Found Deceased CA - Jacob VanZant, 24, At Risk, from Stockton, 2004 white Honda Pilot, last seen 7:30pm leaving Shangri La Restaurant, Lodi, 17 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per the Adventures With Purpose livestream happening now:
On April 15, 2023, AWP found a White Honda Pilot, 18 feet underwater at the end of Eight Mile Road between Lodi and Stockton California, with license plate number: 5JCB311. Remains were found inside believed to be those of Jacob Vanzant, the missing 24-year-old young man out of Stockton, CA.

DBM.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not, but Adventures With Purpose will be going live in about 30 minutes with breaking news on the search for Jacob. :(
Thank you @Hestia's Fire, I was able to watch. I really can't believe that there was no gate or cable across that ferry ramp! This is so incredibly sad. RIP Jacob Vanzant <3

Are there bodies in all the other vehicles that are in the water at that spot?! It's terrifying to think of people just driving along and then unexpectedly hitting water. I hope warning signs and possibly a gate can be installed in the future. Condolences to Jacob 's family and friends.

Thank you @Hestia's Fire, I was able to watch. I really can't believe that there was no gate or cable across that ferry ramp! This is so incredibly sad. RIP Jacob Vanzant <3
But wouldn't he be familiar with the area since it was stated he usually picked up dinner (last place seen) and then went to pick up GF??
He would have traveled that route a lot of times, IMO
How did he end up in the water??

So Sad... RIP Jacob

But wouldn't he be familiar with the area since it was stated he usually picked up dinner (last place seen) and then went to pick up GF??
He would have traveled that route a lot of times, IMO
How did he end up in the water??

So Sad... RIP Jacob
This location is way off anyone's route, 12 miles off, and there is nothing but islands in the San Joaquin river delta out there: Shangri La Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar to Herman and Helen's MOO

Are there bodies in all the other vehicles that are in the water at that spot?! It's terrifying to think of people just driving along and then unexpectedly hitting water. I hope warning signs and possibly a gate can be installed in the future. Condolences to Jacob 's family and friends.

I think a lot of them are probably just insurance jobs. There were some memorials posted though.

The first bit of mainstream news I've seen reporting on the discovery, but with no new info.

VanZant's vehicle, a white Honda Pilot, was located 18 feet underwater and 150 feet away from shore at the end of Eight Mile Road between Lodi and Stockton, AWP said.

Confirmation from Medical Examiner. :(

Seven miles west of Stockton, Eight Mile Road dead-ends into Little Potato Slough, one of numerous twisting waterways running off the San Joaquin River.

A body found in the slough Saturday is that of Jacob VanZant, a 24-year-old who went missing in February after leaving a Lodi restaurant, Christy Patterson, a spokesperson for the county medical examiner, confirmed Tuesday.

A dive team found VanZant's body in his car, Lodi police Sgt. Matt Latino said. The white Honda Pilot SUV was submerged in about 18 feet of water between 100 and 150 feet offshore, he said.

"At this point, we can confirm that it did appear to be some sort of accident," the sergeant said. "Whether or not it was intentional, or whether or not intoxicants were involved, are currently up in the air."

This is absolutely terrible. My deepest condolences to all of Jacob's loved ones. :(
@ohemgee.kay925 - you did so great keeping Jacob's thread at the top of the new postings many days. We can't solve everything, but your gentle prodding reminds me why we do this.

This is not what anyone expected, who would? I agree that this is so so sad, but sorta relief they did not have to wait years and years for his car to be found. Does not allow for any comforting fantasy that he's coming home now though...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back