears that there is no ringer on the backdoor....since I recall a few asking if it had one.

VIDEO: Investagators Searching Car Hassani's was Taken To Store In
http://serve.castfireicom/video/139013/139013_2009-08-11-234829.mp4

ETA: This video has an interview from a neighboor of LWR's & JC's:
VIDEO: FBI Searches Park Near The House Of Missing 5-Year-Old Boy
http://serve.castfire.com/video/139519/139519_2009-08-12-234120.mp4

Watch this video at aprox. 1:46 & look at this picture of Hassani's house I noticed that the upstairs window screen is pushed out some in the bottom right corner! :eek: I highly doubt that Hassani fell through the window without a neighboor hearing it happen, but you never now. I'm just trying to look at every possible angel of what may have happened to him.
VIDEO~OAKLAND: Missing Five-Year-Old's Foster Parents To Take Lie-Detector Tests
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20377981/index.html

5997 Roxie Terrace, Hassani Campbell's home
6093_827090551753_1208515_47035845_1794367_n-300x300.jpg

This video is a good one for reference(taped 2 days after Hassani being reported missing!) IMO
RAW VIDEO: Foster Dad Speaks Of Missing Boy 08/12/09@7:07PM~17:09
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53997@kpix.dayport.com

In this one at the end of the video, the reporter states that the lawyer was consulted, because LWR was upset that people were saying that computers were taken from their home when LE & FBI searched it. Why is LWR upset over that & why even worry about that!

VIDEO: Search For Missing Boy Expands 08/12/09 6:05PM~2:15
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=53995@kpix.dayport.com

(Still looking for the one that momtective asked about!)
I'll edit to add the other one that momtective was asking about asap!

As well as any others or articles that have something in it that best describes the time-line etc.

:angel:

That was a very good video showing that window screen partly off the window! I wonder why it's like that? You just never know. He might have fallen out of the window.

LR has said that the worst thing for him is that "I screwed up" and maybe he doesn't mean he screwed up by leaving Hasanni in the alleyway.

I know Burris personally, I've met him, and yes he is a media hound and has a high-profile in the Bay Area.

Based on what I've seen on NG, I like him.
I usually agree with him.

I was under the impression that it went like this:
LR parks BMW, pops trunk, opens Hasanni's door.
LR tells Hasanni to wait by back door, takes baby to front of store.
LR signals to JC that they are there.
LR comes directly back to alley.
JC is already at the back door asking "where's Hasanni"

That's my impression too.

The whole story stinks to high heavens. It's just all wrong.

I won't blame or excuse Hassani's foster parents until LE has something to say, but at this point in time...I call BS, to put it bluntly. It's BS.

The thing about that frustrates me to no end is~ that if it is proven to be BS by LE, the BSer's will stick with the story~ and never reveal the truth about Hassani.

Sorry for the rant.

My personal feeling is that, in that neighborhood, at that time of day, a late model unlocked BMW
is more at risk of being stolen than is an unaccompanied cute little five year old kid.

I have to agree...as much as I don't want to believe he was never there it is looking more and more like he wasn't.

True, but only if LR was heading back towards where the car was. It's that time when he's going towards the shoe store and his back is toward the alley that bothers me. I just think it would've been much better if he had called the store and had her open the door instead of walking to it. Unless of course Hassani was never there to begin with and this sounded like a good way to explain his "absence". MOO

Yep, panthera, that is true...only coming around the corner from the store would there be a lot of visibility! And it would depend on which way the alleged abductor headed with Hasanni.

I don't know, it just seems to me, having been right there, if there was anyone lurking around, or any commotion at all, even with his back turned, it's just a few steps away to the corner, and he would have sensed something.....that is, if Hasanni was there to begin with, (as you say!)

Exactly. If he left the trunk lid open somebody with bad intentions would think the car was unlocked as well and try going after the car ~ not noticing that a child was hanging around waiting for the store's door to be unlocked. MOO

That's my impression too.

The whole story stinks to high heavens. It's just all wrong.

I won't blame or excuse Hassani's foster parents until LE has something to say, but at this point in time...I call BS, to put it bluntly. It's BS.

The thing about that frustrates me to no end is~ that if it is proven to be BS by LE, the BSer's will stick with the story~ and never reveal the truth about Hassani.

Sorry for the rant.

Could be as "simple" as Hassani was acting up, so, frustrated, dad leaves him out there longer than he says and is working to cover up his own shame/guilt.

I never, ever let my kids out of my sight. I had to be able to see them at all times. I can't imagine leaving a five y/o by himself for any amount of time, but that's just me. Everyone has their own way of doing things.
JMO

ITA. I read a great comment somewhere, maybe it was here, but they said their grandmother would always say, "Don't leave your kid anywhere you wouldn't leave a million dollars."

ITA. I read a great comment somewhere, maybe it was here, but they said their grandmother would always say, "Don't leave your kid anywhere you wouldn't leave a million dollars."

Sounds like a great siggy line to me...

That was a very good video showing that window screen partly off the window! I wonder why it's like that? You just never know. He might have fallen out of the window.

LR has said that the worst thing for him is that "I screwed up" and maybe he doesn't mean he screwed up by leaving Hasanni in the alleyway.

Interesting isn't it Columbo - 'I screwed up' is the worst thing for him???? What a self-absorbed jerk...how about the worst thing being THE LITTLE BOY MISSING??? :furious:

I was wondering about that, too. Oh gosh--I was thinking blood brother, maybe it was a foster brother! But who would he(Hasanni) have been living with? Do you think maybe he was temporarily placed because of the domestic violence situation, and then JC and LR stepped in because they are family?

Having been a foster parent for over 20 years I'm pretty sure that when Hassani was removed from his mother's home, he was placed in foster care. Most likely a service plan for the family was issued by the courts for reunification but as in most cases the family could not or would not complete the service plan. Each state is different but for the most part the family has anywhere from a year to two years to complete a service plan before parental rights are terminated (TPR) at the time of (TPR) Child protective services begins looking for a permanent placement for the child and family members of the child are the first to be considered.
If Hassani was in foster care prior to being placed with JC then he would naturally refer to other children in the foster home as brother/sister.
Also with family placements there is normally no foster care per diem paid but Hassani may have been drawing SSI payments because of his disability.

Having been a foster parent for over 20 years I'm pretty sure that when Hassani was removed from his mother's home, he was placed in foster care. Most likely a service plan for the family was issued by the courts for reunification but as in most cases the family could not or would not complete the service plan. Each state is different but for the most part the family has anywhere from a year to two years to complete a service plan before parental rights are terminated (TPR) at the time of (TPR) Child protective services begins looking for a permanent placement for the child and family members of the child are the first to be considered.
If Hassani was in foster care prior to being placed with JC then he would naturally refer to other children in the foster home as brother/sister.
Also with family placements there is normally no foster care per diem paid but Hassani may have been drawing SSI payments because of his disability.

I was foster parent for almost 5 years, here in tn they call in kinship care if you foster relatives, you still get per diem I dont think its has much as the regular per diem for non relives, that just what i was told in training, i never fostered relatives,

here in tn, if you were to adopt little Hassani, you would still get the check after the adoption because of his disability, adoption asst

I adopted my little boy through foster care, she surrendered her rights before they tpr on her, My check stopped because there was no disability and there was no siblings.

California has a "Kinship Care" program, where financial assistance is available for people who foster children who are related to them.

"A relative who is caring for a child who is eligible for federal foster care receives a foster care payment each month. This payment is currently about $425 to $597 per month, depending on the age of the child.

A relative who is caring for a child who is not eligible for federal foster care receives a welfare payment for the child. This payment currently is at a maximum of $387 per month per child and adjusted based on numerous factors."

http://www.dss.cahwnet.gov/cfsweb/PG1351.htm

I can't get past the fact the this child was only 3 feet tall. My average sized 2 year old is 35.5 inches tall. If someone took him I'm sure he looked like a toddler. I still don't believe someone did take him though. We were driving on 880 through Hayward today and saw a squad car next to a stroller at the side of the road in the drainage ditch. i'm sure it was not related but it is so sad to think it could be.

Interesting isn't it Columbo - 'I screwed up' is the worst thing for him???? What a self-absorbed jerk...how about the worst thing being THE LITTLE BOY MISSING??? :furious:

In all fairness, those may not have been his exact words-- I wish I had the link-- but I get your drift! What he said could carry a double meaning, or a deeper meaning than the obvious. He is kind of a jerk. I think it was said during one of his first interviews sitting on the couch with JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname