CA CA - Jennifer Wilmer, 21, Willow Creek, 13 Sept 1993

The recent insight into Pot farms in the comments here are interesting. Although it has been reported that Jennifer supposedly never made it to the farm. It takes on a whole new direction if she did make it and something is being covered up. Jennifer's mother did pass away in 2017. I found the obit online. I hope she has found answers on the other side.

Interesting. If that synopsis in the Trinity’s Missing article is referring to Tro Patterson that surprises me. I don’t recall him as being labeled a suspect but I haven’t read up on this case in detail in a while.

Do you know if her profile was compared to the woman found in January 94 in California along I505? Namus UP15019. Not sure if they have DNA there, but est. height is very close 5 1 est.; Jennifer as 5 2. It is a four-five hour drive and estimated PMI is 3 months. Est. age range 24-35, also quite close.

In everything I have read about this case I have never read about anyone being named a POI.
I wonder where the Trinity Journal got that information or if it’s even accurate. I find it pretty surprising.

I feel like I can bring another perspective to this case. I lived in Humboldt for 13 years, and have worked on multiple marijuana fields in the willow creek and Trinity county areas. Not only that, but there is a huge grateful dead element to this case and I spent a huge portion of my life emerged in that culture. Although I was only in elementary school when Jennifer disappeared, I believe there are angles to this case that nobody has explored.

First of all Tro's Mom... Tro's Mom owned Sweet Water Music Hall in mill valley, not only did the grateful dead live in the area, but members of the band would frequently play at Sweet Water. Tro's mom had a great friendship with the band. In a way, Jennifer was essentially once removed from the band she followed. This is huge and probably a big reason why no one has come forward. We are talking a whole counter culture of people who not only survive off of touring, but thrive following the band around the united states... a cross country network revolving around drugs, and hustling.

Humboldt is the same way... When I first arrived in 2006, I couldn't believe that a place like that existed. Complete wild west. The whole economy revolves around weed, and still does to this day. Most of the county is shrouded in woods, and is behind locked gates, it is govern by secretive little subsets who make fortunes growing weed and have inflated egos. Jennifer's disappearance 100% coincides with harvest season. I would bet my life that she went to a property to trim weed. Given the year, and laws regarding marihuana, its likely her friends knew she was trimming and were covering for her. I've been apart of scenes in that exact area that lasted until December... and I never left the property. Given the flock of birds that she hung out with, and the county she lived in, this is the most logical assumption to me. Maybe they expected her back? Or maybe she was involved with a dangerous click and her friends were intimated.

Another thing I find interesting is the bigfoot videos. It was filmed in an area not to far away from where Jennifer disappeared, and filmed by a guy with the last name Patterson. Tro's dad lived in Humboldt, and when I looked up their family tree, there was a relative that connected them both or at least had the same name. Clair maybe? I don't remember. Maybe there is a family property in the area.

Anyways, This case is personal to me... It would be my life's delight if I could help Jennifer's family achieve some sort of closure. I hope I have awoken some sleuths.

Last edited:
I feel like I can bring another perspective to this case. I lived in Humboldt for 13 years, and have worked on multiple marijuana fields in the willow creek and Trinity county areas. Not only that, but there is a huge grateful dead element to this case and I spent a huge portion of my life emerged in that culture. Although I was only in elementary school when Jennifer disappeared, I believe there are angles to this case that nobody has explored.

First of all Tro's Mom... Tro's Mom owned Sweet Water Music Hall in mill valley, not only did the grateful dead live in the area, but members of the band would frequently play at Sweet Water. Tro's mom had a great friendship with the band. In a way, Jennifer was essentially once removed from the band she followed. This is huge and probably a big reason why no one has come forward. We are talking a whole counter culture of people who not only survive off of touring, but thrive following the band around the united states... a cross country network revolving around drugs, and hustling.

Humboldt is the same way... When I first arrived in 2006, I couldn't believe that a place like that existed. Complete wild west. The whole economy revolves around weed, and still does to this day. Most of the county is shrouded in woods, and is behind locked gates, it is govern by secretive little subsets who make fortunes growing weed and have inflated egos. Jennifer's disappearance 100% coincides with harvest season. I would bet my life that she went to a property to trim weed. Given the year, and laws regarding marihuana, its likely her friends knew she was trimming and were covering for her. I've been apart of scenes in that exact area that lasted until December... and I never left the property. Given the flock of birds that she hung out with, and the county she lived in, this is the most logical assumption to me. Maybe they expected her back? Or maybe she was involved with a dangerous click and her friends were intimated.

Another thing I find interesting is the bigfoot videos. It was filmed in an area not to far away from where Jennifer disappeared, and filmed by a guy with the last name Patterson. Tro's dad lived in Humboldt, and when I looked up their family tree, there was a relative that connected them both or at least had the same name. Clair maybe? I don't remember. Maybe there is a family property in the area.

Anyways, This case is personal to me... It would be my life's delight if I could help Jennifer's family achieve some sort of closure. I hope I have awoken some sleuths.

Welcome to Websleuths @JBgoat and thanks for your valuable insights! I completely agree with you. The “farm” Jennifer was going to work on definitely didn’t grow edible veggies! We lived in Southern Humboldt for 13 years and left in 1984. It was the Wild West then and undoubtedly worse in 1993. Legalization hasn’t helped. And there is definitely an impenetrable wall of silence in Humboldt. So many unsolved missing person cases. People criticize the sheriff for not finding people, but if no one will talk it’s impossible. And the sheriff can’t just go onto property looking for a missing person without a search warrant showing probable cause. It’s a very dangerous place and I’m glad you made it out OK.

I assume you were never able to uncover any solid clues during your time trimming in the area where Jennifer disappeared. It would have been risky to ask around, of course, but sometimes people talk.

Thank you @Lilibet, I appreciate that. No, I never uncovered any clues to this case but I only just learned about it in 2020. I'm very much attached to this mystery and I can relate to Jennifer in a lot of ways. I'm not content with her disappearance just being lost to history... I've spent some time going through this thread and I feel like everyone is just off the mark. There are a lot of stones left on touched and if this thread could get some traction I feel like we could make some actual headway. I say this because I don't have the resources some people do here but I know the right buttons to push.

I've spent some time going through this thread and I feel like everyone is just off the mark. There are a lot of stones left on touched and if this thread could get some traction I feel like we could make some actual headway. I say this because I don't have the resources some people do here but I know the right buttons to push.

It’s great to have fresh eyes here @JBgoat. I’m intrigued. Can you be more specific about the stones left untouched that keep us just off the mark. That could help members focus. And what buttons would you push?

Do keep in mind that we are subject to the limitations of Websleuths’ rules and can’t sleuth anyone except the victim and the suspect named by law enforcement (LE). That keeps out gossip, of course, but may be some of the stones we’ve left untouched.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Thanks for sharing the rules, that's good to know. I hope its okay that I mentioned who Tro's mom was because I think Its important to this case. This thread has some wonderful contributions and great sleuthing, but it feels as though everyone sort of hit a dead end. For me, I believe the answers lie within the Grateful Dead community and there hasn't been quite enough emphasis in that regard.

As far as pushing the right buttons, I just mean to say that there is a plethora of tools at our disposal that have yet to be exhausted. One advantage to the grateful dead association is the treasure trove of archived video footage, live recordings, forums, timelines, etc., etc. I highly doubt Jennifer associated with anyone outside of the grateful dead community at the time of her disappearance, and given the era its not surprising to me nobody came forward if she was apart of something illegal. Also given her connection to Tro and touring around following the dead, I suspect she made a lot of friends on tour or was at the very least known. Its strange to me that more people haven't come forward at least acknowledging that they knew her. The fact that people are so closed mouth about her is unsettling.

I may try to get on one of these dead forums and see if I can get someone to open up about her. I've been searching for any footage I can find of shows that I think she may have went to and have been paying specific attention to the lot scenes hoping to spot a glimpse of her. It would be nice If I could find archival footage from the Sweetwater music hall from around that time (Tro's Mom owned this). I'm not even sure what I'm looking for but just hoping to catch ahold of any sort of detail.

Of course there is always the possibility foul play is not responsible for Jennifer's disappearance. She might have went swimming in the river at hawkins bar and drowned. It happens every year in Humboldt and trinity counties. Maybe she really was just going to work at a vegetable and her disappearance is completely unrelated to Tro and the Grateful Dead Community, who knows... I tend to believe the most likely scenario is the most plausible though, and given the birds she flocked with and the lucrative possibility's of her surroundings I'd bet everything that she went to work on a weed farm.

Just in case anyone is interested I am going to drop a link to a true crime podcast which originally brought Jennifer's case to my attention. She is briefly mentioned in the first episode. The podcast is not about her but is centered around other missing persons in the grateful dead community. It really shines a light on what is possible in dead community if enough attention is brought to a case and gives me hope that this case can be solved.

EPISODE 01 | Dead and Gone Podcast

Idk, the suicide may just be random. I think the farm needs to be investigated further. Many, many people go missing when dealing with "farms" back then. She may have walked upon to something they felt she shouldn't have seen or something, but I definitely believe there is something with that situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back