Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

Exactly. How is this not yet solved?

A long-time poster here on WS, who is no longer with us, often said, "Before you can connect the dots, you first have to collect the dots". While LE may, or may not, have a pretty good idea what happened to Heidi, there are still a lot of dots that have to be collected and connected before this case can ever be successfully closed, not the least of which is recovery of Heidi, or of her remains. I know that a body is not an absolute necessity in order to get a criminal conviction, but in a case where it seems no one is talking and sufficient evidence may be lacking, attempting to charge someone in a death that you cannot prove the cause of, or may not even be able to convince a jury that happened, is probably a waste of time and money. JMO

Last edited:
I thought of Heidi tonight, stopped in to see if there were any updates. It's always sad to see a case reach this stage, I never thought it would fade away to this degree.
Is the silence from LAPD & her family intentional?

A long-time poster here on WS, who is no longer with us, often said, "Before you can connect the dots, you first have to collect the dots". While LE may, or may not, have a pretty good idea what happened to Heidi, there are still a lot of dots that have to be collected and connected before this case can ever be successfully closed, not the least of which is recovery of Heidi, or of her remains. I know that a body is not an absolute necessity in order to get a criminal conviction, but in a case where it seems no one is talking and sufficient evidence may be lacking, attempting to charge someone in a death that you cannot prove the cause of, or may not even be able to convince a jury that happened, is probably a waste of time and money. JMO
Thanks for the Firefox quote. Made my weekend.

Thanks for the Firefox quote. Made my weekend.

OT, but I still think of @Foxfire often. Whenever there are searches going on for missing people, as in the Naomi Irion case going on now, I choose to think that he is up in Heaven guiding searchers in any way that he can. It was his passion. JMO

Last edited:
You have not been, and will not be forgotten, Heidi. Even though the wheels of justice sometimes turn very slowly, they do still turn. Praying that you may be found, and whoever is responsible for your disappearance will be held fully accountable. JMO

Last edited:
No movement still on this case? Sad for Heidi's son. I hope she's found soon and her family can get some closure.
The youtubers seemed to be full of information and hot on this case. I would've thought with the. things they uncovered that
she would be found much sooner than later.

No movement still on this case? Sad for Heidi's son. I hope she's found soon and her family can get some closure.
The youtubers seemed to be full of information and hot on this case. I would've thought with the. things they uncovered that
she would be found much sooner than later.

their information very well may have been false Jmo

With Crime Scene Detectives combing the landfill that services the Hope+Flower Buildings, it is a fair assumption to conclude evidence of a crime against Heidi occurred therein.

DEC 2021
Missing mom 'overdosed on fentanyl-laced Adderall' so revellers 'dumped body'

If the news article by The Sun is true, where does it fit in that HP wanted her bf, NS, to come visit because she was frightened?

WS has multiple threads of females who were given a drug laced with the deadly Fentanyl.

A few ladies were dropped off at area LA Emergency Rooms at different times; one survived for a few days; one did not; the other is apparently doing alright. Arrests have been made in those cases.

A major bust a few days ago for 20 pounds of the drug fentanyl, is said to be able to kill 4.7 million people. Also, they had pounds of meth and pounds of cocaine Two men were arrested in a Buena Park home which is less than 30 minutes south of LA.

While I don't understand it, I must wonder why people who use drugs, recreational users, are being targeted by lacing their drug preference with a deadly amount of fentanyl.

With Crime Scene Detectives combing the landfill that services the Hope+Flower Buildings, it is a fair assumption to conclude evidence of a crime against Heidi occurred therein.

DEC 2021
Missing mom 'overdosed on fentanyl-laced Adderall' so revellers 'dumped body'

If the news article by The Sun is true, where does it fit in that HP wanted her bf, NS, to come visit because she was frightened?

WS has multiple threads of females who were given a drug laced with the deadly Fentanyl.

A few ladies were dropped off at area LA Emergency Rooms at different times; one survived for a few days; one did not; the other is apparently doing alright. Arrests have been made in those cases.

A major bust a few days ago for 20 pounds of the drug fentanyl, is said to be able to kill 4.7 million people. Also, they had pounds of meth and pounds of cocaine Two men were arrested in a Buena Park home which is less than 30 minutes south of LA.

While I don't understand it, I must wonder why people who use drugs, recreational users, are being targeted by lacing their drug preference with a deadly amount of fentanyl.

I'd agree there's got to be a reason the LAPD searched that part of the landfill. They must have had some reason to think HP's body was there. We don't know what they know-- just that they've said they have "forensic evidence" and think "an incident" at the H&F involved HP losing her life.

The Sun story about a fatal OD may be true. Certainly I think the people talking to the Sun have been told the various stories they reported by residents of the H&F. Those stories may have been told to LE by residents too. But that doesn't mean the stories are necessarily true.

I've wondered about the story that HP supposedly told her San Francisco-based BF she was frightened. I don't think we can know what all that means. There's too much we don't know. For example, had she ever told him that before in the 3 years they were dating? If so, what did she mean by that before? And exactly what did she say? We have the story only 3rd or 4th hand. Was she just trying to get the BF to come down for the weekend because she was lonely or nervous? Did she often get nervous when she was alone because Bond was at her ex-husband's? We know she'd had a psychotic break in the past as reported by the Daily Mail. Could her fear have been a sign of an impending episode? Might she have self-medicated and gotten bad drugs as the Sun story says?

I'm not sure that drug users are being "targeted." I think it's just that people manufacturing and selling drugs don't care if people die. And fentanyl-laced drugs are everywhere, not just in LA. Deaths due to drug overdoses have increased dramatically in all but 4 US states in the last few years. The majority of overdoses involve fentanyl. US drug overdose deaths reach another record high as deaths from fentanyl surge - CNN
JMO

Adderall laced with fentanyl? Was her body ever found?

Her body has not been found. And we don't know what forensic evidence LE has from the H&F, at least I don't.

The DEA has warned about counterfeit Adderall laced with fentanyl.

One Pill Can Kill

That doesn't mean that's what killed HP, of course, assuming she is dead. But supposedly she did take Adderall and according to her ex (so maybe true, maybe not) she "doctor shopped" to get extra amounts. Does that mean she'd buy it from a dealer? Maybe, maybe not. But someone thought to have used the substance for years and used it above the usual prescription dosage might do that. More chance of it than with someone who'd never taken Adderall or any other psychoactive drug.
JMO

This weekend, as we come up on the six-month mark since the evening that Heidi Planck seems to have just disappeared, like she was part of some David Copperfield magic trick, I hope that some newspaper or tv news show highlights her story again, as I fear people have almost forgotten her and moved on with their own lives. I wonder how many or how few investigators are still actively working the case, and I fear that renewed interest from the public may be all that will finally bring the tip needed to find her and bring any responsible for her demise to justice. JMO

There are 3 things that I'd like to know. Well, more than three but I'll start with three.

1. Who disabled the tracking on her earbuds? (Can be done by unpairing them in bluetooth settings.)

2. Who disabled the tracking on her cell phone? (Turn off location settings.)

3. Who disabled the GPS tracking on her 2017 Range Rover? (Wayne tried to locate her RR.)

I can see Heidi being able to do 1 and 2. But, what does it take to disable tracking on her RR?

InControl: Provides the peace of mind that in the event that your vehicle is stolen, built in tracking allows the Stolen Vehicle tracking Centre to work with the police to recover your vehicle.
  • How do I enable or disable Journeys?
    The Journeys functionality can be enabled or disabled in the InControl Remote Smartphone App and on the My Land Rover InControl website.

To view or change the status of the functionality go to ""Vehicle settings"" in the InControl Remote Smartphone App or on the My Land Rover InControl website. Switch the Journeys toggle to on if you want to enable Journeys, or off if you want to disable it. You will then be asked to enter your PIN and save your change.
Land Rover InControl® - Remote & Protect FAQs | Land Rover USA

Alright. I think Heidi could do all three of these herself without outside assistance.

* InControl Apps must be selected when the vehicle is ordered as the hardware can only be fitted at the factory.

So why would Heidi want all of her devices freed from tracking?

There are 3 things that I'd like to know. Well, more than three but I'll start with three.

1. Who disabled the tracking on her earbuds? (Can be done by unpairing them in bluetooth settings.)

2. Who disabled the tracking on her cell phone? (Turn off location settings.)

3. Who disabled the GPS tracking on her 2017 Range Rover? (Wayne tried to locate her RR.)

I can see Heidi being able to do 1 and 2. But, what does it take to disable tracking on her RR?

InControl: Provides the peace of mind that in the event that your vehicle is stolen, built in tracking allows the Stolen Vehicle tracking Centre to work with the police to recover your vehicle.
  • How do I enable or disable Journeys?
    The Journeys functionality can be enabled or disabled in the InControl Remote Smartphone App and on the My Land Rover InControl website.

To view or change the status of the functionality go to ""Vehicle settings"" in the InControl Remote Smartphone App or on the My Land Rover InControl website. Switch the Journeys toggle to on if you want to enable Journeys, or off if you want to disable it. You will then be asked to enter your PIN and save your change.
Land Rover InControl® - Remote & Protect FAQs | Land Rover USA

Alright. I think Heidi could do all three of these herself without outside assistance.

* InControl Apps must be selected when the vehicle is ordered as the hardware can only be fitted at the factory.

So why would Heidi want all of her devices freed from tracking?

BBM...The simplest answer to why Heidi would want all of her devices freed from tracking may be that, like very many people, she just felt that all of the varying types of tracking software were invasions of her privacy. Many people feel that data collected by such software in vehicles can and may be used by insurance companies to help to determine future rates, i.e., average mileage driven, highway miles vs city miles, speeds driven, driving habits, etc. I do not leave location software on my cellphone turned on all the time because if you are not on top of all the apps that may use it, location on contributes to battery drain. I also think that someone like Heidi, who seemed to have some type of fear of someone or something, as she relayed to her bf, may be fearful of who may have hacking ability to get into her tracking software as well. And yes, we all have read the stories about how Air Tags can easily be used to track people, but Heidi may have taken all precautions that she could to move around without fear of every movement being known. JMO

Last edited:
Thank you, SteveP, for responding as I am merely attempting to stimulate discussions while we await news from LEO.

Yes, I believe it may be true that if HP was fearful of being tracked, followed or spied upon, in some manner, she disabled these devices herself. Thus, it would have eliminated 3 possible ways of tracking her whereabouts.

If InControl had been engaged for her RR, LE would have found her vehicle when JW attempted to locate it on WED., OCT 20 (I suppose is when he tried.) instead of on NOV 4 or 15 days after HP being reported as a MP.

Are RR equipped with telematics? If so, LE can obtain that data via a warrant. It could reveal every time stamp for when she used a turn indicator, the horn, the headlights, opened a door, etal. They will learn exactly where the vehicle has been over a certain amount of time based on their warrant. I have no doubt LE has known about her travels via obtaining the telematics data. Even without the InControl data being engaged, every time she stopped, even if at a coffee shop, for instance, the telematics will reveal this information.

I won't approach the insurance comment bc I believe in full and honest disclosure and try to live my life in such a way that there would be no fear in insurance companies obtaining my data. Think: Corporate Silos.

Switching topics for now, I studied the cctv of her walking Seven in the alley. It appears, to me, that she is walking rather briskly, with Seven trailing behind her. Why would this be?

Begins at 0:35

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple